Super Smash Bros.

Started by Spark Of Spirit, April 28, 2012, 09:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

The composer list is also up, and it's looking mighty fine.

Spark Of Spirit

Hip Tanaka's involvement gives me hope I can finally see this theme referenced in another game. It's such a perfect Smash theme, too.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Spark Of Spirit

Apparently, this is part of the leak:

I gotta say, Ice Climbers being cut would be really bad unless they're DLC or something. I gotta say, Dr. Mario is a really dumb choice since he's basically an alternate costume. Unless he drops Fludd, I ain't interested.

All in all, the Bowser Jr./Koopaling idea is a really smart idea. Smarter than it was handled in Mario Kart 8, anyway.

Ice Climbers is a REALLY bad cut, though. I'm not sure if I can get by that.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Dark Pit getting in while Lucas, Ice Climbers, and Wolf get cut leaves me feeling sour. Out of all of Uprisings characters, they go with the most boring choice.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rynnec on August 25, 2014, 03:30:32 PM
Dark Pit getting in while Lucas, Ice Climbers, and Wolf get cut leaves me feeling sour. Out of all of Uprisings characters, they go with the most boring choice.
I honestly don't understand why he wouldn't be just an alternate for Pit. Seems like padding the roster to me. Same with Dr. Mario.

The cuts do hurt worse this time than they did in Brawl, though. Mewtwo, Roy, and Pichu are nothing compared to those three.

Spark Of Spirit

According to this:

They might still be in (bottom left corner), though who knows at this point? I just want as few cuts as possible.

LumRanmaYasha

I hope that's the case, since I think it'd be a shame for the Ice Climbers to be cut out. Especially in exchange for Dr. Mario and Dark Pit, who are pretty much wastes since they'd basically be clones and whatnot.

Spark Of Spirit

If true, this would be the final list:

Ice Climbers, Lucas, and Wolf, would have made it perfect for the fourth entry. As it is, it feels a little weird. I guess we'll see how it stacks up in the next few days.

Eddy

Considering Nintendo had the videos removed, it leads me to believe these leaks are real. They sure as hell LOOK real. Ice Climbers getting cut is absurd and upsetting so they better be DLC. Or still in the game if we don't have the full roster leaked.

For what it's worth, apparently Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are in the same boat as Lucina. As in, they were going to be alt costumes but they decided to tweak them just enough to make them their own playable character at the end. So they aren't stealing a spot from anybody or anything. Personally, I'm open to the return of Dr. Mario because I always used him over Mario in Melee. Dark Pit, however, just seems boring. Unlike Dr. Mario, who's at least wearing a different costume, Dark Pit is just a palette swap of Pit.

Kiddington

Yeesh, Ice Climbers is a bad cut; I can't believe they're gonna leave that entire series unrepresented in both games. And they brought Mewtwo back? Why? He was one of Melee's worst fighters.

Eddy

Quote from: Kiddington on August 26, 2014, 08:48:10 AM
Yeesh, Ice Climbers is a bad cut; I can't believe they're gonna leave that entire series unrepresented in both games. And they brought Mewtwo back? Why? He was one of Melee's worst fighters.
Because he was unique and lot of people like Mewtwo. There was really no reason he should have been removed from Brawl in the first place. I'm hoping Mewtwo is back.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Eddy on August 26, 2014, 10:47:28 AM
Quote from: Kiddington on August 26, 2014, 08:48:10 AM
Because he was unique and lot of people like Mewtwo. There was really no reason he should have been removed from Brawl in the first place. I'm hoping Mewtwo is back.
Pretty much. The only reason he didn't make it in last time was due to lack of time, same as Dixie. Besides, if he's not back then this game will have less playable Pokemon than Brawl. For their second most popular franchise, that's just ridiculous that it should lose reps.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Let's be honest here, Ice Climber is barely a franchise to begin with. Melee and the multiple rereleases it had on the GBA and the Virtual Console are the only things keeping it in the eyes of the public. Secondly, I thought you guys knew the Climbers were supposedly one of the big issues the team was having with the 3DS version.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/03/creating-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-3ds?page=2

Finally, there was a screenshot from the leaker a few days ago that showed All-Stars was still locked despite the giant leaked roster so there's still a chance some of the characters are still hidden away even from NoA employees.

Spark Of Spirit

I don't even use the Ice Climbers but I know people who do. Anyway, if they're not cut then I'm good. I've never been a fan of cutting characters with original movesets which is why I wasn't a fan of Mewtwo's Brawl cut. But being that we're basically guaranteed over 50 characters this time, it's very hard to complain.

The only question is will there be DLC. After the MK8 thing, I'm guessing there will be.