The Next Gen Thread

Started by Spark Of Spirit, August 15, 2012, 09:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 15, 2013, 05:20:53 PM
It works. I know because I beat the game without waggle.

I'll concede on that point, then. But I still appreciated having run and roll not be the same buttons, and it worked for how I played DKCR.

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on February 15, 2013, 05:41:32 PM
Fuck, all this talk makes me remember how much I really want to play DKCR, being such a fan of the first 2 games (maybe I'll give the GBA version of DKC3 a try someday). As much as people were bitching about the Wii and how it was the weakest console of the generation, I sure can't help but feel like there's a lot of games that I missed out on that I REALLY actually want to play. So that ain't too bad for such a "weak" console. On the other hand, aside from Ratchet and Clank, Yakuza, and maybe a few other exclusives, I'm still not the least bit interested in the PS3, and while the XBOX360 got off to a decent start (IMO), I can't help but feel ultimately disappointed in the weak output of this console now that the current generation is winding down and making way for the next generation (which I guess has already started being that the Wii-U is out).

DKCR is actually my favorite game in the series. And I have a feeling that you'll agree if you get to play it.

Spark Of Spirit

If you like platformers, you'll like it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Hey guys, guess what Sony's next console is called.

You'll never guess

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 08, 2013, 04:10:21 PM
8gb of RAM
WHY. The only reason you'd actually need 8 GB of RAM is if you're trying to max out Arma 2 or something. And that's before factoring in how a console already gets way more mileage out of a single RAM stick than a PC due to it being entirely dedicated to gaming.
This has been confirmed for the PS4.

I hope you guys want to pay for developers' selfishness!

EDIT: BC has all but been confirmed to be out. Rebuy your games, guys!

PS3 BC has been officially cut.

Square is showing the FFVII demo from the PS3. AGAIN. Proving nobody learned anything this generation.

Diablo 3 is on consoles! Nobody cares anymore!

No price announced still!

And it's over.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

So, that was a bit of a waste. It seems the PS4 is going to be the same games but with shinier graphics.

No price announced is very worrying. This thing is going to be overpriced.

gunswordfist

Blah blah, are they going to DRM or whatever used games off of the console or what?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

My friend swears that Sony's going to win this generation based off their show.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

They mentioned nothing about used games- they didn't even show the physical console.

Quote from: Avaitor on February 20, 2013, 07:27:11 PM
My friend swears that Sony's going to win this generation based off their show.
With that RAM, the console is going to be way expensive.

I'm predicting $599 US dollars.

Avaitor

seriously, I'm watching the PS4 reveal, and I'm pretty confident they've won already
they have great social features, no load or download times, double processing power, no more cell architecture, and they picked up Blizzard and Bungie
and hypothetically it all retails at $429
oh, and cloud service/game streaming, and playing any of the games on a Vita

huh

yeah, it's kinda badass lol

looks like there's no BC

BC?

backwards compatibility

oh yeah, they actually fixed that lol. You know how it's expensive to build backwards compatibility in?  They're going to Stream older generation games to the PS4. Genius

oh

8:30pm
yeah, I can't believe how smart that is and I hadn't heard of anybody mentioning it before. So like I said- totally genius, lol

Hee's the convo. I'm not really tech savvy, so I didn't really know how to reply.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Foggle could probably explain it better, but there's no Cell which means all PS3 and PSN games will not be available. If they decide to re-port them all to their service, you'll probably have to re-buy them. Also, that price is probably too low a guess.

They also didn't buy Blizzard or Bungie. They got a crappy Diablo game and a PS360 FPS up-ported.

I wasn't really impressed at all. Sony didn't really do anything that wowed me.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

And after Sony's showing....I'm still as convinced as I was that I'm done with consoles.

Really, all this did was make me yearn for a good PC even more.

talonmalon333

So for those of you that own a Wii U, I have a question.

Are Virtual Console games playable with the pro controller?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 21, 2013, 08:54:13 PM

Wii-U Virtual Console games are. I just tried out Balloon Fight and F-Zero. You can also play Off-TV, with the Wii-mote and nunchuck, or with either classic controller.

When the VC properly launches this spring I assume these features will be added to all the games.

Kiddington

The only thing I can really say at this point is that, unlike their E3 presser in 2006, they didn't completely crash and burn on this one. As in, we're not sitting here the next day, reveling in meme after ridiculous meme ($599 US Dollars, GIANT ENEMY CRAB, Riiiiiiiiiiidgeeeeeeeeee Raaaaaaaaaacerrrrrrrrrr, etc.).

That said, the more I go over this, the more I continue to be unimpressed. I'll stick with the Wii U when I finally decide to pony up for one, kthx.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 21, 2013, 09:09:52 PM

Wii-U Virtual Console games are. I just tried out Balloon Fight and F-Zero. You can also play Off-TV, with the Wii-mote and nunchuck, or with either classic controller.

When the VC properly launches this spring I assume these features will be added to all the games.

So when I get a Wii U and move all my VC games to it (in a year or something), I'll be able to play games with the pro controller? Good. Think the pro controller will work well with N64 games? Cause without the GameCube controller support, I figure that's the next best thing.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 21, 2013, 11:33:42 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 21, 2013, 09:09:52 PM

So when I get a Wii U and move all my VC games to it (in a year or something), I'll be able to play games with the pro controller? Good. Think the pro controller will work well with N64 games? Cause without the GameCube controller support, I figure that's the next best thing.
When the VC officially launches, you'll probably be able to. The pro controller is a great controller, it's very comfortable. I'm pretty sure they'll make it available for N64 games, too.

Also, the controls are completely customizable so you can remap NES games to be Y and B if you're so inclined.