The Next Gen Thread

Started by Spark Of Spirit, August 15, 2012, 09:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Yep, the Nintendo Channel is gone. Though I do wonder what they'll put up for the biweekly show. 3DS has Nintendo Show 3D, so I don't know what they'll put up in its place.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Daxdiv

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Foggle on December 12, 2012, 08:23:24 PM
Next gen gaming, next gen prices. http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/aliens-colonial-marines/102499 :awesome:

What the fuck are you doing, Sega?

What are you, a poor entitlement baby that has to get mommy to buy games for you :P

Foggle

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on December 12, 2012, 08:49:28 PM
What are you, a poor entitlement baby that has to get mommy to buy games for you :P
Yeah making fun of me is so funny, so funny I forgot to laugh. If you wanna talk like that to me why don't you come here and say it to me face so I can answer your insults with a swift fist to the nose. Yeah you have a lot to say from hundreds of miles away but I bet if my fists were in reach of your face you would be like a tv on mute with no volume button. So do yourself a favor and keep your mouth shut unless you want to die. Next time you think about saying something like that to me I want you to remember one thing. I know the guy that created google maps and I can locate you in the time it took me to type this. Don't want anymore problems.... didn't think so faggot. You have any idea what gorilla warfare is? I do, I was in the US Marine Core and I perfected it. I'm fully capable of using it on you motherfucker. Do you know the dander your in if I find you? I am 100$ serious. Fucking god damn newfaf loser here and I will not have it. At least I've had sex, had girlfriends, and gotten laid, and blowjobbed unlike you virgin piece of unpatriotic SHIT.

Spark Of Spirit

Man, it's like the late 90s will never die as long as the internet is around.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

The Rayman Legends demo is up on the e-shop! I sent Dax and Ry messages, but I'll post it here in case they read this first.

The Sonic Racing demo is apparently up, too!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, for any of you guys who have the WiiU right now, how is that touch screen controller doing for you? Is is it actually comfortable to hold from the get-go or something that you have to get used to? Also, are there any games that actually have any real practical uses for the touch screen that are central gameplay elements, or is it mainly just being used for cheap gimmicks so far? I'm just asking out of curiosity as a potential buyer in the future, but knowing me it'll probably be ages before I can afford a WiiU. :P

The Wii should be really cheap soon enough, though, so I'll probably finally hit one of those up by next year.

Foggle

I briefly tried out the Wii-U controller at GameStop and it was surprisingly comfortable. Keep in mind that I was one of the biggest skeptics of the tablet gamepad pre-release.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on December 13, 2012, 12:30:09 AM
So, for any of you guys who have the WiiU right now, how is that touch screen controller doing for you? Is is it actually comfortable to hold from the get-go or something that you have to get used to? Also, are there any games that actually have any real practical uses for the touch screen that are central gameplay elements, or is it mainly just being used for cheap gimmicks so far? I'm just asking out of curiosity as a potential buyer in the future, but knowing me it'll probably be ages before I can afford a WiiU. :P
I'll just tell you in genres since I play differently with them. As for general weight, it's actually not all that heavy at all and the touch screen is probably better than the DS lines touch screens. It's basically a typical controller with a screen in the middle, but that screen can make quite the difference in games like NintendoLand with the crazy game set ups, and the Off-TV play in other games is also great for sharing the TV with others. But let's get to the games:

2D Platformers: The d-pad is excellent. It basically feels like playing with a more comfortable SNES controller. Also, using the touch screen in Trine 2 works wonderfully with the other classic controls in the game. As a whole, this is one of my favorite controllers for 2D platformers. I hope a patch to play Wii VC games with it comes out eventually, because it would be totally worth it.

Racing: Sonic Racing uses the triggers for gas and brake, the X button for weapons, the Y for looking behind, and the second stick for tricks. While it feels weird sliding your hand down for a few play sessions- you adapt. The sticks are really comfortable, and the shoulder buttons, while not analog, are really responsive.

Dual stick shooters: This is the best system for them. Perpendicular sticks and comfortable shoulder triggers makes them control flawlessly. Honestly, once you get used to switching your right hand in the opposite direction for anything, the sticks are placed well.

Rynnec has NG3, so he could tell you better than I can about 3D action games.

QuoteThe Wii should be really cheap soon enough, though, so I'll probably finally hit one of those up by next year.
I would convince you to skip for the U, but I know you don't have much of a gaming budget, so I'll just say that you still have a lot to catch up on!  :thumbup:

talonmalon333

Speaking of the Wii U, check out these Wii U skins, such as this NES based one.

http://www.decalgirl.com/skins/Nintendo-Wii-U-Skins

Spark Of Spirit

Rosalinas Spare Wand

No timeframe as usual but I'm glad it's coming.

Still hesitant about transferring my Wii data over to the new system though.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on January 09, 2013, 02:47:15 PM
No timeframe as usual but I'm glad it's coming.

Still hesitant about transferring my Wii data over to the new system though.
Well, if it matters to you, the U has better TV out than the Wii did which makes the graphics output a lot better on about any TV (even my old SD), and about everything transfers seamlessly. About the only loss is Gamecube stuff and LostWinds 1, I think.

Even though I had to send my system in to the disc repair, the transfer was the thing that went the smoothest. Though redownloading VC games was annoying.

Rynnec

Do you only have to redownload VC games that were on yur SD card? Because I was able to play Super Smash Bros and Mystical Ninja without any hassle.