E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) 2012

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 04, 2012, 06:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

No megatons at all.

Microsoft fails once again at conferences.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 04, 2012, 11:44:43 AM
Splinter Cell
How's it look?

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 04, 2012, 12:36:26 PM
Resident Evil 6 looks like Resident Evil 5.

And yes, this is Leon gameplay I'm talking about. Gotta love all the QTEs, too.
Do you mean that it looks like a TPS, or like a shitty TPS? That is a very important distinction to make.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on June 04, 2012, 01:46:38 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 04, 2012, 11:44:43 AM
Splinter Cell
How's it look?
Hard to tell. It didn't look too scripted, but I'm guessing we'll get a better look at Ubisoft's conference.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 04, 2012, 12:36:26 PM
Resident Evil 6 looks like Resident Evil 5.

And yes, this is Leon gameplay I'm talking about. Gotta love all the QTEs, too.
Do you mean that it looks like a TPS, or like a shitty TPS? That is a very important distinction to make.
Every single zombie Leon ran by had a quick time event option. Sort of like Gears, but it didn't look situational. It almost looked like he didn't have to shoot any of them. It basically reminded me of an action heavy RE5.

The second half of the demo was in a helicopter flying through the city and you had QTE after QTE to stay alive.

The whole game could be different, but that demo was not highlighting anything particularly impressive.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 04, 2012, 01:52:46 PM
Sort of like Gears, but it didn't look situational. It almost looked like he didn't have to shoot any of them. It basically reminded me of an action heavy RE5.
Watching it now. The first part looks pretty good IMO. Those QTEs work exactly like they do in RE 4, btw. You stun lock the enemies and then press a context sensitive button to melee.

This looks much more like 4 than 5. I'm not impressed, really, but I think this will still be a fun game. It's already a million times better than 5.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on June 04, 2012, 01:56:02 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 04, 2012, 01:52:46 PM
Sort of like Gears, but it didn't look situational. It almost looked like he didn't have to shoot any of them. It basically reminded me of an action heavy RE5.
Watching it now. The first part looks pretty good IMO. Those QTEs work exactly like they do in RE 4, btw. You stun lock the enemies and then press a context sensitive button to melee.

This looks much more like 4 than 5. I'm not impressed, really, but I think this will still be a fun game. It's already a million times better than 5.
Did you notice the part where he was running down the street and the prompt popped up past every zonbie he ran by? That's what worried me, not the first part.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 04, 2012, 01:58:41 PM
Did you notice the part where he was running down the street and the prompt popped up past every zonbie he ran by? That's what worried me, not the first part.
Hmm... no. I'll need to rewatch it later. :srs:

What worries me most is the end of that trailer. "Downloadable content first on Xbox 360." Does this mean that the level I just watched was DLC or something?

Spark Of Spirit

EA in an hour. I'll only be watching for hopefully Wii-U info, Mirror's Edge 2, and a new Road Rash.

I probably won't get any of that, but why not be hopeful anyway?

Quote from: Foggle on June 04, 2012, 02:02:03 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 04, 2012, 01:58:41 PM
Hmm... no. I'll need to rewatch it later. :srs:

What worries me most is the end of that trailer. "Downloadable content first on Xbox 360." Does this mean that the level I just watched was DLC or something?
It's probably raid mode or a mercenaries thing, I'd wager. Capcom and all.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Microsoft's conference was exactly the same as the one from last year, which was just a repeat of the year before.

Jesus christ, I feel sorry for anyone with a 360.

Spark Of Spirit

EA starts off strong with Dead Space 3... and a live co-op demo.

Peanutbutter

When is Nintendo's conference? And it's on Spike, right?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Peanutbutter on June 04, 2012, 03:21:34 PM
When is Nintendo's conference? And it's on Spike, right?
Noon tomorrow on the east coast. And yes, it's on Spike.

G4 only has Ubisoft and Sony, everything else is on Spike.

So far, the EA conference is boring. SHOW SOMETHING NEW.

gunswordfist

Goddammit, I don't have Spike. Just preview G4. I wish I could have seen more than just a clip of Splinter Cell.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

So EA has boring shooters, sports games, and a new Need For Speed (but of course no Road Rash)...

Didn't I see this conference last year? And the year before?

Spark Of Spirit

Looks like Ubisoft is starting off with Just Dance...

Man, just get to Rayman and Wii-U stuff already. This conference is gonna be painful. :/

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody