E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) 2012

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 04, 2012, 06:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on June 04, 2012, 05:49:28 PM
Wait, Wii-U has more than four controller ports?

And there should at least be a PC version. You can jam 10 gamepads in that thang if you want.
I don't know how many it can hold, but he specifically said it will be 5 players so I assume it's more than 4.

As for PC, it's Ubisoft. They do things like this all the time.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Nothing like tree climbing. Don't know how those branches support his weight though.

Someone please shut these two up. :burn:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Oh shit, Ali. I was actually hoping she'd be there.

Spark Of Spirit

Other than Rayman Legends, this has been a total bust.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I hope they show the next Rainbow Six.

gunswordfist

Seems kind of like Splinter Cell Conviction was going to be like.

Spark Of Spirit

This gen is totally running on fumes.

There's been nothing PS360 related shown so far that looks remotely different from the usual onslaught of movie games, Microsoft is clearly in "we don't care" mode, and Sony's conference will mostly be more of the same. But we'll see for sure in a little bit.

These hosts are everything I don't like about current gaming audiences.

gunswordfist

Those hosts were awful. :D They should just get Michel Ancel to do next year's.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Just got finished watching an archived stream of Microsoft's press conference since I was working at the hospital today and couldn't view it live.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

Basically everything they showed off was a movie game (if it wasn't some pointless Kinect crap), and I mean EVERYTHING. Yeah, to be fair there are a lot of games that aren't nearly as scripted as they seem but they only choose to show off highly scripted parts because it makes for a better "presentation" of sorts, but honestly what has the mind-set of modern gaming come to that they want to see that? Remember when having more freedom was an awesome thing in games. Every game I saw displayed at that conference seems like its dead-set on having you play it exactly one way only, and that just puts me to sleep. I swear, if I find that game journalists end up praising any of this shit, I'll lose my faith in modern gaming entirely.

I expected Halo 4 to succumb to the movie game syndrome (which it did, because Microsoft is obviously pushing for the CoD crowd like so many others), but I was disappointed to see how heavily scripted that RE6 demo was. To be fair, I at least have faith in that game to not be as scripted as that demo made it seem. I have a feeling that they only did that to make a really cool looking presentation, and that most of Leon's campaign mode will feature more traditional horror elements and a creepy atmosphere.

Overall, though, I think its safe to say that if I ever get a next-gen console, I'm going Nintendo all the way. Microsoft has completely lost my interest (and Sony lost my interest years ago).

Spark Of Spirit

Sony's plants are always irritating.

Also according to Jack Treton, Solid Snake debuted on the PlayStation. The industry is retroactively trying to erase its past.

Spark Of Spirit

Heavy Rain + Ellen Page = Beyond

...yay.

gunswordfist

I'm sure Foggle would love the Beyond presentation. Now they just got to show off Little BigPlanet 3, Naughty Dog doing a zombie game and Insomniac ditching Overstrike to do a Cloverfield game.

Spark Of Spirit

Sony Smash introduces Big Daddy to the rave applause of the Sony plants.

I can't be the only one completely unimpressed by this game? It's watered down Smash Bros.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 04, 2012, 08:20:34 PM
Heavy Rain + Ellen Page = Beyond

...yay.
Quote from: gunswordfist on June 04, 2012, 08:23:53 PM
I'm sure Foggle would love the Beyond presentation.
Oh lord. Please elaborate further. :whuh:

Spark Of Spirit

Oh look, more console games on the Vita. Does anyone really care?

Put actual handheld games on the freaking thing.