Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VLordGTZ

Quote from: LumRanmaYasha on April 03, 2017, 03:46:14 PM
Attack on Titan season 2 will be premiering on April 22nd at 12:30, one week earlier than previously announced. JoJo's will be doubled up on the 15th to facilitate this.
4/15 Line Up
11:00p – Samurai Jack
11:30p - Dragon Ball Super
12:00a – Sand Whale and Me Finale!
12:05a - Dragon Ball Kai
12:30a – JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
01:00a – JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
01:30a – Hunter x Hunter
02:00a – Gundam Unicorn
02:30a – Naruto Shippuden
03:00a – GITS: SAC

4/22 Line Up
11:00p – Samurai Jack
11:30p - Dragon Ball Super
12:00a - Dragon Ball Kai
12:30a – Attack on Titan Season 2 Premiere!
01:00a – Tokyo Ghoul
01:30a – Hunter x Hunter
02:00a – Gundam Unicorn
02:30a – Naruto Shippuden
03:00a – GITS: SAC
I guess they wanted to get AoT Season 2 on the block as soon as possible.  I'm a bit surprised that it's only getting 12:30, though I guess they didn't want to shift stuff around for only 12 weeks.

Dreamer2

I find it both weird and funny that AoT will be after Kai. Guess they really wanted to keep that hour of Dragon Ball together. Part of me thought they might move the DB hour to 12-1. But, I guess not.

Avaitor

How did AOT's first season do in comparison to how Super and Kai have been doing?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on April 03, 2017, 04:16:26 PMHow did AOT's first season do in comparison to how Super and Kai have been doing?

The first season of AoT often did in the 1.0-1.4 million viewer range. Here are the ratings from Toonami Faithful's forum.

Dreamer2

DeMarco said on his ask that Stardust Crusaders is "likely" to come after AoT finishes. Not full on confirmation, but I guess it's a big possibility.

Honestly, I kind of hope it doesn't, but it's still a few months away.

Lord Dalek

Build Fighters has no place on Toonami. Especially with a Hong Kong dub.

Avaitor

Wow, they just aired an old video game review of Moltar's.

Do they do this often?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dreamer2

They have the last few weeks. In celebration of the anniversary most likely.

And now they just aired an old Robotech commercial.

Avaitor

Makes sense.

That Robotech ad not only reminds me of how great they used to be at pumping us up for shows, but also want to rewatch Macross.

New blog!

Daikun

It's speculation time!

Voice actor Tara Sands has been leaving a few interesting Tweets over the past week.

This Tweet hints at something that is five months away and is coming to Toonami. Tokyo Ghoul is expected to end in September, so it's likely that show's replacement.

This later Tweet says she'll be in two shows, and this one vaguely says "a few months" instead of five. One of the responses suggested Gundam Thunderbolt, and she revealed that she voiced Karla in that series.

Unicorn is expected to end in June, so if the evidence matches up, Thunderbolt might be next.

VLordGTZ

I'm sort of doubtful that Thunderbolt will be showing up on the block.  The first season is only 4 eps long with each being roughly 18 mins in length, and Sunrise only dubbed the film version December Sky.  It's simply too short for them to air.

Lord Dalek

They're just going to air Iron Blooded Orphans 2 and then probably bury Gundam for a while. Outside of sloppy seconds in the shape of 00 there's nothing left to air.

Avaitor

My local comic book shop will be doing Toonami trivia soon, and I'm going to help write questions for it.

They're doing two separate events, the first involving shows from 1997-2007, the other from 2012 on. We're aiming for one question per show, and probably a couple of Gundam and DB questions, as well as some stuff about TOM, the Intruder, etc. I intend to come up with two questions per as many shows as I can, and they can choose which one to take.

I realize, though, that I'm better to help for some series rather than others. Both games will have One Piece stuff, but I don't really know the arcs that were present during each period, so I won't be much help there. If someone would like to help me with that, that would be great.

New blog!

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on April 13, 2017, 11:14:17 AMBoth games will have One Piece stuff, but I don't really know the arcs that were present during each period, so I won't be much help there. If someone would like to help me with that, that would be great.

Old Toonami arcs:
Romance Dawn
Orange Town
Syrup Village
Baratie
Arlong Park
Loguetown
Reverse Mountain (minus Laboon)
Whiskey Peak (Misty Peak in 4Kids' dub)
Drum Island
Alabasta
Rainbow Mist (4Kids' dub ends here)
Jaya
Skypiea (unfinished due to Toonami removing it from the schedule)

New Toonami arcs:
Long Ring Long Land
Ocean's Dream
Foxy's Return
Water 7
Enies Lobby
Post-Enies Lobby
Lovely Land
Thriller Bark
Spa Island

EDIT: Might as well include this...

Skipped arcs (mostly "thanks" to 4Kids):
Buggy Side Story
Warship Island
Coby and Helmeppo (2-episode side story)
Little Garden
Post-Alabasta
Goat Island
G-8 (this last one wasn't due to 4Kids; Toonami just wanted to skip ahead to season 4)

Avaitor

So is Jaya the first Funi arc that Toonami aired?

New blog!