What Are You Currently Playing? 5.05: You Are (Not) A Gamer

Started by Avaitor, August 30, 2012, 09:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 05, 2013, 05:06:22 PM
I'm not sure, there are a lot of Giana Sisters games.
There... are? I kind of thought it was a new IP, never heard of it before last year. Here's the PC game:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on March 05, 2013, 05:17:49 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 05, 2013, 05:06:22 PM
I'm not sure, there are a lot of Giana Sisters games.
There... are? I kind of thought it was a new IP, never heard of it before last year. Here's the PC game:

It started off life as a Mario ripoff back in the 80s. Since then there's been a few revival attempts to separate it from the SMB games. There's also one coming out for XBLA/PSN soon.

But no, that's not the same game.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

The Shadow Gentleman

Still Skyrim

I'm also either going to get Epic Mickey, Kirby's Epic Yarn, or Resident Evil 4. Which ever ones cheapest.

Nel_Annette

I got to say, I've seen the Steam version of Giana Sisters in action, and it is an absolutely beautiful looking game.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Nel_Annette on March 05, 2013, 07:17:50 PM
I got to say, I've seen the Steam version of Giana Sisters in action, and it is an absolutely beautiful looking game.

I've played the Steam version and the game play is pretty solid. The mechanics of switching between the two girls reminds me of Mighty Switch Force in a way.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daxdiv on March 05, 2013, 07:31:12 PM

I've played the Steam version and the game play is pretty solid. The mechanics of switching between the two girls reminds me of Mighty Switch Force in a way.
Oh, you switch between them? Then it's definitely not the same game.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

Quote from: Daxdiv on March 05, 2013, 07:31:12 PM

I really like the way it switches the music and environment too. Whenever I get a better rig I'm getting a Steam account and buying that.

gunswordfist

My baby brother and me beat Land Of The Livid Dead on Sunday. I love that boss music.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daxdiv

After watching some of Chuggaaconroy's let's play of Pok?mon Colosseum, I decided to revisit this game. I ended up liking it a little bit more than I used to. Maybe it's the strategy involved with having 2 different Pok?mon out on the field, maybe it's because I love double battles, maybe it is how more battle focus it is than the GBA games. I don't know anymore, I just know that I like this game again.

My only complaint was how limited my team composition felt due to how at the time of the game release, it was pretty much a way to get Johto Pok?mon onto the games and since the game does have models for the trainers in FireRed and LeafGreen before the games were released, showed that Kanto remakes were in the works, so it does explain why there were no snaggable mons that hailed from Generation I. But I got sidetracked here, My main point of my tangent was that half of my team didn't even come until my main journey was 3/5th of the way over and one coming in near the end of the main story.

My team at the end of the game while defeating Realgam Tower was this:

Espeon/Marquis ♂ 57
Feralitgatr/Leatherhed ♂ 57
Ampharos/Sparky-San ♀ 56
Flygon/Toothless ♀ 57
Granbull/Daisy ♀ 57
Heracross/Jamie ♂ 58

Did a lot of training in the Under Colosseum, getting my team up to 55 before facing the rest of Realgam. Ending up making Evice my bitch in the process. I think my favorite part was when Leatherhed used Blizzard and ended up freezing Salamence on the field, then having Toothless mop up on the next turn. Now I just got to do the post-game content and catch all the Shadow Pok?mon I failed to catch earlier.

Nel_Annette

I love Chugga, but he screams way too much in those Pokemon playthroughs. No one gets that excited over catching a Pokemon unless their drunk or under 10.  :P

I'm on Etrian Odyssey IV. I'm so glad they included the casual mode. On the third dungeon. I'll go back to the first 3 games eventually though.

talonmalon333

Spark Of Spirit

talonmalon333

Spark Of Spirit

It's better than all the CODs, Conduits, and whatnots.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I was going to pick up the XBOX360 version of the game at one point in time, but then I decided not to after hearing that its not as good as the Wii version.