Gravity Falls

Started by Mr. Big, June 16, 2012, 08:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Eh, I only go for season sets these day. Much more bang for the buck.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

LumRanmaYasha

Those aren't going to be full episodes, it's just a new short series called "Dipper's Guide to the Unexplained." The shorts will only last like, 5 minutes, much like the new Mickey Mouse cartoons and other short animated series they've done over the years.

Kiddington

Episode confirmation on the DVD set.

So basically, just the first six in chronological order. Eh.

Daikun

The week of Gravity Falls shorts starts tonight on the Disney Channel!

Kiddington

So I caved and bought the DVD set. Walmart had it marked down to $10, which, for six episodes still isn't an overly great deal... but given that it's Disney and all, this is probably the best we're going to get when all is said and done. I mean, when was the last time they actually released a full season set for anything?

Anyway, the adventure journal that came with it is a neat little trinket, but nothing spectacular. It's basically just a small collection of exerts from Dipper's journal in the show, a couple of postcards from Dipper and Mabel to their parents, and a map of Gravity Falls. It's cute, but I was honestly hoping there'd be a bit more to it. Ah well, it's still nice to own at least some of the show on hard-copy.

Daikun

King Hippo

Daikun

LumRanmaYasha

Took them long enough.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Yeah, I know. Doesn't change the fact the wait has been long. Airing 21 half-hours over a little more than a year is standard for any kids cartoon these days, but because Gravity Falls is a half-hour series and not quarter-hour it had to be spread out very carefully so as not to cause people to be impatient or lose interest. Renewing the shows late was a terrible decision because it has lead to this nearly year-long wait for new episodes, which can only hurt the show's popularity with kids. Disney should really be doing a better job handling GF's production, imo.

Avaitor

Yeah, my interest has died out for the show a little because of how long it's been since a new episode aired. I'm sure once season 2 starts up that'll change, but Disney kind of dropped the ball here.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

King Hippo

King Hippo

I'm not sure if anyone else is reading this thread, but it appears that Disney is moving the show's premiers to Disney XD, if a new promo is to be believed.

It's official, Disney has completely botched their handling of this show and it's not likely we'll see anything beyond season 2.