The Next Gen Thread

Started by Spark Of Spirit, August 15, 2012, 09:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

Trying to comb through this reaction and make sense of it all... I give up. I absolutely give up.

Gamers suck.  :srs:

Commode

Quote from: talonmalon333 on September 13, 2012, 09:13:41 PM
I actually kind of understand them. The decision to make Bayonetta 2 a U exclusive is... odd.
I like the idea of exclusives, the fact that more and more games were cross platform was one of my least favorite things of the last two generations.  I've always thought Sony and Rockstar made a mistake by finally publishing GTA on the Xbox, it should have been a PS2 exclusive.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Kiddington on September 13, 2012, 09:35:07 PM
Trying to comb through this reaction and make sense of it all... I give up. I absolutely give up.

Gamers suck.  :srs:

The thing is, Bayonetta already had an established fanbase on the other consoles. To keep it on Nintendo would just be weird.

Quote from: Foggle on September 13, 2012, 09:20:51 PM
Sega cancelled it and Nintendo bought the rights from them. That's all there is to it.

But alright, this explains it.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on September 13, 2012, 08:29:16 PM
I'm going to raise my kids on 90's/early 00's PC games and pre-current gen ROMs only so that they never become graphics whores or console fanboys.

I'll do the same, but I plan on making an exception in 2 cases and throwing some Ninja Gaiden Black and Resident Evil 4 in there (yes, I would let my kids play those games if I actually had any). And maybe when they turn into teenagers I'll let them play F.E.A.R. and Max Payne.

Other than that, though, its strict 8 to 16-bit gaming. :thumbup:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Talon sort of has a point on Bayonetta (the same point that I was making with Rayman Origins). In the case of Bayonetta, though, I think Nintendo kind of saved it by picking it up out of the mud, and they're probably going to help finance the game which is probably the only way Sega would ever agree to a Bayonetta sequel. Were it just left up to Microsoft and Sony, we'd never see a Bayonetta sequel period because Sega apparently believes that there is no market for the game on either of those consoles (despite its sales), and its not like Microsoft or Sony actually know enough about good gaming to go ahead and secure what could be one of the best exclusive series that either of them could have under their belt.

So, basically, in other words, we're only getting a Bayonetta 2 BECAUSE of Nintendo (or at least I believe that's the case). If a sequel were already announced for the other HD consoles but then Nintendo made a deal with Sega to make it a WiiU exclusive later on, then I would say that people have a legitimate reason to be pissed.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on September 13, 2012, 10:18:00 PM
I'll do the same, but I plan on making an exception in 2 cases and throwing some Ninja Gaiden Black and Resident Evil 4 in there
Well, those are last-gen, so they're alright. ;)

Foggle

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on September 13, 2012, 10:38:14 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/13/nintendo-will-not-sell-gamepad-separately-in-north-america

Uh. What if your controller breaks? ???

I'm not too worried.

"None of the launch-window titles support dual GamePad play. As a result we won?t be selling the GamePad as a separate accessory. It will be released once the content is there to support it. Our anticipation is that there will be (games that support it) some time next year."

http://gengame.net/2012/09/wii-u-games-cost-59-99-pro-controller-is-49-99-no-standalone-gamepad-at-launch/

Avaitor

Well it's a good thing that Nintendo has a really good history with their help centers, otherwise I'd be more worried. If your pad breaks, you can easily send it in and hopefully get it fixed or receive a replacement soon.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Eddy

Spark Of Spirit

So... pre-orders are available for Canada now and I go to pre-order (got a Deluxe!) the system as well as Sonic and Mario. The thing is, for some reason, my EB didn't have NSMBU in the system, but it had like every other launch game instead of it. So, I'll try to pre-order it later, but it doesn't make it any less weird since, you know, this is basically the launch killer-app.

Still though, I pre-ordered a new Nintendo system with a Mario and Sonic game. That will never not be weird for me to say.

Also, this trailer makes me super pumped for the game!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Its amazing how that game looks so much better than NSMB2.

Bayonetta 2 really sold me on the WiiU, but I can't buy it right away since I have other things to pay off by the end of December. Maybe in the spring if they have Monster Hunter and Pikmin 3 out by then.

Spark Of Spirit

Here's an interesting chart:

Console launch prices adjusted for inflation.

So no, it's priced quite reasonably for the market.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

Foggle

I would organize a DDoS attack on that if I could tbh.