The Next Gen Thread

Started by Spark Of Spirit, August 15, 2012, 09:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

The only positive thing I can say about Xbox One is that the D-Pad looks decent enough. That's pretty much the only thing they improved from the previous controller. But everything else from the Always Online to Blocking used games/Having to pay full price for a second hand disc to yet again forcing Kinect down our throats is pretty much making this a no sell for me. I'm not all that bummed about indie games getting the shaft from Microsoft, since most of the time I log onto Xbox Live, most of the arcade games feel like something from the big dogs of gaming.

Though from another board I go to, this is probably one of my favorite quotes that kind of echos one of EK's previous post.

Quote from: Yukicalling it now: within a few months of xbox one coming out someone will attack the servers ala what happened to psn a couple years ago

systems everywhere will be more or less bricked since they can't connect, microsoft will have a class-action lawsuit filed against them, hackers will get away scott-free until microsoft ninjas plant marijuana on them

gunswordfist

If you mean that they are getting rid of XBLA games then that's fucking awful and something that should not be ignored.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

gunswordfist

Foggle

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/14887/article/microsoft-trademarks-new-per-view-content-system-for-xbox-one/

QuoteBased on the description of the technology developed for the patent it seems likely Microsoft will use the Kinect sensor, which is mandatory with Xbox One, to monitor the number of people present while watching a TV show, movie or music on the device. Presumably, should the content be consumed by too many people Xbox One owners will need to pay again.

Oh my god.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on May 23, 2013, 07:59:38 PM
http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/14887/article/microsoft-trademarks-new-per-view-content-system-for-xbox-one/

QuoteBased on the description of the technology developed for the patent it seems likely Microsoft will use the Kinect sensor, which is mandatory with Xbox One, to monitor the number of people present while watching a TV show, movie or music on the device. Presumably, should the content be consumed by too many people Xbox One owners will need to pay again.

Oh my god.
People were joking about that back when Kinect was originally announced.

This E3 is going to be memorable, that's for sure.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Basically, Microsoft is clearly more interested in competing with Apple than they are with Sony or Nintendo. That's what the Xbox One seems to be intended for, anyways. Gaming has basically become more of a secondary function to it, rather than its primary purpose. Either way, Microsoft is going to lose. People who just want to play video games will just for the WiiU, PS4, or PC, and people who want their convenient multimedia devices will probably just stick with Apple products.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

I think this gen I'm just going Wii U and breaking down and getting a gaming PC. Jesus Christ.

Grave

Agreed, although I'd just be getting a PS4. Gonna see how this laptop will hold out (if my patience don't run out first) before I decide to get another one.

gunswordfist

Oh my god.
I'll buy a Xbox One if it says "Where's my fucking money?"

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 23, 2013, 08:48:18 PM
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=564709
I thought I heard that Penny Arade was respectable? I'd like to hear otherwise now. I like the part where he says killing used games may not lower prices and then says they're going to lower prices after the comma, IN THE SAME SENTENCE! Way to contradict your wild speculation. Speaking of wild, XO will probably make people pirate more. Most people don't pirate games on their consoles, they usually do it on pc. If you thought Xbox games were all on pc before then wait until XO becomes the first console to have copies of its games be played on pcs more than the system its supposed to be played on. I like to play games for free myself. It's called BORROWING MY FRIEND'S OR FAMILY'S GAMES. I hear the fee MS wants to charge for using used games will be around the same price as new games. Hmmm, the PA guy tries to make GameSpot sound like the devil for charging 5 bucks less for used games but it sounds like MS is trying to do the very same thing and of course he says nothing about that. One last thing about the Penny Arcade guy's "article", if publisher can get money for every single copy of a game then a lot of them won't even think about price drops.

As for the 2nd article, it didn't make too much sense to me but I like how the writer says his own family my be badly affected by MS' drm or whatever they'll call but he's like "Ah, oh well. Who cares? It's all about the bigger pack."

gunswordfist

Kiddington

Oh my god.

The only words I can even conjure to such news.

I've never seen anything like this. Truly. This makes Sony's E3 2006 look like the SNES launch.