What Are You Currently Playing? 5.05: You Are (Not) A Gamer

Started by Avaitor, August 30, 2012, 09:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I've been playing Mario Golf GBC via the 3DS VC. Great stuff.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, I've been playing Castlevania: SOTN in irregular intervals, and I finally reached that point in these sorts of Metroidvania style game in which I get stuck and have no idea where I'm supposed to go next. So, naturally I explore around, but I still haven't figured out where I'm supposed to be headed. This is where the Internet comes in handy. :sly:

Spark Of Spirit

The farthest I've gotten was the
Spoiler
flipped castle
[close]
part of the game.

That part kind of annoyed me, so I've never actually finished it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

These exploration-style of games are the sorts that reward patience and careful observations in terms of paying attention to clues and trying to traverse your environments in ways that you wouldn't normally think to. I do like that sort of game, but admittedly its not the best for when I don't have a lot of time on my hands to play, and I don't often even get chances to play at that, so in those instances it just becomes more like a waste of time unless I can definitively progress in the game each time I play it. But, like I said, that's where the Internet comes in because I can just look that stuff up. Before I used to frown upon doing stuff like that, but as I grow older and have less time to play games, it kind of becomes necessary if I ever want to finish the game before I completely forget about it.

Commode

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 29, 2012, 05:46:35 PM
I've been playing Mario Golf GBC via the 3DS VC. Great stuff.
Oh shit, I downloaded that a week or two ago but I haven't touched it.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on October 29, 2012, 06:00:10 PM
So, I've been playing Castlevania: SOTN in irregular intervals, and I finally reached that point in these sorts of Metroidvania style game in which I get stuck and have no idea where I'm supposed to go next. So, naturally I explore around, but I still haven't figured out where I'm supposed to be headed. This is where the Internet comes in handy. :sly:
Heh he, I continued my latest replay today and still can't remember where to go. I'm guessing I'll have to be extra thorough.
EDIT: So after I failed to get anywhere on Symphony Of The Night, I tried to get to the City Of Gold on Spelunky yet again. After dying at least a dozen times, I had the last item and a good amount of other items (jetpack is so damn useful) and I went to the exit to put in the damsel and came back and apparently said important item got destroyed by a trap...and then I died violently by the hands of said trap. :shit: This game is too damn hard.

So tomorrow I'll be trying to get to the City Of Gold again...
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Nel_Annette

Don't feel too bad. I'v only made it to the Ice Caves once.

gunswordfist

It took me and my brother forever to reach the Ice Caves. So you can imagine having to start at the beginning and having to get all the way to one of the Temple levels is.

gunswordfist

OK so I was playing Spelunky again and..I GOT TO THE CITY OF GOLD! I was kind of freaking out and my baby brother was like  :whuh: Shows how hard the game is. But I had no bombs, which sucked since it was so easy to go through with the Jet Pack and was promptly chased out of the level and into the final level after trying to find some. I think I figured out how to get into Hell.

Spark Of Spirit

I got Shock Troopers on the VC, and I highly recommend to anyone here with a Wii who likes old school shooters.

Think Mercs meets Metal Slug, throw in alternate routes, 8 characters, and you have the most underrated Neo Geo game by far.

I only played the Mountain Route, but wow, it really is great stuff.  :thumbup:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, I got all the way up to Richter Belmont and beat him easily and then the end-credits started to roll. I hadn't realized that I had already gotten that far in the game and I still had plenty of area left to cover on the map and items to explore for and collect. So, I went back and went back and forth all over the castle for about 2 hours and now I have every bit of my map completely covered (except for the part leading up to the boss room with Richter). There may be more areas that I didn't explore that don't appear on the main map that you buy from the library shop, but I certainly can't find any more hidden areas (and I found a lot of them, including most of the breakable walls). Still, I must be missing some areas as I'm still lacking a few items and at least 1 familiar (I believe there are 5 in total and I have 4 so far). Also, I thought there was supposed to be some inverted version of the castle that you play through, but that hasn't happened to me yet, so I'm not sure if I missed something....

gunswordfist

talonmalon333

Did you get through that corridor where the entire floor and ceiling are covered in spikes?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yes, that is in fact the last room I got to. I got through it using the spike-breaking armor. I met Maria there, and I collected some item which I didn't bother to check upon collecting it so I completely forgot what I collected and what its supposed to do. Either way, though, I'm wondering where the inverted castle comes into play. Does it happen on a subsequent playthrough?

talonmalon333

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on October 31, 2012, 10:46:54 AM
Yes, that is in fact the last room I got to. I got through it using the spike-breaking armor. I met Maria there, and I collected some item which I didn't bother to check upon collecting it so I completely forgot what I collected and what its supposed to do. Either way, though, I'm wondering where the inverted castle comes into play. Does it happen on a subsequent playthrough?

You're really close to the inverted castle. At this point, I would recommend looking through your items, as 2 of them contains hints for what to do next. One of the items should have come from that room I asked you about. I don't remember exactly what it is called, but I'm pretty sure that "silver" is in its name. The other item should be similar to it.