Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

One Punch Man and JoJo? All it's missing is Blood Blockade Battlefront and Ushio & Tora for recent awesome action shows.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

And My Hero Academia.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Can... can we just drop Shippuden and find room for all of them?

Also, is this going to replace OPM? I thought Jack would, myself. Unless they're getting 11 pm.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

VLordGTZ

Quote from: Avaitor on July 21, 2016, 11:27:27 PM
I thought it was too expensive, though?
I believe when they attempted to get it before, they had to deal with Warner Bros' prices.  Since the JJBA license is now with Viz, they were probably able to buy it at a more reasonable cost.

My guess is that JoJo will replace OPM when it ends.  I wouldn't be surprised if Toonami will expand to 11pm for Jack, but, if not, Jack will probably be at 11:30pm and everything else will be moved down a slot once Parasyte re-runs end. 

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Damn, Toonami is really improving its line-up. As much as I'd like to see stuff like Ushio and Tora, Tiger and Bunny, My Hero Academia, and various other action-oriented anime on there, I certainly won't be greedy. The fact that we are getting two of the biggest Shonen Jump anime from this decade, both of which had been largely ignored in the West for years (HXH and JoJo's), within the same year is beyond awesome.

Dr. Insomniac

VLordGTZ

It's funny that only a few years ago, people thought the chances of HxH and JoJo getting licensed were very slim. Now, they both have dubs and are going to be on US television.  Times sure have changed.

I still think Ushio & Tora has a pretty good shot of making it on the block either this year or next since it's one of the more demanded shows from Sentai.  Lupin III Pt. IV is also a possibility, though it's anyone's guess how far along TMS and Epcar are with the dub.

gunswordfist

I might get cable if Ushio & Tora happens.

Spark Of Spirit

Ushio & Tora is probably going to be pushed hard by Sentai since it's getting a dub. I think it's their current most likely show to be aired on TV.

BBB is sort of weird because you'd think "From the creator of Trigun and the studio behind Full Metal Alchemist" would get people interested. It's also not that long, too.

My Hero Academia I'm betting will come after the second season. The more episodes, the more they can run.

Tiger & Bunny, well, I'm just plain not sure on that one. It's superheroes. It's got a built in fanbase. It's got a great dub. I would have to imagine they just haven't had the opportunity to air it yet.

There are some good shows for Toonami out there. It's good to see they're finally dipping into them with OPM and JoJo.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Toonami's really been no a roll since they've picked up Parasyte, IMO.

Besides everything mentioned recently, I'm excited for the possibility of them getting DB Super. I'm sure it'll happen, but not until they're done with Kai, so we'll just have to wait. And it's still a bit of a dream for them to air FMP so they can get the new series, but that one might be a tougher sell for them.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

They'd be smart to milk this renewed interest in DB.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Wasn't it also confirmed that FUNi is working on a dub for Super, recently?

The only issue with DBS is that it would take roughly half a year to get to anything new for people who have already seen the movies.

VLordGTZ

Funi hasn't confirmed anything regarding licensing and dubbing Super, but Jason Douglas posted a picture of himself on Instagram a few days ago recording a Beerus scene from Super. 

gunswordfist

...keep on forgetting that DB anything doesn't start out with the dub. Damn you, childhood. Damn you..

Daikun