What Are You Currently Playing? 5.05: You Are (Not) A Gamer

Started by Avaitor, August 30, 2012, 09:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Blood Dragon is amazing and makes me want to play the regular Far Cry 3. If you like 80's cheese, neon colors, open world exploration, and stealth, this is the game for you.

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, I watched a review of it and was quite impressed. If only that was the retail game instead, it looks way better than Far Cry 3.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 02, 2013, 12:34:25 PM
Yeah, I watched a review of it and was quite impressed. If only that was the retail game instead, it looks way better than Far Cry 3.
It's definitely worth the $15, and then some. I've played for maybe 3-4 hours and only completed 1/3 of the side missions and less than 1/3 of the story missions. :) This has definitely convinced me to get Far Cry 3 at some point as well, since the core gameplay of exploring, taking over bases, and hunting the wildlife is so much fun.

Eddy

The Shadow Gentleman

Just ordered Resistant Evil 4. Expect to hear my opinion soon.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on May 01, 2013, 06:26:50 PM
Blood Dragon is amazing and makes me want to play the regular Far Cry 3. If you like 80's cheese, neon colors, open world exploration, and stealth, this is the game for you.
My God, REALLY? All I really knew about the game is it has the balls to say it's future is in 2007.

Edit: I've been wondering what the story behind this game is. I suspect an idea that turned into an ambitious game. I also suspect Blood Dragon will be turned into a series.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Grave

Still kind of raging over my lost in UMvC3 with the constant mashing of crouching lights (seriously, who needs defense when all you gotta do is mash crouching light, and it pisses me off that this tactic works and I'm having a hard time getting around it) I decided to step away from that game a little bit and put more time in Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition. Gotta commit to learning how to use the fight stick, especially for UMvC3 because I was having a hard time trying to super jump out of combos. My thumb just can't move that fast when it comes to pressing v then ^.

Anyway, Cody and Guy will be the ones I use. Cody is still my best character, and Guy is my favorite (best fighting game character ever. Jin and Hwoarang are next) even though it can be discouraging using him because Guy's blockstrings aren't safe. The only cool rushdown character with unsafe blockstrings and to even do those blockstrings requires lots of practice since they are 1-frame links. Complaining aside I've yet to try out Jetstream Sam's DLC, but I'll get to it eventually.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: ShadowGentleman on May 03, 2013, 07:43:10 AM
Just ordered Resistant Evil 4. Expect to hear my opinion soon.

Just keep in mind that the game starts out a tad slow to build up atmosphere. I was wrapped up in the terrific atmosphere immediately, but for me the game didn't really take off in terms of gameplay until Chapter 2, when I finally "got" how I was supposed to play the game, and the game generally just ratcheted up the tension with tougher enemies, more interesting boss fights, and way cooler weapons to take out your opposition with. So, basically, just give the game a chance until you at least complete the first 2 chapters. If you don't like it by then, it may not be for you (and it isn't for everyone), but if you're like me than the 2nd chapter will be your hooking point, and chapters 3 and 4 will be even better, with the final 5th chapter being somewhat lower in quality than 3 and 4, but still insanely awesome, and overall the game will just feel like a cluster-fuck of really damn fun, intense, and memorable experiences.

gunswordfist

Played the Samurai Shodown 2 demo twice today. It's been like 20 years since I played any of this game...well it may have been the first one. IDK. Geez, I suck at this game. I couldn't get past the 2nd random fighter the three or so times I tried. I thought I sucked at Fatal Fury Special. At least I finally beat that demo without losing a continue or yesterday. I forget.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on August 30, 2012, 09:19:39 PM
GSF is a little shit, but he agreed that it's time to start a new thread, so here you go. :blush:
I still need to punch your face.

As of 5:44 PM, Gunstar Heroes became the first game I've ever received every achievement for. I still need to see my achievement home page or whatever to see how it signifies that. Anyway, me and my bro tried hard mode and the difference showed. Especially against Seven Force. It became obvious that we had to beat all of them instead of like just 4 and they were more aggressive than ever. Especially the giant gun. It was fun quickly adjusting to its high speed though. I was sliding out the way most of the time after I got the timing of the gun's pausing down. It took us like 20 tries. Also, Bravoo Man was actually kind of hard. That was...weird. On Normal, sneezing kills him. Oh and Orange gave us some trouble. My brother damn near beat Beat Stepper. That was impressive. In the end, we got stuck on the extremely long stretch of level after the first 4 stages...just like we did on Normal. We'll try again tomorrow.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 12, 2013, 11:47:47 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on August 30, 2012, 09:19:39 PM
GSF is a little shit, but he agreed that it's time to start a new thread, so here you go. :blush:
I still need to punch your face.
This has to be a record.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

talonmalon333

The Shadow Gentleman