Cowboy Bebop

Started by Foggle, June 13, 2012, 12:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

One of the best anime, cartoons, TV shows, etc. ever!

I've said before that my dad loves this series, but really, he's only seen the movie and a couple of scattered episodes (and liked them a lot). I finally got him to agree to watch the entire thing with me, despite his (ir?)rational hatred of Chinese girl cartoons. Pretty exciting.

Anyway, talk about Bebop in this thread, why dontcha?

Avaitor

We haven't had a thread for the show before?

Huh.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Quote from: Brak's Dad on June 13, 2012, 12:16:23 PM

Huh.
I know, right? I was just desperately searching for one and couldn't find anything!

20 lashings are now mandatory for all admins and mods.

Avaitor

Quote from: Foggle on June 13, 2012, 12:17:48 PM

Huh.
I know, right? I was just desperately searching for one and couldn't find anything!

Anddd GSF
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Brak's Dad on June 13, 2012, 12:23:04 PM

Huh.

Anddd GSF
And Talon

gunswordfist

Quote from: Brak's Dad on June 13, 2012, 12:23:04 PM

Huh.

Anddd GSF
Shit, thought I could sit back and enjoy this one.

I need to reattempt watching all of the series and order. I missed a few episodes and admittedly never really appreciated the show for what it was in my crazy action crazy teenage years. After reading something like 100 Bullets, I think I'd really appreciate the show now.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Lord Dalek

Its arguably the best show of the 90s. That's really all that needs to be said.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Asteroid Blues was a lot less awesome than I remembered. The action was top notch, though.

My dad didn't like it much, but I told him that it gets a lot better around episode 5. Hopefully he'll be able to stick with it.

Avaitor

The first episode I remember really enjoying is the first one with Faye. IIRC, that's the fourth.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I was hooked by Asteroid Blues. The whole thing itself was kind of a standalone movie, and it did a lot to make the show stand out from everything else.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 13, 2012, 10:16:46 PM
I was hooked by Asteroid Blues. The whole thing itself was kind of a standalone movie, and it did a lot to make the show stand out from everything else.
I don't know, the fight at the end is awesome, and it's a great introduction to Spike's relationship with Jet, but I just don't find the story or pacing very strong compared to what comes later.

talonmalon333

Foggle

That second episode, oh god why. I actually felt embarrassed watching that with my dad. I really hope he still believes me about CB getting awesome...

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I actually liked the 2nd episode. Its pretty funny if you realize its not meant to be taken seriously.