"Batman Begins" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Lord Dalek, July 16, 2012, 08:10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

I see me mentioning how Bleach used to be in EK's top 10 struck a cord. It's ok, we accept you even though you had an embarassing past where you thought anime was the only worthwhile form of animation. :sly:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I remember how GSF considers Bleach to actually be good and one of the only few anime that was worth following (according to him). In fact he still watches Bleach and has always tried to defend it whenever I pointed out what crap it was. Way to use your own ammo against yourself, shit-for-brains.

gunswordfist

I don't even have CN anymore, dumbass. I haven't watched Bleach in like a year. When's the lsst time you've seen it. :sly:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 28, 2012, 09:23:07 AM
I don't even have CN anymore, dumbass. I haven't watched Bleach in like a year. When's the lsst time you've seen it. :sly:

About 4 years ago. And I said it was shit back when I stopped watching it, too.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on August 28, 2012, 09:29:36 AM
Quote from: gunswordfist on August 28, 2012, 09:23:07 AM

About 4 years ago. And I said it was shit back when I stopped watching it, too.
OK, now when did you stop reading the manga. :sly:

talonmalon333

This might be a topic I've presented before, but I would like to do it again. How come people hated Katie Holmes' performance as Rachel Dawes so much? I mean it wasn't mindblowing or anything. But really, does the the part even call for something mindblowing? Rachel really isn't that much of a character, and Katie Holmes played that fair enough. Some people claim that Katie Holmes was "awful" and "atrocious". I've also heard people claim that her actress in The Dark Knight was "way better"... To be honest, I don't see much of a difference. They both give good enough performances for the part they have to play. In fact, I'd rather Katie Holmes have returned for The Dark Knight simply for the sake of consistency. I never like when characters change actors over a single series, and in my mind, both actresses played the part equally so we might as well get the consistency.

I'd also like to ask what there is to hate about Rachel Dawes in general? I hear her get loads of hate, but again, I just don't see enough that's in her character to actually dislike.

gunswordfist

Holmes was a zombie in BB. Dawes being generally boring and forgettable added to that but at least Maggie G. gave her some life in The Dark Knight.

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 07, 2013, 07:12:27 PM
Holmes was a zombie in BB. Dawes being generally boring and forgettable added to that but at least Maggie G. gave her some life in The Dark Knight.

^ This post is exactly what I mean. People just say Katie Holmes was "bad" or "terrible" or "a zombie" in Batman Begins. But really, she was no different from Maggie G.

I think they were both fine. The part of Rachel doesn't really call for much.

gunswordfist