Started by Avaitor, May 03, 2012, 06:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Top 5 things about Iron Man 2-

1- Stan Lee being confused for Larry King
2- Tony Stark's dad being Walt Disney
3- The final fight scene
4- Don Cheadle is always pretty awesome
5- Scarlett Johansson's ass in leather (also applicable for Avengers)
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I did not like Black Widow in Iron Man 2 because she almost had no character and felt pretty irrelevant to the plot.

I watched The Avengers and found her to be quite interesting, and now I'm convinced that the director of Iron Man 2 just did a bad job portraying her character since she was pretty much just shoehorned into the movie to tie-in with The Avengers.

I liked Hawkeye as well, in The Avengers, and I wouldn't mind seeing them get their own film. I actually did hear somewhere that Marvel might make actually give SHIELD (or at least the main characters of SHIELD) their own film based on their popularity in The Avengers, or something to that effect. I also heard that whether there would be any new Hulk movies ever again depended on how well his character would be received in The Avengers. On that front, I think we can actually expect a new stand-alone Hulk movie with Mark Ruffalo, if what I heard was true.

Avaitor

Yeah, they announced a new Hulk to come out just before The Avengers came out over here. Hulk has been testing very well in the movie, and you can obviously see why.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I think that Thor had the most epic entrance in the entire movie. I screamed out when he appeared.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, I have to agree about Thor. The way they built up his entrance just forced a smirk on me (though, a ton of things in this movie forced me to smile). I don't want to spoil it to anyone, but I think my favorite thing about his entrance was a certain character's reaction to it. I won't say anymore than that. ;)

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Brak's Dad on May 05, 2012, 10:14:07 PM
Yeah, they announced a new Hulk to come out just before The Avengers came out over here. Hulk has been testing very well in the movie, and you can obviously see why.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I think that Thor had the most epic entrance in the entire movie. I screamed out when he appeared.
Haha, every entrance in the movie I heard people of all ages react to. The character introductions were handled really well for all of them.

Thor's was particularly amazing, though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I also gotta give props to Captain America's entrance (I don't mean his first appearance as Steve Rogers, but his "entrance" in his Captain America uniform). That was such a awesome moment while simultaneously feeling extremely genuine to the character (at least as I know him from the movies).

Avaitor

Oh, totally. Tony in Iron Man's suit was also great, since I wasn't expecting him to appear right then.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The other great thing about that moment is that it was the first time in the movie that we got to see 2 of the main heroes (in uniform) together in the same screen for the first time. I had to pause to take in the moment as soon as that realization hit me when the 2 of them acknowledge each other's presence:

"Mr. Stark"
"Captain"

Such a simple moment, yet so epic.

Avaitor

Man does it hold up the second time. Hawkeye is way more epic here than I initially thought, too.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I still don't get why people say that Hawkeye is underused in this film. I got just as much of a sense for his character as I did with Black Widow, and he certainly had plenty of bad-ass moments in the movie, or at least as much as Black Widow. I'm guessing it has something to do with a certain spoiler-related thing that involves him for the first 2 acts of the movie.

Spark Of Spirit

Hawkeye got exactly what he needed, in my opinion. He got to show off a lot without getting overbearing or in the way, and as a character got a surprising amount of screen time.

Actually, that's my biggest point for the movie. Pretty much every character, whether minor or major got some great action AND character moments. Which is quite amazing if you think about it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Lord Dalek

If I have any gripe about the film its Whedon's head scratching decision to use 1.78:1. Makes it look like a tv movie compared to the solo films.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Lord Dalek on May 06, 2012, 09:58:12 PM
If I have any gripe about the film its that Whedon's head scratching decision to use 1.78:1. Makes it look like a tv movie compared to the solo films.
Well, he's a TV director. Hard for old dogs to get used to new leashes.

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 06, 2012, 10:00:30 PM
If I have any gripe about the film its that Whedon's head scratching decision to use 1.78:1. Makes it look like a tv movie compared to the solo films.
Serenity was in Scope.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Lord Dalek on May 06, 2012, 10:01:07 PM
Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 06, 2012, 10:00:30 PM
Serenity was in Scope.
All right, then he has no excuse. :thinkin: