What Are You Currently Playing? 5.05: You Are (Not) A Gamer

Started by Avaitor, August 30, 2012, 09:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

I know I have a tendency to go on and on about them, but I honestly don't have any problem with either Galaxy (aside from the first one's post-game content just being a repeat of the same game but with a different character). I think they are both far and away the best Mario games, and the "mini-games" are just pace changers to add more variety to the general gameplay. And the platforming is just so incredibly tight. I also love the atmosphere of the two games thanks to the art direction and phenomenal soundtracks (this is one part that I think SMG1 was a little better at than SMG2). Before playing Super Mario Galaxy, I actually had my doubts because people were saying it was the best 3D Mario game by miles. Then I played it ---> mind blown.

Nel_Annette

Thank you, Square Enix, for giving Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix the worst packaging ever. This thing is jutting out of my shelf. They couldn't have put the disc in a standard PS3 plastic case separate from the art book? -.-

Spark Of Spirit

The only really difficult stuff in Galaxy 2 is in the extra levels and some of the green stars. The rest is just fun platforming.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 10, 2013, 04:29:12 PM
The only really difficult stuff in Galaxy 2 is in the extra levels and some of the green stars. The rest is just fun platforming.

Would the Grandmaster Challenge fit under extra levels? I think that's one the hardest Mario levels in general.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on September 10, 2013, 04:38:08 PM

Would the Grandmaster Challenge fit under extra levels? I think that's one the hardest Mario levels in general.
Considering you basically have to 100% the game to get it, I guess you could. That one is extremely hard and harder than anything that isn't Luigi's Purple Coins.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 10, 2013, 04:43:09 PM

Considering you basically have to 100% the game to get it, I guess you could. That one is extremely hard and harder than anything that isn't Luigi's Purple Coins.

I actually think it's even harder than Luigi's Purple Coins.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on September 10, 2013, 04:53:03 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 10, 2013, 04:43:09 PM

I actually think it's even harder than Luigi's Purple Coins.
I could see that, but since I hate time trials and time limits I would probably say Luigi's Purple Coins is much harder for not giving you time to think about anything.

Foggle

I'd weigh in, but I'll wait until I finish my playthrough of Galaxy 2 before I do. ;)

Spark Of Spirit

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 10, 2013, 05:17:50 PM
Are you going to try for 100%?  :o
Yeah. I didn't bother in Galaxy 1 because dat reused content, but I think I definitely will when I get around to playing Galaxy 2 again. :)

Spark Of Spirit

Whoa, good luck with that! Some of those later levels are quite evil.

talonmalon333

I always thought the final galaxy in SMG1 should've happened immediately after the credits. It seems less like a final level and more like an epilogue ala Paper Mario.

VLordGTZ

A few days ago, I started playing Kid Icarus: Uprising and the DS remake of Final Fantasy III.  Both of them have been pretty good so far.

gunswordfist

So I restarted my Dead Rising 2 Case Zero story and last night I found the last bike part in a "too obvious place"  I swore that it wouldn't be in.  :D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Grave

Alright, so I lied. I won't be putting MGR:R to the side. I just started playing through Raiden's story again, and my God, it's just too addicting. Even with my original file ended up getting saved over, I don't mind buying all that stuff again.

Now, Ninja Gaiden addicts could probably help me out on this one since I don't own the 1st Xbox, and can't remember, but the camera. Has it always been like, tilt the right analog stick to the right and the camera would go in the opposite direction? I was playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma over the weekend and while I don't want to call it a problem, because I think I can overcome it, but it just feels really awkward. The combat still feels good though. I think it's going to be a long time before another great ninja game comes out so Itagaki should do would Megaman's creator is doing with Mighty No.9. I'd probably contribute if he do.

Then I also got Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Binary Domain, and Vanquish (all for the PS3) in the mail today.

NGS2, I recall playing through some of it, and felt that the extra bosses were unnecessary, along with the extra characters, but "shrugs". I'm considering letting my brother keep my 360 (need some extra space), and I figure since I mainly play my PS3 all the time, well, yeah, go figure.

I've been wanting to try out Binary Domain for quite some time now. I hear it's something like Gears of War with machines, in terms of gameplay mechanics.

I also recall playing Vanquish at one point and not caring much for it, but to be fair I didn't give it a fair shot to begin with since I didn't even get an hour into it. I think at that time I was in a gaming funk as well.

I think this weekend (Friday = payday) I'll be looking into buying Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction and/or Crack in Time, and possibly the collection. Definitely stepping into unfamiliar territory here since it's been forever since I've last played a platformer. I've been getting into another gaming funk (especially since my internet sucks and it's interfering with my fighting games) and figured I probably need to try something new or something I'd never go for, and here I am.