What Are You Currently Playing? 5.05: You Are (Not) A Gamer

Started by Avaitor, August 30, 2012, 09:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I'll try once or twice for shits and giggles, but I just hit 7-8 instead.

Thanks, though. :thumbup:
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on November 21, 2012, 05:22:39 PM
As far as DOOM goes, I'm still stuck on that one level in Episode III, and I haven't touched the game for over a year, now.
Heh, I bet  it was a level with a lot of acid or lava. I just kept on coming back until I won. I also played Doom I this week and on my Ultra-Violence run, I got past the last stage in Episode 1. Then I started Doom II and now I'm not sure if I feel like going back especially since I'll have to start with a pistol on Episode 2.

Spark, I searched everywhere in level 1 (being there forever in Deathmatch helped) so if it's there I doubt I'll find it. :D

Let's see...yeah, Perfect Dark is starting to annoy me. I'm trying to find this secret agent guy dressed as a guard. I'm guessing I accidentally kill him every time I go down the elevator but there's no warning or anything and last time I checked to see who was getting aggressive and it seemed like everyone was just going to shoot me so I shot them all dead. And I really hate how bright the damn lights can get in this game. Also, who the hell is hitting me with rockets? Why can't I go back out the gate after I go to the hanger area? Also, I didn't get far enough for this to be a problem but why do they reset your weapons all the time when you are in the some location? And did I mention I hate how long it takes to find two of the same gun for dual wielding? It's so stupid because enemies drop the same damn weapon tons of times but you have to wait for some special enemy or something to drop the same gun so it can be counted as two. So damn stupid. *Sigh* I'm going to try to get past this level later. Also, I'll shoot anyone who gives me any clues. :burn:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Without telling you what to do, in Perfect Dark you should never shoot anyone unless you're 100% sure they'll shoot you back. I mean, you can even disarm guards and take their guns so you don't need to run and gun it. Just keep exploring the level and eventually you'll find the guy you're looking for.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Anyone having plans for stuff to get on Black Friday?

I may or may not get Super Paper Mario for $15 at WalMart. Same for Epic Mickey 2 for $25 on the Wii.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Commode

Haven't played Power of Two yet, but I'll pick it up here soon.

I did play and finish Power of Illusion though.  It's a good game, a little too repetitive and way short.  The drawing part kind of kills the platforming, but it wouldn't have been that bad if they had you draw more than four different objects(get used to drawing lots of cannons).  It's fun and all, but I don't think I'd put it on the same level as the old Sega games.

Sure looks amazing though.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

I'm really hoping since they contacted Sega about the Illusion games (AND licensed some music from them) shows that Disney is willing to discuss re-releasing their old games soon enough.

Disney really needs to get on the ball with that.

Avaitor

I sure hope so. There are a lot of those games that I'd love to try out, but never had the chance to.

Oh, and Old Navy has a deal for tonight that if you spend $40 there, you get a free copy of NSMBU, plus they're supposedly giving out Wii U's. I'm trying to get my mom to head over there.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Good luck! My copy of Sonic Racing Transformed came in, but obviously I can't play it yet. Because that's what I'd be currently playing right now.  :imnothappy:

Commode

Shouldn't be too hard to spend 40 bucks at Old Navy.  Just by a couple shirts.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just beat Castlevania: SOTN (for real this time, I'm sure). The fight with Dracula was ridiculously easy. I just tapped X repeatedly and eventually one. I didn't even need to heal myself or use any other items. His minion was even easier because all I did was turn into mist, making me immune to all of his attacks, and my minion literally just took him out alone (I my demon up to level 98, so he did a shit-ton of damage with each attack).

Aside from the underwhelming finale (though, to be fair most of this game was pretty easy), the game was a ton of fun, mostly because how how well the castle was designed and how much fun it was to explore it.

Now to start the game from scratch as Richter. I only played up to the first save point with him, but he definitely seems different enough from Alucard to warrant a separate playthrough with him. I noticed that he has no inventory, though, so if he can't collect new items or weapons, then playing through the game as him could become potentially more challenging. I also notice that he has a slide feature, which could come in handy with some of the more obnoxious enemies in the game.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on November 22, 2012, 06:56:42 PM
I just beat Castlevania: SOTN (for real this time, I'm sure). The fight with Dracula was ridiculously easy. I just tapped X repeatedly and eventually one. I didn't even need to heal myself or use any other items. His minion was even easier because all I did was turn into mist, making me immune to all of his attacks, and my minion literally just took him out alone (I my demon up to level 98, so he did a shit-ton of damage with each attack).

Aside from the underwhelming finale (though, to be fair most of this game was pretty easy), the game was a ton of fun, mostly because how how well the castle was designed and how much fun it was to explore it.

Now to start the game from scratch as Richter. I only played up to the first save point with him, but he definitely seems different enough from Alucard to warrant a separate playthrough with him. I noticed that he has no inventory, though, so if he can't collect new items or weapons, then playing through the game as him could become potentially more challenging. I also notice that he has a slide feature, which could come in handy with some of the more obnoxious enemies in the game.

I too found the final fight to be a bit meh. But I did think he looked cool in his freaky, over-the-top but still cool final form. Plus, I got a good laugh over the voice acting and terribly cliche dialogue that took place right afterward. :P

gunswordfist

Quote from: talonmalon333 on November 22, 2012, 07:22:17 PM
Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on November 22, 2012, 06:56:42 PM

I too found the final fight to be a bit meh. But I did think he looked cool in his freaky, over-the-top but still cool final form. Plus, I got a good laugh over the voice acting and terribly cliche dialogue that took place right afterward. :P
"BEHOLD MY TRUE FORM AND DEEESSSSSSSSSSSPPPPPAAAAAAIIIIRRRRR!!!" I honestly love that line and have been waiting to post it somewhere. "Farewell my son." All jokes aside, I think after that ending, it seems like that should have been the last Castlevania timeline wise. But knowing CV's wacky chronology, they probably already had games occur after the time of SOTN before that game came out so whatever.

So, I got past that level I mentioned on Perfect Dark. Desen's advice actually didn't help but it got me motivated to try again fast and I ended up actually paying attention this time and found a ladder down to the area where I was supposed to put the explosives and then the door to the end opened up.

I also beat a few more levels and boy did things get WACKY. I killed a clone of a certain important person and then I let my friend play because I believe I went to eat cake and ice cream (My little cousin's birthday was also celebrated on Turkey Day today. :D)

I beat a couple more levels in Doom II and now I'm on level 12. Pleasant surprise sense I saw I heard there was only 10 level per episode. Man, this new enemies are crazy. I ran until that fire blasting one on the 11th level and  :wth: @ his animation.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Welp, no Old Navy, since the closest one is too far away from us, and the chances of me winning a Wii U are slim anyway.

But I did stop by WalMart earlier tonight and got Epic Mickey 2 for its sale price!

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Let us know how it is!

And gsf, yeah DOOM II has less levels than the original but it's made up with how great the levels in II are. Seriously, some of my favorite FPS level design is in there.