The Next Gen Thread

Started by Spark Of Spirit, August 15, 2012, 09:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rynnec on January 09, 2013, 03:35:18 PM
Do you only have to redownload VC games that were on yur SD card? Because I was able to play Super Smash Bros and Mystical Ninja without any hassle.
Oh, I guess so. My VC games were only on my card.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

News on the next Xbox

QuoteAccording to a games developer familiar with the situation, Microsoft has already briefed a number of studios on the next phase in its motion control initiative. Future Xbox plans are so tightly guarded, however, that the source has not seen the development kits in person. It is not yet clear whether Microsoft will use technologies similar to Kinect for its next-gen motion control plans.

Previously leaked documents drafted in 2010 suggested that Microsoft was planning to double-up on Kinect's capabilities by using 'stereo sensor imaging' - a new technology that uses two separate cameras and microphones to create "full-body hi precision" motion control for multiple players at the same time.

The tag line in the document was "closer, wider, deeper".

The report added that a "dedicated processor", improved microphone, and enhanced RGB cam means that 'Kinect 2' will allow for "four players, sitting or standing" as well as sophisticated technology that can register props such as baseball bats.

Microsoft has sold about 18 million Kinect units, according to the most recent data.

In July last year it began recruiting for work on 'next gen natural user interface'.

In August a Twitter user appeared to have leaked a sample image of Kinect 2 running on a Durango (new Xbox codename) development kit. The image shows two users interacting with Kinect and what appears to be an increased amount of depth and movement data.

The image appeared to suggest that the next Kinect can track individual fingers and the shape of clothes.

In 2011, Sony Worldwide Studios boss, Shuhei Yoshida claimed that existing motion control technologies were "in their own 8-Bit era" - meaning that he felt such devices had significant scope to improve.
Kinect will be heavily integrated, it seems.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Unless something extreme happens along the lines of Itagaki coming back to Team NINJA to make a Ninja Gaiden 4 exclusive to the next XBOX (as just one impossible example), I didn't plan on getting the next XBOX anyways....nor the PS4, at that. At this point, I'm seriously considering just abandoning the console market and investing in a good PC if I plan to continue gaming. It just seems to be the right way for me to go.

Spark Of Spirit

So there was a new Nintendo Direct shown and it had some announcements:

Wii U Virtual Console - Can upgrade Wii versions for $1 to get MiiVerse, Off TV Play and Save states (I might get NG3 after all!)
Wind Waker HD
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
Yoshi game shown - It looks like Epic Yarn meets Yoshi Story
New 3D Mario and Kart will be shown at E3
Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U will be at E3
30 year Famicom celebration will lead to ideas on the eshop (certain games will be 30 cents) first game is Balloon Trip
Next Zelda will be about "rethinking series conventions" and playing with linearity
Xenoblade sequel shown off
Wonderful 101 looks amazing and will apparently be out soon
Bayonetta 2 will be shown off in detail at a later date (Platinum teaser was shown)
More crossovers are apparently incoming (If one isn't Mario X Sonic then they're not listening)
I just bought Balloon Fight for 30 cents

So all in all, that was a pretty great Nintendo Direct.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 23, 2013, 12:10:15 PM
Wind Waker HD
:SHOCK:
QuoteShin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
:happytime:
QuoteYoshi game shown - It looks like Epic Yarn meets Yoshi Story
:devil:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on January 23, 2013, 12:20:58 PM
QuoteYoshi game shown - It looks like Epic Yarn meets Yoshi Story
:devil:

It looks closer to Epic Yarn, really.

Spark Of Spirit

Also, if you want a Wii-U you can get Super Metroid for 30 cents in a few months:

Those all cost 30 cents for 30 days.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 23, 2013, 12:27:06 PM
http://images.nintendolife.com/screenshots/45549/large.jpg

That looks grotesque.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 23, 2013, 12:38:29 PM
Those all cost 30 cents for 30 days.
Cool deals! Unfortunately, I probably won't have a Wii-U in time to enjoy any of them.

Daxdiv

I also bought Balloon Fight for 30 Pennies, and I kind of like the transfer. The game isn't stretched out on my HD TV. Looks like Yoshi's Yarn is going to appeal to me, since I did love Epic Yarn.

Spark Of Spirit

Wow. If only they could add in the unfinished dungeons... sigh.

Foggle

Hm... is it just me, or do those character models look a bit off? The outlines and noses rub me the wrong way. The old blurry version kind of looks better IMO. http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/7/0/0/gfs_50820_2_3.jpg

Also, Nintendo really needs to turn down the bloom in that second picture. It almost looks like a parody of a modern FPS.

Spark Of Spirit

There are more pictures out there, I just picked two at random.

This will apparently be out in the fall to tide people ver for the next console Zelda. I was also intrigued when Aonuma stated that the next Zelda will be playing with linearity since SS was so hyper linear. Now if only he'd add Roc's feather to a 3D game.

Foggle

I really do hope they reduce that bloom, though.

Spark Of Spirit

They probably will since these are early screens, it's mostly the bloom and shadows that make it look so different.

Though I'm wondering what other crossovers with third parties will be announced next. Since they announced SMT X FE that opens the doors for it be anything, really.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 23, 2013, 12:27:06 PM

Reminds me of Little Big Planet.

Wonder how long until we get any real info on the crossover. I'm just glad to see Fire Emblem is getting some love again.