What Are You Currently Playing? 5.05: You Are (Not) A Gamer

Started by Avaitor, August 30, 2012, 09:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

IIRC, if you get out of the car, the kid will too. Then you can either proceed on foot, or grab another one. This is all but necessary, since it's nearly impossible to finish that mission without the first car taking lots of damage.

Nel_Annette

I'm pretty sure I was forced to do that too. But even then I was getting killed. The police are vicious in that city. That mission was my wall, I guess. And there's so much in my backlog now that I don't think I'll ever go back.

I don't know what I even want to play anymore. I haven't touched Etrian Odyssey in months now, and I just don't think I have the patience to complete it right now. EO 4 is coming out eventually and I still have yet to even get through the first one.  :sweat: I might just have to throw some titles in a hat and force myself into a random one. I'm in a gaming slump. I've bought a load of games this past year, but no motivation.

Foggle

Might I suggest a good stealth game such as Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, Hitman: Blood Money, or Deus Ex: Human Revolution? Games that are somewhat cerebral and let you accomplish the tasks in a multitude of ways always bring me out of a slump. :thumbup:

Nel_Annette

Avaitor

My highlight of RE4 as of now- beating the double giant boss fight in 4.2 with barely a bar of health left and only one round from the handgun.

Yeah. that happened.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Avaitor on September 07, 2012, 04:45:22 PM
My highlight of RE4 as of now- beating the double giant boss fight in 4.2 with barely a bar of health left and only one round from the handgun.

Yeah. that happened.

Fighting 2 Los Gigantes was a pretty epic part of the game for me as well. I remember that I killed one of them easily by trapping it in the lava pit, whereas I killed the other by weakening it with grenades and then jumping on its back to slice off the Las Plagas that provided the thing its source of life in the first place.

I also love those kinds of moments in games like the one you just experienced where you make such a big accomplishment with so little to work with. It feels so damn rewarding when you have just a sliver of health left and almost no good weapons to fight with and yet you still make it out of a tough situation like that against all odds. That's something that is SEVERELY lacking from most modern games that I have played, honestly.

You still haven't seen the best that this game has to offer yet, though. Out of curiosity, have you fought Lord Salazar in the game yet? I mention this not because of his boss fight (which is fine, albeit way too short and easy, IMO), but rather the one shortly before it. I don't want to spoil too much for you if you haven't already played that part, but that one boss is by far the best homage to Alien that I have ever seen in any video game ever (INCLUDING actual games based off of the Alien franchise property).

Foggle

IMO, the best boss fights in the game are Verdugo (the one E-K is talking about), U3 (AKA "It"), and Jack Krauser.

Avaitor

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on September 07, 2012, 05:10:10 PM
You still haven't seen the best that this game has to offer yet, though. Out of curiosity, have you fought Lord Salazar in the game yet? I mention this not because of his boss fight (which is fine, albeit way too short and easy, IMO), but rather the one shortly before it. I don't want to spoil too much for you if you haven't already played that part, but that one boss is by far the best homage to Alien that I have ever seen in any video game ever (INCLUDING actual games based off of the Alien franchise property).
You mean the Predator-like guy? Yeah, that was intense.

I'm on 5-2 now. There's just os many sick things to mention from the game. Like, wow.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I think that the Jack Krauser boss fight is my favorite one in the entire game, even though its admittedly the least RE-like boss fight in the entire series up to RE4 (I haven't played RE5 yet, so I can't comment on its boss fights). Its just so damn bad-ass and full of those surprising moments that you don't see coming (unless you've already played through the fight, and even then its still incredibly awesome).

My favorite RE-like boss fight is probably a toss-up between Verdugo and "It" (U3).

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on September 07, 2012, 07:08:53 PM
I think that the Jack Krauser boss fight is my favorite one in the entire game, even though its admittedly the least RE-like boss fight in the entire series up to RE4 (I haven't played RE5 yet, so I can't comment on its boss fights).
It's probably more RE-like than the second to last Wesker fight...

Avaitor

Now that I'm not in a rush, I gotta say that Salazar is such a pathetic baddie. For the chapter or two that he's in, he just does the typical generic villain device of not lifting a finger to eliminate the good guy, and just has his minions take Leon on instead, without sticking around to see if he survives. And then you see the scene where Leon throws his knife right at his hand, causing Salazar to whimper and run away.

Of course that fight is easy, once you get there, because he's such a wimp.

New blog!

Foggle

Salazar is basically just a joke villain. So much awesome b-movie cheese in RE 4.

Avaitor

Yes! I love it.

Also is it just me, ro does he look like Napoleon? Or was that intentional?

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Avaitor on September 07, 2012, 07:27:34 PM
And then you see the scene where Leon throws his knife right as his hand, causing Salazar to whimper and run away.

That's the funniest scene in the entire game, IMO. :lol:

talonmalon333

I liked Salazzar. Much more than Saddler, who's pretty forgettable in my opinion.