Super Smash Bros.

Started by Spark Of Spirit, April 28, 2012, 09:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Nobody mentioned this after your last freak-out?

Smash Bros. 3DS has a Paper Mario stage.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

In case anyone wanted to know, there IS Thousand Year Door representation as well:

People think they might have a part of the stage from each Paper Mario game.

FINALLY, the series gets some Smash representation.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I hate to sound bitter, but I still can't believe that Ryu isn't a featured character in this game. Aside from the fact that he would be a perfect fit for a fighting game of this sort, and the fact that he had an iconic and memorable trilogy in the NES; Team Ninja has also worked with Nintendo on at least 5 separate occasions: Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword, Metroid: Other M, Dead or Alive: Dimensions, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, and currently on Hyrule Warriors. You'd think that would at least be enough to get some nod to NG of some sort in at least one version of the game (either 3DS or Wii-U), but I guess this just further cements how little anyone really cares about the series, anymore.

Other than that, I'd probably buy the game if I had a 3DS or Wii-U, but I won't be owning either for a long while, unfortunately.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on July 29, 2014, 01:57:24 PM
I hate to sound bitter, but I still can't believe that Ryu isn't a featured character in this game. Aside from the fact that he would be a perfect fit for a fighting game of this sort, and the fact that he had an iconic and memorable trilogy in the NES; Team Ninja has also worked with Nintendo on at least 5 separate occasions: Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword, Metroid: Other M, Dead or Alive: Dimensions, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, and currently on Hyrule Warriors. You'd think that would at least be enough to get some nod to NG of some sort in at least one version of the game (either 3DS or Wii-U), but I guess this just further cements how little anyone really cares about the series, anymore.

Other than that, I'd probably buy the game if I had a 3DS or Wii-U, but I won't be owning either for a long while, unfortunately.
I think three third party slots for this game is good, but there are a few others they can add for future games.

Mainly, Simon Belmont, Ryu Hayabusa, and someone like Crono from Square-Enix (to represent everything great about old school RPGs) would be natural additions for a sequel.

I want a Ninja Gaiden rooftop stage with Act I from Ninja Gaiden 1 playing, after all.

Nel_Annette

Paper Mario stage. Yes. Yeeeessssss. I hope the stage includes Shooting Star Summit and the chamber in front of the Thousand Year Door, along with Glitville

That fake post with all the characters becoming paper versions still leaves me bitter, though.  :P

Spark Of Spirit

I thought these were pretty good:

Really, I think the titles for each game is fine for what it is.

Rynnec

I wouldn't mind Dante being in Smash, even if it would absolutely make no sense whatsoever in any way shape or form. :humhumhum:

Nel_Annette

Okay, stupid question, but I haven't been paying undivided attention to these like I did to Brawl. They're giving these actual names right, because October's close and I'm still seeing them called "for 3DS" and "for Wii U". Those aren't actually the names, are they?  ???

Spark Of Spirit

They is.

Nintendo is on a kick after the Wii U naming debacle of making sure customers know the difference between products. And apparently unless you give the game a number at the end, customers get confused. So they went with the most obvious name to tell them apart.

Personally I just call them Smash 3DS and Smash Wii-U.

Nel_Annette

Ah. Well that's... weird. I liked the subtitles like Melee and Brawl. Oh well.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I would've preferred the synonym titles as well. I guess there's always next time.

gunswordfist

numbered titles are the best.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

RacattackForce

It also works as a nice bit of wordplay. Smash Bros. for Wii U? Smash Bros. 4: Wii U.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody