Super Smash Bros.

Started by Spark Of Spirit, April 28, 2012, 09:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Sweet! I want Alucard and Ryu in the most.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

A Street Fighter stage would be so good, especially if based on Ryu's iconic SF2 stage. Not to mention the music.

SF2 Ryu Theme
SF3 Ryu Theme
SF2 Ken Theme
SF2 Medley
SF3 Medley
SF Alpha Medley

So many great choices.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I'd kill for Funky Bay to be added.

Spark Of Spirit

I almost forgot the main Street Fighter II theme. Of course that would need to be there.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

So much to choose from.

gunswordfist

lol @ people complaining about Ryu "taking up a spot"...(and seriously wishing characters like Phoenix Wright was in instead. I'd love to see an "I OBJECT!" Super Smash or whatever the hell it is called but I won't entertain this more than that). Smash Bros. has almost every major 16 bit star in it now. Ryu Hayabusa and Simon are pretty much the last big ones left and I didn't see them get mentioned once. Edit: I meant 2D stars, not 16-bit :-[

Spark Of Spirit

Ryu is the face of the series that made Fighting Games into a viable genre including being responsible for Smash even existing. Plus he is in a lot of games on Nintendo's systems.

To say he has no place is showing a distinct lack of knowledge about the industry itself.

Though I am surprised with how tight Nintendo and Tecmo are that Ryu Hayabusa isn't in the game (yet). Though who knows what the fighter ballot results will say.

Rynnec

I don't want Ryu in because we already have a Capcom rep, and if we were to get another I'd rather it be Zero or Hiryu. Hayabusa would a much more interesting character to put in, IMO.

gunswordfist

I doubt Ryu being in this game affects others making the cut at all.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It kind of bums me out to see Ryu added as a playable Super Smash Bros. character without a "Hayabusa" attached to that name.

It would make so much sense, too, considering how much Team Ninja has been working with Nintendo over the past few years.

gunswordfist

Which is why I think it's only a matter of time.

Spark Of Spirit

If Ryu is in, it was because of some sort of deal Nintendo and Capcom made when Mega Man was first added. It has nothing to do with any other characters chances. That said, as far as Ryu Hayabusa goes, I think it's only a matter of time. The way Tecmo and Nintendo keep pairing up, he makes the most sense as an addition.

I'd say every company has an obvious rep to include:

Sega: Sonic
Capcom: Mega Man (Ryu is an undeniable icon, though)
Namco: Pac-Man
Konami: Simon Belmont
Square-Enix: Crono (The best character to appeal to both the Square and Enix sides)
Tecmo: Ryu Hayabusa
Hudson Soft: Bomberman
Platinum: Wonder Red (Bayonetta isn't Nintendo owned and a bit too M-rated for Smash)
Grasshopper: Travis Touchdown

And so on. Will they all get in? Probably not, but they are all pretty good choices.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Didn't Hudson get absorbed and then dissolved by Konami?

Spark Of Spirit

Yep. Which is the exact reason Bomberman will never be in the game.

Just thought I'd mention them, though.

Spark Of Spirit

Just thought I'd list my favorite new Smash Wii U tracks since I did it for 3DS.

1. Yoshi's Island (I do miss the Brawl remix, though)
2. Onett Theme / Winters Theme
3. Super Mario World Medley
4. Kapp'n's Song
5. Dark World / Dark World Dungeon
6. Light Plane (Vocal Mix)
7. Duck Hunt Medley (Especially the second half)
8. Yoshi's Woolly World
9. The Great Sea / Menu
10. Wii Sports Series Medley

I do wish there were more new tracks (DK got hosed) but what is new is pretty great here.