What Are You Currently Playing? 5.05: You Are (Not) A Gamer

Started by Avaitor, August 30, 2012, 09:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Kiddington

Quote from: Nel_Annette on July 29, 2013, 04:15:57 PM
Basically, both of the portable NSMB games are fuck-ups.

Eh.

They're decent enough platformers; nothing revolutionary by any means, and probably trending towards the weaker end of the series spectrum, but they're not that bad. And I do think 2 is slightly better than 1 (terrible locations of Star Coins aside), even if I do lack the motivation to beat it 100%.

Avaitor

My Wii just decided to stop being connected to the internet, so I plugged in my SNES instead. I was going to finally play through this copy of Donkey Kong Country... but it's not working.

I can see why they dropped it off at GoodWill.

Edit: took me a while, but it works fine. Still fun!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

GaryPotter

Played a bit of Kirby Super Star.

I fucking love this game.

Avaitor

If Nintendo ever does make their own theme park, and they don't have a mine cart ride ala Donkey Kong Country, well that would just be the mother of all missed opportunities.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Would they make people ride giant skulls in a neon theme park while a ghost chased them, bumper cars in a sewer tunnel filled with mechanical bees, or old mine carts through broken tracks in an ancient cave?

There's a lot of opportunities there!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 05, 2013, 08:04:26 PM
Would they make people ride giant skulls in a neon theme park while a ghost chased them, bumper cars in a sewer tunnel filled with mechanical bees, or old mine carts through broken tracks in an ancient cave?

There's a lot of opportunities there!

This is the only time I'll ever use a gif of Sheldon. But hell, this has the potential for a great dark ride.

New blog!

Grave

Taking a break from the fighting games, let alone the ps3. Gonna fire up the 360. It's been quite some time since I've played any games on the 360.

Potential games that'll be fired up this week/end

Tales of Vesperia - I've had this game since I 1st got the 360, and still haven't managed to complete the game yet. I do remember enjoying the game. Just got hit by a dose of Tales of the Abyss syndrome (excessively long dungeons that wear me out). But I've been in the mood for some JRPGs as of late, and I figure ToV is a nice one to pick up and get back into.

Mass Effect - I love this series. I hold this series in the same stature as the Metal Gear series. Whenever I play the 360, I almost always have to play this series as well (still haven't beaten ME2, nor have I started ME3)

Borderlands 1&2 - My sister and her husband has been bugging me to play these games with them, and since I always play fighting games with her husband, I figured I return the favor a play these with them for some time.

Ninja Gaiden 2 - Like ToV, had this since I 1st got my 360. It's been a long time since I've played this game. For the most part I think I still remember how to play, but only time will tell.

Halo Reach - I always gotta experience this epic masterpiece.

Some games that I'll probably end up getting as well.

Assassin's Creed series (360) - Yeah, I own it for the ps3, and no doubt there's really no reason I need to get this for the 360 since it's the exact same game, but there are some games that I must have for both consoles.

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary thingy - I'm still on the fence about this one actually. I dread the flood, but I've had some epic moments in this game.

Tales of Xillia (Ps3) - Been thinking about getting back into the genre.

Nel_Annette

I'm actually picking up Xillia tomorrow Grave.  :joy: The last Tales game I played was Vesperia, and that was 2008. I've been missing it for a while. I bought Tales of Graces f as well, and when I finally get my PS3 I'll just have them ready to go. I can't play Vesperia anymore. It would just feel so incomplete now, knowing that the PS3 version is the game as it was intended with the two extra party members. Shame we never got that in the states. It is my second favorite Tales game though. Right behind Symphonia.

Symphonia and it's Wii sequel Dawn Of The New World are being rereleased as HD games for the PS3 next year too, in case that interests you.  :)

Grave

I loo forward to hearing your opinion about it, Nel. I probably won't be able to get it until next week. Tales of Graces f, I've been meaning to check out but I've been hearing some things that'll probably make me wanna trade the game in immediately, although, I will say that I'll probably check it out anyway simply because of the combat system. I've only played about 10-30 mins of Symphonia. Going from Abyss back to Symphonia just felt off to me. I will say that among the Tales games that I've played, Vesperia is my favorite due to the main character not being 17, obnoxious and naive. Abyss would've been the favorite, but Luke ruined that one (although Jade and Guy were great)

However, hearing that Symphonia will get HD release for the PS3 definitely perked my ears up a bit. I'll finally get the chance to play the game in it's full glory.

Nel_Annette

Yeah, I'm really hoping they upgrade Symphonia's battle system so you can do the "hold R1 and run on a 3D plane" like every game since Abyss has had. Playing the whole 2D-thing again would be aggravating.

And I agree about Yuri. Best Tales protagonist ever. I love how the dude doesn't dick around when he sees how evil the bad guys are. There's no "we can reason with him" or obnoxious shonen hero personality. He just straight-up kills them when no-one is looking.  :lol:

talonmalon333

So today I decided to go back and continue my runthrough of the original Metal Gear, and I managed to stick it out and beat it. Overall, despite some frustrations that can be attributed to the game's age, it was a good game. I'd say the last 45 minutes of the game was my favorite part.

Within the next few days or so, I will probably try Metal Gear 2.

Avaitor

Temple Tempest. How the hell do you jump over the Millstone Gnawty in the middle of the road?

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on August 06, 2013, 10:33:26 PM
Temple Tempest. How the hell do you jump over the Millstone Gnawty in the middle of the road?
Do you mean the one at the end of the level?

Just jump at the right moment near the end of the platform and you should make it. Don't jump too early or you'll get hit.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

New blog!