What Are You Currently Playing? 5.05: You Are (Not) A Gamer

Started by Avaitor, August 30, 2012, 09:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

In my spare time I've been playing Super Luigi U.

Hard.

Very, very, hard.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Oh man, I am loving the Deadpool game. I'm not a big fan of Way's DP in the comics, but his silly writing actually works pretty well in the context of a video game. It may be one of the most immature titles I've ever played, but it's also damn funny, and surprisingly, quite a lot of fun. It basically plays like the X-Men Origins: Wolverine game (which is also pretty good, btw), except you have guns as well.

Lord Il

Playing the first Dead Island game and having plenty of fun with it. I've just been playing it casually over the course of a month when time allows. The gameplay is actually more involving than what I was expecting. Should be able to wrap things up the next time I give it a whirl. My guilty pleasure is running over many hordes of zombies with a truck - It gets the job done, y'know?

And... I like molotov cocktails wayyyyy too much.
:humhumhum:

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on June 25, 2013, 03:40:49 PM
Oh man, I am loving the Deadpool game. I'm not a big fan of Way's DP in the comics, but his silly writing actually works pretty well in the context of a video game. It may be one of the most immature titles I've ever played, but it's also damn funny, and surprisingly, quite a lot of fun. It basically plays like the X-Men Origins: Wolverine game (which is also pretty good, btw), except you have guns as well.
Sounds awesome ;D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 25, 2013, 11:42:08 PM
Quote from: Foggle on June 25, 2013, 03:40:49 PM
Sounds awesome ;D
After playing it a bit more, I think I'd describe Deadpool as an American studio's interpretation of a Grasshopper/Suda51 game. It's very reminiscent of No More Heroes and Lollipop Chainsaw in a lot of (good) ways.

Spark Of Spirit

I beat Super Luigi U 100%.

All DLC needs to be like this.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

On the whole, I really enjoyed the Deadpool game, but MAN that last level was a letdown. You can tell High Moon ran out of both time and money during development. Almost all of it takes place in one arena, and features 20 minutes of killing generic mooks, then a repeated double boss fight, then 5 more minutes of killing generic mooks reskinned to look like the main villain, followed by a 30 second ending cutscene. No final battle, no goofy set pieces, very little humor. Thankfully, I liked the other stages a lot, though I wish you could actually control the bicycle in the penultimate one. Good game nonetheless, but probably only worth playing for hardcore Deadpool and/or X-Men fans.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Nel_Annette

I can't believe someone's actually going out of their way to complete that stupid mermaid set.  :unimpressed:

Daxdiv

I've been pretty much abusing the Beetle hunting guides I've seen on Tumblr and 4Chan for getting all that easy Beetle money. With that, if I bother I can get a new upgrade to my house and fund a new project in the same day, along with having a copious amount of Bells in my bank. THIS IS THE BEST BEETLE HUNTING SIMULATOR EVER!

That and I've also got my Steam key for the remake of Leisure Suit Larry 1 for supporting their Kickstarter. So far it's pretty good and a lot different than the old version. Having to get sex from that prostitute was a lot different than what I remembered. I had to get batteries for a remote since you can't just interact with the TV anymore. That and I'm trying to kill Larry in all the old ways you can.

Foggle

I'm two events away from beating the entire World Tour of Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed on Expert difficulty, and ZOMBIE ZOOM IS TOO FUCKING HARD ASDF

Nel_Annette

Quote from: Daxdiv on June 28, 2013, 01:34:13 AM
I've been pretty much abusing the Beetle hunting guides I've seen on Tumblr and 4Chan for getting all that easy Beetle money. With that, if I bother I can get a new upgrade to my house and fund a new project in the same day, along with having a copious amount of Bells in my bank. THIS IS THE BEST BEETLE HUNTING SIMULATOR EVER!

Seriously, the tropical island and it's palm trees make you so OP in this version of Animal Crossing that there's almost no reason to try and make money anyway else. Now that I've gotten most of the public works projects I wanted out of the way, I think it's finally time to get back to expanding my house.

EDIT: Also Dax, if you ever need a guide, I think this one is the most in depth I've seen. It's amazing; I think it covers everything. There's tons of shit I didn't even know this game had.

http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/

Daxdiv

Quote from: Nel_Annette on June 28, 2013, 10:21:00 AM
Quote from: Daxdiv on June 28, 2013, 01:34:13 AM

Seriously, the tropical island and it's palm trees make you so OP in this version of Animal Crossing that there's almost no reason to try and make money anyway else. Now that I've gotten most of the public works projects I wanted out of the way, I think it's finally time to get back to expanding my house.

Yep. I've been pretty much going to the island after my job every day just to hunt beetles and the occasional Sharks since Sharks can give you more money than the beetles in most cases.

QuoteEDIT: Also Dax, if you ever need a guide, I think this one is the most in depth I've seen. It's amazing; I think it covers everything. There's tons of shit I didn't even know this game had.

http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/

I've been using Thonky since I've been going to /acg/. Been really using the art guide so I don't end up getting a fake from Redd.

I will say that the only thing I hate about this game is the fact that the grass still goes away.  :whuh: This was my least favorite feature in City Folk, luckily I've been trying to plant flowers in the dirt patches and watering them everyday, hoping that the grass will grow back. Hell, I've even stealing the flowers from the Island tours and planting them back in my town for that.

Foggle

Quote from: Foggle on June 28, 2013, 01:56:08 AM
I'm two events away from beating the entire World Tour of Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed on Expert difficulty, and ZOMBIE ZOOM IS TOO FUCKING HARD ASDF
And now I've beaten every World Tour event on Expert and unlocked every character/stage/console mod. By far one of the most frustrating and anger-inducing games I've ever played, but also extremely fun (especially in multiplayer).