Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

i have not enjoyed a saiyan saga episode this much in a long time. I love watching krillin work with gohan. Gohan/krillin/piccolo is probably my favorite team in the show.

Also, you got to love Nappa's lines. "I HATE THE MEDIA!!!" *eye beam bombs everyone* "FIVE-FIVE THOUSAND?!!!" "Hey, you'd smell too if you spent a year in a space pod!"

I think I like him more after today.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

DBZ Kai is now getting an extra slot on [adult swim]. It will now also air saturdays at 8pm, which will be a rerun of last week's episode and not be considered a part of Toonami.

Well this is strange. If they wanted to give Kai another slot why not just give it 11:30? Or, if they just wanted to make up for their poor ratings in the 8pm hour, why not just give Toonami that entire hour on Saturdays instead of just Kai? Maybe that could happen if Kai gets successful ratings there.

gunswordfist

oh whoa, i really loved how the attack that killed piccolo looked. i forgot all about piccolo's last words. that was sad. so was goku coming back only to see half his friends dead. vegeta wasn't that loud when he said over 8000. i would know, i turned my tv up loud just for that part. lol and the vegeta fight is up next. so far i am liking the arc and characters better than even nostalgia has me remembering.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Personally, it's still my favorite DBZ arc. I love how Goku,  Gohan, and Krillin have to work together to stop Vegeta, rather than just a traditional one-on-one fight.

gunswordfist

i am starting to see why.

also, i have to get used to goku cussing. besides a few youtube clips, that has been the first time i've seen dbz uncut.

Daikun

An official Toonami podcast is coming.

QuoteGill & I are putting together a one hour Livestream weekly Toonami show. We need your help, too!

It will be about an hour long, and we'll have one new episode every week. We'll talk anime, video games, cons, do interviews, and more.

More info is provided on the Tumblr.

EDIT: Watch it here.

gunswordfist

I have been really liking One Piece. I almost never laugh at anime and the recently aired episodes have been making me laugh on a decent basis with their combination of wackiness and slapstick comedy/action. I'm also really liking the square guy, the wolf guy that keeps laughing at him and the Kabuki guy.

LumRanmaYasha

One Piece will now re-run at 8:30pm on saturdays, after DBZ Kai.

Wow, I was not expecting that. I'd be curious to see whether those reruns do better there than the premiere do in late-nights.

Peanutbutter

Please be a sign they're putting Toonami back at where it was before it left. I haven't been able to keep with Toonami because I've been trying to get back to church, plus a lot more people would be able to watch it anyway.

LumRanmaYasha

This is just an experiment for now, but if it goes well they might consider moving the block into earlier hours.

gunswordfist

Oh nice, right after my post! This benefits me, even though I'll stop watching to marathon the entire (non-filler) series eventually.

LumRanmaYasha

I suggest reading through the manga rather than marathoning through the anime, myself. You'll get through it quicker and it's just a much better experience overall.

gunswordfist

No, dammit. I saw you saying that coming. lol :D Anyway, it's easier to just bum off my brother's crunchyroll app then to read the books.

Peanutbutter

I hope the experiment is successful. The ratings depleted pretty hard to the point that AS shaved off the latter half of the schedule. A lot of people do their partying on Friday nights, not Saturdays. Filling up the earlier slots on Saturdays now that AS is earlier should lead to good results.

gunswordfist

I didn't know (...or hell, forgot, idk) that their rating were sinking.