The Next Gen Thread

Started by Spark Of Spirit, August 15, 2012, 09:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Selfish (man)children would rather have no game at all than the game on a console other than their own.

talonmalon333

Actually I take it back. The U is too expensive.

But otherwise, the blowout was solid.

Spark Of Spirit

It's fine for a new console. $50 lower was about as low as it was realistically going to be. If you're waiting a year to get it then the complaint makes even less sense since it will probably cost that much by then anyway. The price is fine since you get more than you did with the Wii.

I can tell you this right now with certainty, the Durango and PS4 will not be $299.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

I pre-ordered the Black system for as low as $25. The clerk told me that it was a special deal for today and tomorrow only, while the email I got said it's for Power-Up Rewards members. Doesn't affect me since the guy did tip me about today being the day and I am a Power-Up Rewards member. I decided to skip on reserving games since I'll let my family worry about that since it does come out around the Christmas holiday season and I think Nintendo Land can entertain me for a while.

Nel_Annette

Shows what I know. I always thought Bayonetta bombed and everyone hated it.  :lol:

Foggle

It's P*'s only game to actually sell a lot of copies iirc. Something like one million.

Foggle

God fucking damn do I hate "gamers".

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Pre Wii-U: Nintendo is a kiddy company that makes kiddy games and doesn't have third party games worth anything!

Nintendo gets third party core games: I HATE YOU NINTENDO WHY ARE YOU GETTING THIRD PARTY GAMES I WANT!

I bet if modern gamers ever saw a NES or SNES their heads would explode from their pointless Nintendo hate.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

I'm going to raise my kids on 90's/early 00's PC games and pre-current gen ROMs only so that they never become graphics whores or console fanboys.

Spark Of Spirit

I actually saw a pretty ridiculous post on a certain message board during today's announcements that called Wii-U's tech junk compared to the "real" next gen, and then he was called out by saying that modern PCs will already eclipse the Durango and PS4 in tech when they come out. He basically had a meltdown to the tune of "WHEN I SAY ADVANCED TECH I MEAN IN THE CONSOLE WORLD! PCS DON'T COUNT!"

I honestly can't say I understand this mentality and the moved goalposts that comes with it. If you want a cutting edge system: invest in a PC.

Is this just a way to dump on Nintendo? Because if you're playing the power game, then the next Sony and Microsoft consoles will not be the best either, so that's kind of a dead end argument.

Foggle

These guys are like middle-schoolers, seriously. "Nuuuuuuu! Nintendwo is fow kids and I am NOT a kid!" *pout*

Foggle

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/13/wii-u-will-let-you-plug-a-three-terabyte-hard-drive-into-it/

This is fucking amazing. An easy and simple way to back up your downloaded games and DLC, something which was shockingly either impossible or needlessly difficult to do on the Wii/360/PS3.

talonmalon333

I actually kind of understand them. The decision to make Bayonetta 2 a U exclusive is... odd.

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on September 13, 2012, 09:13:41 PM
I actually kind of understand them. The decision to make Bayonetta 2 a U exclusive is... odd.
Sega cancelled it and Nintendo bought the rights from them. That's all there is to it.