What Are You Currently Playing? 5.05: You Are (Not) A Gamer

Started by Avaitor, August 30, 2012, 09:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on December 19, 2013, 06:00:50 PM
Why would owning a 2DS mean that the owner has to be of a different demographic? :humhumhum:
To be honest, I wish I had waited and bought a 2DS instead of a 3DS. They're cheaper and I hate 3D. :P

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on December 19, 2013, 06:14:52 PM
Why would owning a 2DS mean that the owner has to be of a different demographic? :humhumhum:
To be honest, I wish I had waited and bought a 2DS instead of a 3DS. They're cheaper and I hate 3D. :P

I agree. The 2DS should've been the handheld they released back in 2010, but with a better design.

Spark Of Spirit

The 3D in Shinobi III is quite excellent. Sprite games really benefit from it with their layers.

It's a shame Nintendo stopped their 3D Classics line short. They should do as Sega did and hire M2.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Quote from: Foggle on December 19, 2013, 06:14:52 PM

But it looks stupid as fuck and being seen with it would decrease your dignity by 200%.  :P

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on December 19, 2013, 08:07:47 PM
But I never use my 3DS outside of my house.
Nobody un publik will call u a babby, I swaer!  ;)

Foggle

It's more that, if I'm out somewhere, I'm probably not going to have time to or want to play video games. :P

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just got done playing through one of the hardest boss fights that I've ever had to endure. I'm talking about Beowulf from DMC3....on Dante Must Die mode. It took me 1h 57min to clear the entire mission. Guess what 90% of that time was spent on. :whuh:

Honestly, I wasn't ever having "that" much trouble with this difficulty setting up to this point, but good god, Beowulf just made me his bitch. It took me 37 tries----THIRTY-FUCKING-SEVEN----before I finally managed to take this SOB down. And no, I couldn't even use items if I wanted to because I was too low on red orbs by the time that I hit the boss checkpoint. It got to the point where I had to completely ditch my Trickster strategy from the lower difficulties and instead force myself to get pretty good at using the Royal Guard style from scratch (which I actually did, and now it may just end up being my new favorite style in the entire game). My god if it wasn't at least satisfying as hell on my final attempt when I had only a few bars of health left (which is nothing on this difficulty, since Beowulf can easily clear at least a fifth of your health by so much as tapping you), and Beowulf unleashed his strongest attack (which of all things was a fucking AOE), and I managed to perfectly time my block for it and finish him off with an equally perfectly placed Royal Release right into his fucking eye. That moment alone made the endurance run totally worth it.

It's worth noting that I can't play anymore tonight, because my right hand is so fucking soar from that one boss fight. I won't be surprised if it feels even worse tomorrow. Very few video games have managed to drive me to this point before.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on December 19, 2013, 08:49:45 PM
Look, guys. Please, guys. I'm not insecure. I don't care what people think about me. :cry:

Fixed your post for you.  :D

Spark Of Spirit

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on December 19, 2013, 11:06:03 PM
Quote from: Foggle on December 19, 2013, 08:49:45 PM
Look, guys. Please, guys. I'm not insecure. I don't care what people think about me. :cry:

Fixed your post for you.  :D
But it's true. On the rare occasion that I actually would play video games while out (like, on a train or plane or something), I'd gladly use the 2DS in public without embarrassment.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 19, 2013, 11:30:55 PM
So many missed streetpasses...  :'(
I still don't know what that even does. :sweat:

Daxdiv

I walk around with my 3DS in my pocket every day. Always looking for street passes, mostly for Animal Crossing New Leaf and the Mii Plaza, even though my home in ACNL probably puts people to shame and I might have a lot more items than most people. Most of the items I probably want are non-orderable from the catalog. I will say that out of most of the games where I enabled Street Pass for, New Leaf is probably my favorite, except for maybe the times where I get some villages unwanted villagers. Luckily I know a method to get them out whenever that happens.

Nel_Annette

I just found out today that none of my streetpass/dream address stuff for AC:NL wasn't working for some reason. All that travel time with it for nothing. Half an hour of tinkering with parental controls later, and now I'm finally good to go.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody