Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

I'm also enjoying this trend of picking up popular non-shounen anime. And with how surprisingly fun Ninja Kamui is I've actually been paying attention and watching the shows on the block for the first time in ages. Not sure how long this'll last, but I'll savor it.

Avaitor

Ninja Kamui is a pretty basic violent revenge story, but it's fun and better made than any of their other originals, so it gets a thumbs up from me for now too.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Rynnec

Guess having 3 good shows and premieres on the block for more than a couple weeks was too much.

Ah well, it was nice while it lasted.

Avaitor

I'm not surprised, they're probably trying to save their money for the new season of MHA.

Ah well, I'm still enjoying Ninja Kamui and I like Lycoris aside from the odd bit of fanservice. Zom 100 is okay so far, too.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

I'm fine with OP getting hour-long blocks. It'll help us get through Dressrosa faster.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Daikun on April 12, 2024, 07:38:21 PMI'm fine with OP getting hour-long blocks. It'll help us get through Dressrosa faster.

Honestly, it's stuff like this that makes me grateful for One Pace. Even that version dragged in some parts but I legitimately cannot understand how anybody could manage to get through the unedited version in the actual broadcast release. The pacing was so bad that it actually makes original Dragon Ball Z's pacing look slick by comparson, no exaggeration. The funny thing is that when I went through it again, I do feel like Dressrosa has a genuinely great story in there with one of the series' best villains, but it really is one of the few cases where it would have probably benefited Oda to be reined in by one of his editors more. I feel like the same story could have been told and potentially worked even better with a good 20-25% of excess trimmed out of it (and I don't often feel that way about One Piece arcs).

Dr. Insomniac

I checked how behind the One Piece airings are with the Japanese airings, and it's almost a decade. Even doubling up and keeping it up for the long-term would mean years before they get close to each other.