Quote from: gunswordfist on May 08, 2012, 12:38:07 AM
I want to see Gunstar Heroes 2.
You mean Gunstar Superheroes? :>
Shit, I meant to say 3. *shoots Foggle with brightly colored lazer*
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: Foggle on May 07, 2012, 11:51:18 AM
Quote from: gunswordfist on May 07, 2012, 09:57:52 AM
Does anyone still make good Metal Slug games, Foggle?
Metal Slug 7/XX was the best one since 3 and 6 was decent enough in its own right. I know a prequel named Metal Slug 0 was in production like 4 years ago but I think it got canceled.
Just looked it up. Metal Slug 0 (an online co-op-focused traditional MS game) was cancelled in favor of Metal Slug Online, a... terrible Korean-only top down shooter. :(

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on May 10, 2012, 01:27:40 AM
Quote from: Foggle on May 07, 2012, 11:51:18 AM
Quote from: gunswordfist on May 07, 2012, 09:57:52 AM
Does anyone still make good Metal Slug games, Foggle?
Metal Slug 7/XX was the best one since 3 and 6 was decent enough in its own right. I know a prequel named Metal Slug 0 was in production like 4 years ago but I think it got canceled.
Just looked it up. Metal Slug 0 (an online co-op-focused traditional MS game) was cancelled in favor of Metal Slug Online, a... terrible Korean-only top down shooter. :(
Why'd you tell me this? Now I'm going to have trouble going to sleep...Good night.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Predictions from Nintendo:

3DS

Zelda 3DS (with A Link To The Past 3D Classics announced)
Wario Land ("Surprise! VC Wario Land games are now up!")
Metroid (sidescroller)
Donkey Kong Country Returns 2
Yoshi's Island (Goodfeel has been rumored to be on this for a long time)
A new e-shop game or two
as well as demos of Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion 2, and NSMB 2 on the show floor to be released before years end

Wii U

Super Mario Bros.
Retro's new game
Excitebots follow up/new F-Zero from Monster Games
Launch game from Next Level Games
Super Smash Bros. 4 (TEASER)
Next 3D Super Mario (TEASER)
demos of Pikmin 3 and other launch games on the show floor
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 17, 2012, 05:03:06 PM
3DS

Why?

Also, it's too early for Zelda 3DS to show. The handheld team was helping with SS, so they've probably only just started months ago.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

- Gaben makes another surprise appearance and announces cross compatibility of Steam with the 360 and /or WiiU. People bitch that its not Episode 3.
- Square-Enix shows off another teaser for Versus X-III, game still in development. People bitch that its delaying Kingdom Hearts 3
- We get a short Pikmin 3 teaser, scheduled to be release early next year. Ends up getting delayed till next Christmas.
- New Star Fox by Retro Studios. Plays like a cross between Ace Combat and 64. No release date because its nowhere near finished
- Jacob Pachter gets interviewed afterwards and talks out of his ass as usual.
- Tim Schafer makes a public appearance for a Q&A about Double Fine Adventure. Shit goes down because of that misleading alpha trailer.
- EA's conference is private and closed off to everyone but specific journalist websites. Massive damage control as they roll out some more info on Bioware's Command & Conquer.
- Vita gets pushed extremely hard. Unfortunately, Sony still doesn't realize people don't want portable console games.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 17, 2012, 06:37:15 PM
3DS

Why?

Also, it's too early for Zelda 3DS to show. The handheld team was helping with SS, so they've probably only just started months ago.
How is it too early for Zelda 3DS? There will be three different games on the system with "Mario" in the title by years end. There hasn't been a handheld Zelda in around 2/3 years. We're about due for a teaser trailer/title at the very least..

As for DKCR, it's been heavily rumored since the first game that a 3DS sequel was in development. NST grabbing Yasuhara (Mr. Sonic The Hedgehog himself) would indicate that seriousness well. It doesn't mean it will be 3DS, but NST mainly does portable stuff, so that's what I'll go with.

Anyway, they're just guesses.  ;)

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on May 17, 2012, 07:01:14 PM- Square-Enix shows off another teaser for Versus X-III, game still in development. People bitch that its delaying Kingdom Hearts 3
Square confirmed that Versus XIII won't be there. Making this probably the longest lasting vaporware this generation.

Quote- Vita gets pushed extremely hard. Unfortunately, Sony still doesn't realize people don't want portable console games.
If they learned anything, they will push Vita. They never once pushed the PSP at E3 even when it needed it. The Vita needs it a lot more than the PSP ever did.

Kiddington

If this happens...  :happytime:

A proper sequel that finally does the series justice... hasn't this seemingly been in the works for 15 years now? Really, it should have been Yoshi's Island DS; not sure how they messed that one up so badly (not a terrible game, but... that soundtrack, UGH, that soundtrack...).

God willing that they do it right this time. Please, none of the childish aspects that bogged down Story and YIDS. Just give me a solid, no-frills platformer (like Island was), and I'll be good.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Kiddington on May 17, 2012, 07:27:58 PM

If this happens...  :happytime:

A proper sequel that finally does the series justice... hasn't this seemingly been in the works for 15 years now? Really, it should have been Yoshi's Island DS; not sure how they messed that one up so badly (not a terrible game, but... that soundtrack, UGH, that soundtrack...).

God willing that they do it right this time. Please, none of the childish aspects that bogged down Story and YIDS. Just give me a solid, no-frills platformer (like Island was), and I'll be good.
Honestly, I would really like a 3D Yoshi game that controls like Yoshi does in Galaxy 2 only with eggs.

Goodfeel hasn't made anything since Kirby's Epic Yarn, and a specific rumor site had a whole bunch of Nintendo-related rumors come true in the last year except this one that they were working on a new Yoshi's Island. And honestly, if you think about it, what else would they be working on?

I'm actually replaying YIDS after beating YI 100% and the games are different beasts. The original is more of an action game and the DS one is more puzzle-y and slower paced. The only thing I don't like about the DS game is that it's less cartoony and quite a bit stiffer. Part of what I like about the original is how everything stretches and bounces, and in the second one it seems more generic. Also, there's the music which is pretty flippin' bad. This track is the only thing that approaches the original in any way.

It's a pretty good game, but it's not really a sequel as it is basically a different approach to the original's ideas. Yet it's still way better than Yoshi Story.

That said, looking at Shake It and Epic Yarn, both of which are very cartoony and feature extra stuff in levels to 100% it, Goodfeel is the perfect choice.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 17, 2012, 07:19:24 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 17, 2012, 06:37:15 PM
3DS

Why?

How is it too early for Zelda 3DS? There will be three different games on the system with "Mario" in the title by years end. There hasn't been a handheld Zelda in around 2/3 years. We're about due for a teaser trailer/title at the very least..

Refer to the second part of my post. :P

Spark Of Spirit

So on NeoGAF one of the good posters (natch) with sources has indicated the following game will be announced for localization at E3:

It is for the 3DS

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I thought that was Parappa for a second. Now I'm sad.

Eddy

Konami E3 2011: