Animation Revelation Shoutbox

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, December 28, 2010, 04:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Am I the only one who hates when people embed YouTube videos on a website? It just really slows down the loading time of the page, not to mention that if I'd want to watch the video there, I'd rather watch it in a separate page, so I can watch or listen while I continue using the page and don't have to wait until it's done to get out of it.

I just don't see the appeal.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Rynnec

You can click the title of the video embed to take you to their, but yeah, I agree. I don't mind it when it's only one or two embed's, but when it's done in excess? Fuck that shit. Dealing with youtube embeds back when my Wii was my primary internet browser was a pain.

So glad this site doesn't have any embed options.

Dr. Insomniac

Kiddington

Desktop died two weeks ago (power supply, I suspect, but haven't gotten it into town to get looked at yet). Been stuck on my laptop since.

Have I mentioned how much I hate this thing? Because I hate this thing.

Foggle

Sorry about that bro. I hate laptops too. :immad:

Commode

I haven't owned a desktop in like five years.  Laptops are much more useful, except now I get more mileage from my iPad than laptop, it's just that more portable.

#nonPCgamer.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

tumblr's a bitch on my sister's old laptop. I can only get the earliest part of my dash to load, and I can't access any blogs with an instant playlist.

Because of that and other reasons, I only get on that for Skype. Otherwise, desktop for life.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Kiddington

Quote from: Avaitor on October 16, 2012, 05:02:34 PM
Otherwise, desktop for life.

:worship:

This thing is just too slow for me. About the only site that runs decently on here is Twitter; everything else is hit or miss, which has severely limited my internet use in the time since.

I probably should invest in a better one at some point, but I'm just not much of a laptop guy as it is. What can I say, I'm set in my ways.

Avaitor

I'll probably get a MacBook Air when I move out, but I'm not too hyped one way or the other. I'd rather just use my desktop 24/7.

New blog!

Foggle

Never really been a fan of laptops. If you want one that can actually play games, it'll be extremely overpriced. And they never work nearly as well or last as long as a good desktop would.

Kiddington

Hell, the one I'm using is, what, a little over a year old (I inherited it from my mom a few months ago when she upgraded), and it's already as slow as mud.

I dunno. I'm usually not that hard on computers, but I never have much luck with laptops for some reason. I guess I shouldn't be overly surprised, though; who only knows what my parents were doing to this thing when they had it.

Avaitor

New blog!

Kiddington

Commode

Was just following a dude on a motorcycle on the freeway whose license plate said, no shit, "FAPPIN".  I don't know what to say, I wish I could've taken a picture though.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Foggle

There's this hot dog place near where I live that sells a bacon-wrapped fried chili cheese dog with a fried egg on top, drenched in Tabasco sauce. It is GLORIOUS.