E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) 2012

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 04, 2012, 06:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 03, 2012, 06:30:22 PM

Jesus christ, I better have the option of disabling that. So much clutter on the world map, what the fuck Nintendo.

Spark Of Spirit

You can, IIRC. The tips and comments are optional.

I wish they had a better shot of that, though. It looks so much like world 5 from SMB3 from what I saw.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 03, 2012, 09:45:28 PM

I wish they had a better shot of that, though. It looks so much like world 5 from SMB3 from what I saw.

Oh, that's the one you were talking about?

Eh, it kinda looks like it I guess, but it's too hard to tell with all the comment bubbles in the way. We need a better shot, yeah.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Kiddington on June 03, 2012, 11:54:19 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 03, 2012, 09:45:28 PM

Oh, that's the one you were talking about?

Eh, it kinda looks like it I guess, but it's too hard to tell with all the comment bubbles in the way. We need a better shot, yeah.
There's a better shot of the map in here

You can see the ridge along the ocean and the mountains on the sides instead of the top and bottom like World 5, and at the veerrrry tip you can sort of see what looks like spiraling staircase in the top right of the map... That might be a stretch, but I saw a lot of similarities.

Anyway, I'm eager to see what EA and Ubisoft will show for the system tomorrow at their conferences. I'm hoping to see some proper Rayman Legends footage, too.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 03, 2012, 05:58:31 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 03, 2012, 05:32:51 PM
Better stick placement, though.  ;D

Is it really? I'm fine with the stick-placement on the XBOX360. Having them parallel to each other makes it look neater, but something about the way they were precisely placed on the XBOX360 controller feels more practical to me, as its much more comfortable to control than say, the analogue sticks on the PS3 controller. That may just be my own preference, though, and either way its not a big deal.
The bog-standard PlayStation controller is my favorite, closely followed by the Xbox 360 one. As for the Wii U controller(s), I really don't like that they have the right stick placed above the face buttons. I just can't see that working out well for me.

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 03, 2012, 06:07:52 PM
The off-center sticks aren't as appealing to look at, but they feel much more practical and control much smoother for playing most modern 3D games in general.
To each his own. I feel much more in control with the PlayStation analog sticks than I do with the Xbox and GameCube/Wii ones.

Spark Of Spirit

So far the MS press conference is going exactly how I expected.

Halo 4, Splinter Cell, then I'm guessing a third core game, then most likely going into Kinect and features for the rest of the show.

Spark Of Spirit

So while the Microsoft conference does the EXACT SAME THING it did the last three years (without CoD, cryptically), there was this announcement:

Code Of Princess localization:

I hope it's better than Guardian Heroes. That game is really not all that fun.

Spark Of Spirit

Tomb Raider at the MS conference: Cutscene - Uncharted gameplay - cutscene - Uncharted gameplay - 5 minutes of cutscenes featuring Lara screaming and moaning (ugh) - Ending with another cutscene.

This is... pretty lame.

Daxdiv

But what about that fitness game, huh? We gamers got to get fit. Right? RIGHT?

Spark Of Spirit

Resident Evil 6 looks like Resident Evil 5.

And yes, this is Leon gameplay I'm talking about. Gotta love all the QTEs, too.

Rynnec

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 04, 2012, 12:28:10 PM
Tomb Raider at the MS conference: Cutscene - Uncharted gameplay - cutscene - Uncharted gameplay - 5 minutes of cutscenes featuring Lara screaming and moaning (ugh) - Ending with another cutscene.

This is... pretty lame.

This is probably the first time a mainstream blockbuster title has ever catered to the ryona fetishists.

Daxdiv

You got to admit, I do enjoy Trey and Matt sense of humor. I just love that stinger they made about Microsoft's press conference.

Spark Of Spirit

The South Park game looks decent enough.

But this Usher performance for Dance Central 3...

This conference is a mess.

Spark Of Spirit

They're CLOSING with CoD!?

Not much of a difference.

Daxdiv

I legit laughed at the Dance Central 3 segment. I am going to wait to see if there will be a gif of it soon so I can remember it forever.