Super Smash Bros.

Started by Spark Of Spirit, April 28, 2012, 09:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Everyone's favorite knight is back... to the surprise of no one.

I'm expecting a Ganondorf reveal by the end of the week due to Hyrule Warriors, as we're hitting the home stretch before the 3DS version is out in Japan and the entire roster is spoiled. I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai just reveals the whole roster by release date.

Also, I said I'd sacrifice a new Zelda character if it meant Ganondorf getting a new moveset. I stand by that, as the only new Zelda characters I'd care for would be wizard Ganon or Vaati, neither of which we're probably getting.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

With this, nearly all of my mains from past games are returning.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 13, 2014, 11:58:07 PM
Also, I said I'd sacrifice a new Zelda character if it meant Ganondorf getting a new moveset. I stand by that, as the only new Zelda characters I'd care for would be wizard Ganon or Vaati, neither of which we're probably getting.

The only Zelda character that was a "must" for me was Midna, and she was disconfirmed, so bring on dual-wielding Ganondorf.

Spark Of Spirit

Beat? Why does Mega Man get Beat and Mario can't even get the Mario Tornado back?

Here's hoping for Eddie and Tango to show up, too.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

no mario tornado? the hell?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Is Mario Tornado still his down-A?

As long as FLUDD can be adjusted to do the other things it did in Sunshine (which would immediately make it a much better move than it was in Brawl), I think I'll live.

Spark Of Spirit

Fludd's the same as it was in Brawl. The different power levels are custom movesets only.

I really don't understand why it isn't an item. I mean, they could have even made in Mario's final smash and he could have blasted people off the stage with it for all I care. Mario Tornado was one of his best moves, the down-A version just doesn't compare.

Spark Of Spirit

We haven't had a good fake in a while, so I thought it post one here. The stage select screen pretty much debunks the whole thing for mixing retro and new stages like that, and Shulk reuses a pose from Little Mac, also I highly doubt Mii Fighters will be their own sanctioned off area like that. But the biggest issue is Dr. Mario and Dark Pit in new slots-- Sakurai cutting Lucas and Wolf but making Dr. Mario and Dark Pit standalone characters is extremely unlikely. Still, it's nice to see a well done fake for once.

Spark Of Spirit

Forgot to add that rumor that says there are DLC characters like Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, Snake, and the Chorus Men from Rhythm Heaven. I'm not sure why, those seem like random choices.

Now, see, I would be behind this leak if there weren't blatant bad ideas here. Dr. Mario and Dark Pit being standalone characters, no new Donkey Kong characters, Mewtwo not returning (Again? Why?), and the distinct lack of Isaac kill any hype I would have for it. Not to mention the interface looks ugly.

Biggest issue is Sakurai composing a roster list before starting development that didn't have Ice Climbers or Mewtwo on it, but had Dr. Mario and Dark Pit on it. I mean, really? Those are alternate costume fodder. Also, Snake? Give me a break.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 20, 2014, 04:28:09 PM
Biggest issue is Sakurai composing a roster list before starting development that didn't have Ice Climbers or Mewtwo on it, but had Dr. Mario and Dark Pit on it. I mean, really? Those are alternate costume fodder. Also, Snake? Give me a break.

Well  he did justify Lucina by stating she was scheduled to be an alternate costume for Marth before he decided she had enough differences to justify being a seperate character. It's not too far-fetched to assume Dr. Mario might have some more new moves aside from the Megavitamins and Dark Pit may have an entirely different arsenal than Pit's.

What's the big deal with Mewtwo though? He was largely considered one of the worst of the Melee fighters and as it stands, there are still 3 Kanto Pokemon in the roster. On top of that, Lucario and Charizard already have a Mega-Evolution finisher so Mewtwo would be kind of redundant.

Dropping Ice Climbers certainly sounds like a kick in the balls.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on August 20, 2014, 11:42:56 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 20, 2014, 04:28:09 PM

Well  he did justify Lucina by stating she was scheduled to be an alternate costume for Marth before he decided she had enough differences to justify being a seperate character. It's not too far-fetched to assume Dr. Mario might have some more new moves aside from the Megavitamins and Dark Pit may have an entirely different arsenal than Pit's.

What's the big deal with Mewtwo though? He was largely considered one of the worst of the Melee fighters and as it stands, there are still 3 Kanto Pokemon in the roster. On top of that, Lucario and Charizard already have a Mega-Evolution finisher so Mewtwo would be kind of redundant.
He's popular and he's liked. I never used him, don't really like him, but see no reason why he should be cut. There's a moveset languishing away waiting to be used. But if he's not in this game then I doubt he's ever coming back.

Dr. Mario was in Melee as a full clone, he's pretty much made for alternate costumes. I didn't really want him on the roster there, and I don't really here. Pichu would have been funny, at least.

As for Dark Pit . . . THREE Kid Icarus characters before a third Donkey Kong rep? Like, why?

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on August 20, 2014, 11:42:56 PMDropping Ice Climbers certainly sounds like a kick in the balls.
That's the biggest hole in the roster here, honestly. Hopefully if this leak is real, they'll be the first DLC characters. I can't imagine him having that many problems if he got DHG, Rosalina & Luma, and Olimar working fine, though.

Eddy

I could tell those pics were fake just by the placement of Yoshi on the character select screen. If everyone is grouped by their series why on earth would Yoshi, there representing his own game series, be sandwiched between Bowser and Rosalina, both of which are representing the Mario series? It just doesn't make any sense.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Rynnec

What I don't understand is, out of all the characters from Uprising to be included, why is Dark Pit getting the playable character treatment, while more interesting choices like Magnus or Phosphora get relegated to trophies?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rynnec on August 21, 2014, 11:02:10 PM
What I don't understand is, out of all the characters from Uprising to be included, why is Dark Pit getting the playable character treatment, while more interesting choices like Magnus or Phosphora get relegated to trophies?
Unless he's a clone and takes less resources. At the same time, he should just be an alternate costume/character for Pit if that's all he is.

Otherwise... *Shrug*

Spark Of Spirit