The Next Gen Thread

Started by Spark Of Spirit, August 15, 2012, 09:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

Quote from: GaryPotter on May 21, 2013, 05:41:27 PM
I actually feel bad for GameStop right now.
If I were in charge of GameStop I wouldn't let my company carry the system or any games/accessories for it.  They can fight this, especially since they'll have many consumers(begrudgingly) on their side, but the first step is refusing to carry the Xbox One line.

And yeah, I'm a fan of BC, not only because of the space thing, though it's a pretty big factor, but also because as the years go on the less likely my old systems are to function properly.  It's amazing that my SNES has lasted me over 20 years now, but I tend to use it less if their are other alternatives, like Wii's Virtual Console.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 21, 2013, 06:31:14 PM
Quote from: Foggle on May 21, 2013, 06:26:09 PM
http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-require-internet-connection-cant-play-o-509164109

SHEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIITTTTTT.
Now to wait 3 months for gsf's reply.
I said both PS4 and Xbox...One but you can have your half-assed victory along with your stance to not play games that don't have sequels :sly:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Grave on May 21, 2013, 06:37:32 PM
Quote from: Rynnec on May 21, 2013, 06:15:06 PM
Quote from: Grave on May 21, 2013, 05:49:53 PM
I'll be honest, I'm kind of getting tired of seeing so many complaints about the lack of backwards compatibility. Until the PS2, that was never an issue. If you want to play your old games, keep your old systems.

Agreed, but one could argue that the older systems clog up space. Personally, I shrug at that, especially with all the HD remakes that's been coming out as of late.
Why do we still care about graphics at this point?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I like graphics. I like looking at CGI that just wow's me. Sure it's not the most important thing when it comes to games, but unfortunately that's the time we live in. Don't get me wrong, I like gameplay as well. It's the first thing I look for, but it has to attract me in order for me to even get interested, but then again I'm just greedy. I want it all (although I can live without a story).

No doubt Microsoft failed though, but then again, I won't jump the gun just yet and say they failed. No telling what people are into these days (Cause I certainly don't know anymore. Feel like I've been left outta some loop), but they certainly lost me with the whole pay a fee for to install a used game.
I love graphics too. People (Desen) act like graphics have been looking unsurpassable for forever but last gen (PS3/360 era) was the first one where jaggy graphics weren't acceptable. I'd love a game that had graphics as good as FFX's cutscenes.

Grave

Angry Joe goes off

I laughed quite a bit, but he made some strong points. BC is not a deal breaker for me, but I certainly understand why so many want it (I just grow tired of hearing the same argument over and over, but like I said I like the HD remakes, so my BC is sort of nullified. Now if only Capcom do a HD remake of Onimusha 3 and 4 and Sega do a HD remake of Shenmue my collection will be complete). Used games on the other hand is definitely a deal breaker.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on May 21, 2013, 07:44:33 PM
They can probably patch some of these issues later if the backlash is strong enough. 24 hour sign ins is just insane and unfeasible for most of the world.

Still, One's already going the way of launch period PS3.
I have already planned to boycott while also trying to inform people to not buy it because of the always on crap. Does anybody know how to Twitter protest?

Kiddington

Quote from: Comeau on May 21, 2013, 10:50:03 PM
I actually feel bad for GameStop right now.
If I were in charge of GameStop I wouldn't let my company carry the system or any games/accessories for it.  They can fight this, especially since they'll have many consumers(begrudgingly) on their side, but the first step is refusing to carry the Xbox One line.

Isn't that what some retailers did to Sega way back when during the Saturn years? Different scenarios obviously (IIRC there were some hurt feelings over not being included in the early launch), but still.

Grave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y508_rXPogQ

Warning: I just woke up and this guy nearly put me back to sleep.

gunswordfist

I can't wait to get a PS4.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, basically the answer is yes. If you want to play games on your XBOX ONE, you always have to have an internet connection. If you're internet connection is down or goes down in the middle of gaming, then you're fucked. I love how that guy tries to talk around the issue without flat-out admitting it, but people aren't stupid. If there was no always online DRM, he could have simply responded "no," and denied that there was any. The fact that he couldn't say that means that its there.

I really hope that the XBOX ONE does awful in sales, and that the people responsible for these terrible business decisions get fired. I would never joke around about something to the extent of people losing their jobs, but I'm dead serious, because anyone dumb enough to make these kinds of decisions are clearly just greedy as fuck, money-grubbing ass-holes that don't deserve their jobs in the first place.

Maybe I'm being too harsh, but I've never seen so much bull-shit flat-out confirmed to me at one time like this. If gamers actually buy into this bull-crap, then I'll completely lose what little faith I have left in the gaming industry as a whole. This business practice is so sleezy that it almost makes Game Stop look like saints in comparison (the key word being "almost," of course).

gunswordfist

I thought you said GameStop wasn't that bad.

Anyway, I agree with everything you said.

Avaitor

I just went through tz's X-Box One thread, and the response is as equally negative as it is here.

I'm not surprised really, since the site has always been more skewed to Nintendo, with only recent inklings of bro games showing up in the past couple of years, but it makes me happy that the internet is in agreement that Microsoft dropped the ball hee.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

A lot of GAF is negative about it too.  So are sites like Kotaku.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Grave

Adam Sessler had a little discussion with random gamers (Address the Sess) and they were upset as well.

Address the Sess

Nel_Annette

Pretty much unanimous on every forum I've been to that it looks like a shit tank. I think I've seen three people total across the internet that are actually excited for this.

gunswordfist

I'lll probably subscribe to his channel.

Anyway, this is a good sign. Hopefully this sends it through MS' thick skulls soon enough.