What Are You Currently Playing? 5.05: You Are (Not) A Gamer

Started by Avaitor, August 30, 2012, 09:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

The two Monster Hunter games for 3DS combined have sold only 150,000 copies less than every single Vita game combined in Japan. Wow.

Someone show this to Takao.

VLordGTZ

I'm suprised that Monster Hunter 4 has sold as many copies as 3 Ultimate in only a few days.

Rynnec

Monster Hunter is apparently huge in Japan, it's like their CoD or something.

Spark Of Spirit

That's how Monster Hunter kept the PSP afloat. Without it... well, you get that.

Sony really didn't try with the Vita at all.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Sales for the Vita will probably pick up once God Eater 2 (the Battlefield to MH's CoD) comes out. Probably won't be enough to beat MH's sales though.

Spark Of Spirit

My mother got a bonus at work today and got us all a little something. This would be what I got.  :)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

I beat the first mission (Second not counting the intro mission) and I'm just like, wow.

Anybody who was talking bad about this game must be REALLY bad at it. I'm playing on normal and I'm doing pretty good despite being abysmal at these games.

It fixed the one issue I had with Viewtful Joe where you can now go back and play any level after beating one in order to stock up on coins to be items and skills. Otherwise it's basically a Hideki Kamiya game with more exploration (secret missions!) and the writing and voice acting is sooo Saturday Morning Cartoon. If it keeps up the pace, it might just top Viewtiful Joe as my favorite Kamiya game.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and that first boss fight was incredibly fun. IT KEPT GOING and I almost never wanted it to end! The Mighty Lambo felt the sting of my valientium blade... in a way. His voice actor almost had me on the floor. Too hilarious.  ;D

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 19, 2013, 08:15:10 PM
Anybody who was talking bad about this game must be REALLY bad at it. I'm playing on normal and I'm doing pretty good despite being abysmal at these games.
Seems like a trend with Platinum. Anarchy Reigns and to a lesser extent Metal Gear Rising suffered in reviews because game "journalists" couldn't figure out how to play them.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 19, 2013, 08:15:10 PM
EDIT: Oh yeah, and that first boss fight was incredibly fun. IT KEPT GOING and I almost never wanted it to end!
If they're anything like the boss fights in Bayonetta, I will be able to maintain a steady erection throughout them all.

Spark Of Spirit

Someone said it's like playing an episode of a superhero cartoon, and that feels accurate, but it doesn't really do it justice. I only have Gun, Sword, and Fist, and it constantly made me switch between them throughout the entire thing and I constantly had different things to do throughout. The way he kept it simple with rock, paper, scissors weapons and making you pay attention to the enemy's different attacks to choose the right leader in every different situation is fun. Not to mention the different skills you unlock through experience and in the shop to make them different. It's an interesting style of action game where it never feels like there's one main character. But that boss...

That is only part of it. If I told you the other things you did it would take away how great it was.

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

It's actually Unite Hand, Unite Sword, and Unite Gun, but I had to do that.  :>

gunswordfist

This is the 2nd time you guys tried to push Wonderful 101 on me
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Grave

Dynasty Warriors 7
Mindless fun. I think being exposed to Warrior's Orochi 3 kinda makes this game feel a little bland, but for the most part I like it. Although, I do hate that you cannot switch characters during story mode. I hate being forced to use whatever character they give you like Pang Tong (I think that's his name). Also, the look of these characters, while I like what I'm seeing, it takes a bit of getting used to as well. Liu Bei without a mustache just look so weird. I also have Dynasty Warriors 8 so I might just quit 7 and start that one up.

Mass Effect 1
I just started my playthrough for the PS3 version. I'm already aware that there aren't any changes, although, there have been some technical hiccups. It's slower to start over the 360 version, but other than that I'm looking forward to getting through this one, just so I can get to ME2 and ME3.

Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition (watching) - I haven't went back to playing it because I know once I start I'm not going to want to stop so for the time being I'm just going to watch videos of Guy and Yun being played and study up. I was watching some youtube videos of Capcom's qualifier and saw some of the exhibitions which were pretty exciting (Daigo vs Infiltration). Seeing the way Daigo plays Ryu makes me want to switch to Ryu, but once I get back into SSF4, I'm gonna try to apply watching his Ryu matches with my characters.