E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) 2012

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 04, 2012, 06:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 05, 2012, 02:22:12 PM
Foggle mentioned Madworld, but the enemies there are trying to tear YOU apart as well.
I don't mind ultraviolence (and the immature side of me loves it!) as long as it's not disturbing like it is in NG 3. As a side note, MadWorld as a whole is a parody of American pop culture, I believe.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I dunno about Last Of Us as a whole, Uncharted 4 with a bigger inventory and more gore doesn't do anything for me, but the biggest cheers being for completely scripted sequences based on tasteless violence is pretty opposite to the reason I even started playing them.

You see that part I bolded? THAT'S my problem with modern gamers' reaction to stuff. It has nothing to do with the gore or violence. Its that they are cheering more for uninspired sequences that take control AWAY from the player instead of letting them play things out the way that they want to. I remember when games giving you more freedom was something that everybody wanted. Now it seems like people just want to have their hands held the entire way through a gaming experience.

QuoteFoggle mentioned Madworld, but the enemies there are trying to tear YOU apart as well. But on the other hand, what did that elephant do to Kratos?  :P (I'm being sort of facetious now)

Maybe I watched a different demo or something, but I thought you were referring to that enemy with an elephant-like head that Kratos tears off in the demo. Either that or I was drunk when I watched that demo....which admittedly is entirely possible, I don't really remember. :D

QuoteANYWAY....I just want to see more games announced.

Amen to that! :thumbup:

Spark Of Spirit

Paper Mario Sticker Star involves exploring for stickers in the world that you can use as weapons against your enemies. It looks like a neat twist on the old style formula, and I hope to see it at the 3DS conference tomorrow night.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on June 05, 2012, 02:25:38 PM
Foggle mentioned Madworld, but the enemies there are trying to tear YOU apart as well.
I don't mind ultraviolence (and the immature side of me loves it!) as long as it's not disturbing like it is in NG 3. As a side note, MadWorld as a whole is a parody of American pop culture, I believe.

Honestly I never found the violence in NG3 to be disturbing. There wasn't actually any "gore" per-say (it was only just blood that you saw), and the SoB mechanic only made the sound of cutting through bone, rather than actually visually showing it.

What I hated about the SoB mechanic was that it completely fucked up the combat system and killed any sense of depth that the game could have had. It was also random and out of your control. And the reason I hated NG3 had nothing to do with the gore. I hate it because its a lazily designed, repetitive, uninspired mess that is not worthy of being called a Ninja Gaiden game. It actively strips away almost everything from the previous NG games and replaces them with almost nothing (and the little that it does replace it with is garbage). The violence was the least of my issues with that piece of shit.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 05, 2012, 02:27:59 PM

Paper Mario Sticker Star involves exploring for stickers in the world that you can use as weapons against your enemies. It looks like a neat twist on the old style formula, and I hope to see it at the 3DS conference tomorrow night.

I still need to get a 3DS, but I think that after this year's E3 there will be enough good games already on it combined with great ones to look forward to in order to justify my purchase of the device. That said I'll probably just save up for it and get it around Christmas time as a present to myself. ;D

Foggle

I don't mean SoB (though it is kind of gross), I mean the enemies that crawl away from you and beg for their lives.

The violence is indeed the least of my problems with the game as a whole, though.

Spark Of Spirit

This tank (Or TANK TANK TANK) game from Namco looks cool. It's apparently a port of a 2009 ARCADE GAME that's supposed to be really cool from what I've heard.

Info:

SYSTEM: Wii U
GENRE: Battle Party Game (Action / Party)
RELEASE: Wii U Launch

DEVELOPER:NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc.
PLAYERS:1-4 players
RATING: RP

The ultimate multiplayer experience for the Wii U!
TANK! TANK! TANK! is an over-the-top battle party game where players will feel the thrill of driving and shooting with
tanks. With support for up to 4 players, family and friends can battle giant monsters or compete in Free-for-All and
Team Versus modes. An exciting story mission mode allows you to level up your tanks while battling a variety of giant
enemies. Wii U specific features make TANK! TANK! TANK! the best battle party game for the whole family!

? Co-Op and Versus Modes ? Play with or against your family and friends in cooperative or competitive modes.
? Over the Top Multiplayer ? Battle giant monsters, shoot powerful weapons and destroy buildings with up to 4 players.
? Kong Mode ? Put your picture on the face of Kong and become the enemy. Use the new controller to control Kong and
battle your friends!
? Story Mission Mode ? Not in a mood to play with others? Fight against giant enemies exclusive for story mission mode
and level up your tanks! You can also unlock new tanks by clearing specific missions.
? Say Cheese! ? Take a picture with the Wii U camera and dress up your avatar with helmets, masks, and more!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Interesting....I didn't even know that arcades existed anymore, let alone that they were still making new games for them.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 05, 2012, 02:39:16 PM
Interesting....I didn't even know that arcades existed anymore, let alone that they were still making new games for them.
They're still quite popular in Japan.

Spark Of Spirit

It's like EDF and Mario Kart had a baby.

That will be my launch game with Mario and Rayman.

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 05, 2012, 02:33:33 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 05, 2012, 02:27:59 PM

I still need to get a 3DS, but I think that after this year's E3 there will be enough good games already on it combined with great ones to look forward to in order to justify my purchase of the device. That said I'll probably just save up for it and get it around Christmas time as a present to myself. ;D
Paper Mario, Luigi Mansion, Epic Mickey... Plus the upcoming 3DS conference looks great.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on June 05, 2012, 02:40:07 PM
Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 05, 2012, 02:39:16 PM
They're still quite popular in Japan.
Yep:

EDIT: E3 trailer looks explosive

Rynnec

That Tank game reminds me of the Battletanx games for the N64.

Spark Of Spirit

^OH YEAH Battletanx, too. I'm just glad Wii-U is getting arcade games. I was thinking they'd be dead by then.

P-100 SpikeTV Gameplay, give this a look.

Foggle

That was amazing! Far better than the trailer. Very excited now! :joy: