The Next Gen Thread

Started by Spark Of Spirit, August 15, 2012, 09:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Apparently Bayo 2 is not being directed by Kamiya. That makes me very sad.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on September 13, 2012, 10:15:04 AM
Busy with 101, I take it. But I wouldn't worry, there's a lot of talent at Platinum.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 13, 2012, 10:17:28 AM
Busy with 101, I take it. But I wouldn't worry, there's a lot of talent at Platinum.
Well, yeah. I mean, I own ALL of their games (including the Clover and earlier Capcom stuff) except for Devil Kings and the two Viewtiful Joe spin-offs which I have no interest in playing, and every single one is amazing. Just a bit disappointing to know that Kamiya isn't part of it.

Foggle

Oh god people are already hating on Nintendo for the Bayo 2 exclusive and are describing the Wii-U as "not being a next gen console".

why.png.exe

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on September 13, 2012, 10:23:10 AM
Oh god people are already hating on Nintendo for the Bayo 2 exclusive and are describing the Wii-U as "not being a next gen console".

why.png.exe
The thing is- Bayonetta 2 was DEAD. Every single industry insider has said so.

Nintendo picked up the game, funded it, and gave it to Platinum to make. Without Nintendo, Bayonetta 2 would not come out at all.

The choice was not exclusive or multiplatform- it was exclusive or nothing.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Known Launch Games:

New Super Mario Bros. U
NintendoLand (Also available as a pack-in)
ZombiU
Rayman Legends
Fifa '13
Darksiders 2

UK also has Black OPs 2, and Mass Effect 3

Launch Window Games:

Game & Wario
LEGO City: Undercover
NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor's Edge
Pikmin 3
SiNG PARTY
The Wonderful 101
Wii Fit U
Wipeout 3

007 Legends
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Assassin's Creed III
Batman: Arkham City Armoured Edition
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Darksiders 2
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
Frozenbyte
Just Dance 4
Madden NFL 13
Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Nano Assault Neo
NBA 2K13
Rabbids Land
Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Skylanders Giants
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
TANK! TANK! TANK!
TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 Wii U Edition
Toki Tori 2
Trine 2: Director's Cut
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper

All that is known to be out in the launch period. There were other games, but I don't think anyone else here would be interested in them. I think some of those will make the jump to launch, but we still aren't sure.

All in all, that is probably the best system launch since the GBA or the Dreamcast. There's a lot of good variety in there, something for everyone.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on September 13, 2012, 10:15:04 AM

Is it still being made by Platinum?

Sequels to games made by great creators can be great without them if its at least handled by a good development team. Case in point: Devil May Cry 3 wasn't directed by Kamiya either, and IMO its a better game than the original, and even if some people don't agree with that most people can still agree that its an awesome game, either way. If Bayo 2 still has most of the same development team, then I think that it can still be great without Kamiya's presence. Also, before you say anything, Ninja Gaiden 3 was made by a very "different" Team Ninja than the one Itagaki lead, since he took most of the key members with him to VGS, so that's not a good counterexample to my point. :thumbup:

Foggle

talonmalon333

Let's hope that RE6 will also fit into that argument.

Foggle

Well, Revelations was fantastic in spite of the horrible sea monster boss, a couple of garbage non-Jill levels, and the (more) awful (than usual) story.

Spark Of Spirit

Bayonetta 2 is being directed by Yusuke Hashimoto who helped Kamiya design the battle systems for all his games. Kamiya is also supervising on it. So I wouldn't worry.

I'm still WAY more excited for The Wonderful 101, though. That looks awesome.

Foggle

Wonderful 101 looks great too. Obviously both games are must-buys. :thumbup:

Eddy

I'm officially sold on the Wii U. I seriously doubt I'll be able to get one until after the hustle and bustle of the holiday season but hopefully I can get one at some point in early 2013. I'll go for the $350 black Wii U that comes with Nintendo Land and probably pick up New Super Mario Bros. U along with it.

Also, all the rage I'm seeing about Bayonetta 2 is hilarious. Yeah, fuck you, Nintendo. Fuck you for SAVING Bayonetta.

talonmalon333

I approve of what we've learned today. $300 is a good price, and $350 is a great one considering how much more you get out of it.

But even still, I'll wait a year before getting it.

Spark Of Spirit

Here's hoping I can pre-order it on day. You guys already can.

But MAN are people mad over Bayonetta 2. At least Rayman Legends is understandable, this was an all or nothing deal here.