The Kirby Series

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, December 28, 2010, 03:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Bosses are substantially harder, enemies have new attacks, and obstacles move faster (the nightmare portals, for instance) making it a lot harder than the original game. If you can get 100% on that, then you will be the true Kirby master (and unlock something awesome as well).

Seriously though, I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's already become my favorite Kirby game.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

I still need to beat Epic Yarn and Return To Dream Land.  :-[ I got half way through each and lost interest. I thought I'd love RtDL, but it's just missing the catchy music and that slight tinge of creepiness that The Crystal Shards had. And I really can't stand those areas where you run from the moving wall. I enjoyed what little I played of Epic Yarn, especially the calming music. Seems like a nice game to just relax to. But there were other games that took my attention at the time.

And just like Canvas Curse, Mass Attack is not my cup of tea at all. I just don't like games that are mostly touch screen only.

Spark Of Spirit

I don't know, the spin offs are kind of iffy for me. I enjoyed Pinball and Break Ball, but I didn't like Canvas Curse or Dream Course.

As for RTDL, I can't praise it enough. IMO, it does everything the earlier Kirby games did and tops them all and adds 4 player co-op. It really was one of the best surprises this gen.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Speaking of spin-offs, am I the only one who wants an Air Ride 2?

Eddy

Personally, I thought the music in RtDL was great.

I also loved Kirby Canvas Curse. It's my favorite Kirby handheld.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Eddy on May 01, 2012, 08:54:25 PM
I'd post some examples, but I don't want to spoil the game. I don't think anyone could hate this, however. Classic Kirby.

Nel_Annette

It still has great tracks. I'll admit I may be looking through the nostalgia goggles here. Kirby 64 was a massive part of my gaming childhood.  :)

So what's that anniversary collection Ninty is releasing this year all about? Anyone know what's on it?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Nel on May 01, 2012, 09:01:28 PM

It still has great tracks. I'll admit I may be looking through the nostalgia goggles here. Kirby 64 was a massive part of my gaming childhood.  :)

So what's that anniversary collection Ninty is releasing this year all about? Anyone know what's on it?
Hopefully better than the Mario one.

But I'd assume it's a Wii disc with every console Kirby game up to Air Ride.Which would be nice since I wouldn't be able to play Air Ride on the Wii-U.

Eddy

I'll actually be surprised if it includes Air Ride. On the plus side we know they're actually working on something. Not like what they did by slapping All-Stars (not even the version with World!) on a Wii disc.

Nel_Annette

Mine. Just... just... mine.  :drool:

Kiddington

I want this.

I want this NOW.  :joy:

Foggle

AWESOME.

Quote from: Eddy on June 22, 2012, 02:37:38 AM
it's clear a lot of love and care is going into it.
Unlike the Mario one. :srs:

Avaitor

Heh, yeah. I skipped the Mario one, but this will go nice in my collection with the Metroid Prime Trilogy.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Eddy

So anyone else pick up Kirby's Dream Collection? Mine arrived in the mail today.

And, wow, it's great. A lot of love and care went into its making, which is more than can be said about Mario's anniversary. Thank goodness HAL made it and not Nintendo. The book is awesome, featuring information about every Kirby game and including concept art (even dating back to when Kirby was called Popopo!). The soundtrack CD features some of Kirby's best tunes. And the entire presentation of the game is just top notch, with the games running perfectly, the history of Kirby, being able to view each games box art and a video of each game, episodes of the Kirby: Right Back At Ya! anime series, a timeline featuring things that were going on in the world when Kirby games were released, and so much more. The new challenge maps, based on Kirby's Return to Dream Land, are almost like their own game in itself.

Buy this collection.