Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

LumRanmaYasha

IGPX is only being doubled up for one week, on the 19th. The 26th is when the new schedule in put in place:

12:00 Bleach
12:30 Naruto
1:00 One Piece
1:30 Soul Eater
2:00 Sword Art Online
2:30 FLCL
3:00 Star Wars: The Clone Wars
3:30 Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
4:00 Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
4:30 IGPX
5:00 InuYasha
5:30 InuYasha

It amuses me to no end to see IGPX pushed all the way back to 4:30am. It's like they passively admit the show failed for them and can only use it as time-filler.

I'm glad they're giving Bebop a break. I'm even gladder to see Ghost in the Shell return after nearly a year off the air. Not that I'll be able to watch it, but I think the break will help it's ratings performance.

I'm hoping FLCL is just a placeholder, and that they will premiere something new (and good) on the 26th at 2:30. Not that I don't like FLCL, I do a lot, but I desperately desire something that'd be worthwhile to watch on the block other than One Piece and Soul Eater. If luck is on our side, I'd hope we get something like Mitchiko to Hatchin, or if they get something from Aniplex (which I feel has a high possibility of happening), Fate/Zero or Gurren Lagann (I'd hope for Madoka too, but I know it'll never happen, and the dub's meh anyway). Of course, with Toonami, I have no clue what they'll pick up next, but I just hope they don't pick up shit. At least for a while. Please?

Rynnec

FLCL's only going to be on for 12 weeks at most. I wouldn't be surprised if it were just filler for their next pick-up.

Daikun

I just noticed that Inuyasha airs episode 100 on October 19. It's like they were planning on synching up the schedule change. :sly:

Also, the week after October 26 is Daylight Savings. I wonder what they'll do for that hour this year. A continuation of last year's Easter egg seems likely, but the two open slots... :thinkin:

LumRanmaYasha

Heh, you're right. What's more, the InuYasha anime starts the Band of 7 arc the day of the schedule change. That's a pleasant coincidence, if only because the Band of 7 arc is the only part of the first anime adaption I actually enjoyed watching. I might actually bother to get up to watch it since I've got the West feed and can catch it at 8am. It'd be nice to have something else on Toonami to watch besides the 1am hour, even if it'll only last for a few weeks. 

As far as Daylight Savings day goes, they could air a movie or something, and just shift parts of the schedule around to accommodate it.

Lord Dalek

You fuckers are all wrong.

Spoiler
Its Vividred.
[close]

gunswordfist

I've heard of neither. Damn random poll...
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 26, 2013, 04:55:02 PM
DBGT.
Nah, Nick still owns the rights to that one last I've heard.

I would love to see how nostalgics react to it if they aired that again though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

It's the end of the month. You know what that means; Toonami Tumblr Q&A time! And the first answer is a little shocking...

QuoteAnonymous Asked: Did you lose the rights to cowboy bebop or will it return?

Answer: Good question! We did indeed lose the rights to Cowboy Bebop, sadly. HOWEVER- we?re confident it will return, and when it does, it will be the remastered version! Stay tuned.

[adult swim] has finally lost the rights to Bebop! Of course, they are going to try and get it back, and I suspect they will. Hopefully, FUNimation is nice enough to offer them a deal for Trigun and Outlaw Star too, so that the whole Space Western trilogy can air together again. It'd be nice to see. In any case, I think it'll be some time before we'll see Bebop again, at least not for another six months or so.

QuoteAnonymous Asked: Why are you taking off big o season 2 so soon? Is it cause of its lackluster ratings?

Answer:To be clear, the ratings for Big O at that time are NOT lackluster. We?re taking it off so that we don?t immediately re-run it. It will definitely be back!

QuoteAnonymous Asked: Given that its aired on adult swim before is there a possibility that TRIGUN could make it onto TOONAMI?

Answer: It?s always a possibility!

Quotesketch1984 Asked: Will Soul Eater and/or Sword Art Online air more than once through? Will they be replaced by fresh shows from the licensors who provided them or could either be replaced by a show from another licensor?

Answer: We can?t get into those sorts of specifics about our deals, but we will say that Soul Eater and Sword Art will be replaced with new shows when they finish their runs?.

sketch1984 Asked: When FLCL returns, do you intend to play it more than once consecutively or is it only intended to fill a slot for 6 weeks this time around?

Answer: It?s only intended to fill a slot for 6 weeks. Watch it, it?ll be gone for a while after that!

Looks like something will replace it in December. Hmm...hopefully a good new show. I wonder if they are loosing the rights to FLCL, temporarily, though?

Anonymous Asked: Do you consider a show that is filled with suspense, like Death Note, to be in Toonami or do you want shows that are filled with action to be in Toonami. Because I've seen three shows that could fit into Toonami: Future Diary, High School of the Dead, and Danganronpa

Answer: We gravitate towards action shows, but a GREAT show with a LITTLE action could be considered?

Anonymous Asked: Are shows like one piece harder to get than shows like soul eater?

Answer: The more popular a show is, the more money it costs to license.

QuoteAnonymous Asked: The most requested shows you get do you consider them for the block?

Answer: Attack on Titan, Fairy Tail, DBZ, Shippuden, and Toriko are the most requested shows.

Oh god, I really hope they don't air Fairy Tail and Toriko. The Toriko and early parts of the Fairy Tail manga are great, but their animes are absolutely dreadful. Terrible animation quality, music, pacing, etc. Plus, the fact they are long-running shonen series when we've already got three, two of which are terrible, doesn't make the prospect of their addition any nicer.

QuoteAnonymous Asked: Are you guys going get some underrated or not known shows like DMWL?

Answer: At some point, for sure.

Anonymous Asked: When FMA ends, do you plan on re-airing it?

Answer: We?re still figuring that out.

QuoteAnonymous Asked: Is there any hope for an expansion anytime soon?

Answer: If the ratings stay high, yes!

Whoa, expansion is now on the table. Interesting. I wonder what will be the final push for it to happen...

jeargumedo Asked: Any updates on the Toonami comic?

Answer: We have been writing it and we?re FINALLY about done with that! Soon enough talented people will start illustrating it.

QuoteAnonymous Asked: I just saw from up on poppy hill and it made me wonder if you guys would do a day of miyazaki?

Answer: Right now, with the rights to various Ghibli movies all over the place, it?s not possible. One day? we?ll see!

Quoteaskthehellpuppy Asked: Are you guys gonna do some kind of fan-interactive thing like you did in the past? Like you made games and had fans help Tom?

Answer: More will be coming in the new year.

Quoteinu-san87 Asked: Will you make a Flcl promo?

Answer: Yes! We certainly will.

Seems kinda pointless, but aight.

QuoteAnonymous Asked: How is toonami doing now that the new season of Saturday Night Live premiered last night and ADHD still airing?

Answer:ADHD has been a non factor so far. SNL is a minor one. The bigger factor is kids are in school now, which means a ratings drop for everyone for a while. But we?re still doing fine!

Anonymous Asked: I think you guys should do a game review on somehing thats a classic. Like the world ends with you. Do you guys have an opinionn on this? Is it even an option

Answer: We wouldn?t review any older games unless they were overlooked gems?

Quotetoonamifaithfulofficial Asked: When u guys do a game review, do u get permission from the company that made the game or are u allowed to review it without permission?

Answer: We don?t need to ask permission. If you?re reviewing something editorially you don?t need permission from a company.

Quotecbkask Asked: Any Clyde's In the near future?

Answer: Hmmmmmmmmayyybe

QuoteAnonymous Asked: Do you guys plan on doing a game review of Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD?

Answer: Probably not. We?ll play it though!

QuoteAnonymous Asked: Will you guys ever do an official Toonami podcast?
Answer: Maybe! We?re thinking about what it might be!

QuoteAnonymous Asked: I didn't *love* Kickheart, but I definitely liked it! Any plans to do more weird independent shorts in the future?

Answer: Yes!

QuoteAnonymous Asked: This is kinda a two part question. 1 Are any of the members of Toonami plan on getting Pokemon X or Y. and 2? If possible can TOM do a review on the game when it comes out?

Answer: 1. yes 2. maybe!

Quotegtsimeon Asked: How are you guys doing? Does the future of Toonami seem good? Do you guys have a Facebook fan page or a instagram? When toonami left years ago I was really upset. Now that it's back I wanna make sure you guys stay. Tom is so cool!!!!!!!

Answer: Thanks! we?re doing GREAT. The future looks good. We don?t have an official FB or Instagram but we may very soon!

Quoteinu-san87 Asked: I heard that Bleach is going on hiatus soon is that correct?

Answer: Not as far as we know!

QuoteAnonymous Asked: Will you guys and Adult Swim Games ever team up to do any games based off of Toonami or the shows? Also back in the day did you guys have any say in the flash games on Cartoon Network's site?

Answer: We hope to make a Toonami game in the future, and back in the day we had little to no say in those old flash games.

QuoteAnonymous Asked: If you guys once aired Hamtaro, would it be possible for you to air Sgt. Frog?

Answer:We didn?t air Hamtaro voluntarily, so we probably won?t be airing Sgt. Frog.

The only reason I would want Sgt. Frog on Toonami at all would be so that FUNimation would dub a season 4 and give me the Keroro vs. Gaururu Platoon arc all nice and dubbed. C'mon, FUNi, just up to there! Please?

Quotedumbfartness Asked: is there any way sym-bionic titan could get a dvd/blu-ray release through adult swim?

Answer: Not that we know of, sorry. We?d love that!

Quoteeawestruckkid Asked: Do you think FMA will be able to finish it's current run before the rights expire?

Answer: Yes.

Quotesketch1984 Asked: Are you willing to air hour long shows and OVA series with varying run times?

Answer: Yes.

QuoteAnonymous Asked: Will we have one more movie night before years end?
Answer: Hmmmmmmmmmaybe

Quotesketch1984 Asked: Could you claw Samurai Jack out of the Turner vault? Not many providers offers Boomerang

Answer: As long as Jack is on Boomerang, it cannot air on Toonami.

QuoteAsked: Any chance Sara could get a body for Christmas time holidays present?

Answer:mmmmaybe.

QuoteAnonymous Asked: Will there a promo for the One piece water 7 arc?

Answer: We?re thinking about it!

Avaitor

Wow, they did lose the rights to Bebop. But it might be a good thing that it's taking a hiatus.

As great as it is, there's only so many times you can sit through all 26 episodes without getting tired of it. A break isn't the worst thing in the world.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

I hope it immediately comes back. It should always be on Toonami.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

QuoteAnonymous Asked: I didn't *love* Kickheart, but I definitely liked it! Any plans to do more weird independent shorts in the future?
Answer: Yes!

:srs:

QuoteAnonymous Asked: Will we have one more movie night before years end?
Answer: Hmmmmmmmmmaybe

C'mooooon Redline!

Avaitor

I'd be down for Redline, and apparently the guys are fans of it, so we don't have to count it out.

New blog!

talonmalon333

I haven't followed Toonami at all since its return a year or so ago. Has it been alright?

Rynnec

It's been...decent. The Evangelion and redesign were nice, but 2013 really hasn't been an outstanding year for it, as far as pickups are concerned.