Moved: The 100 Greatest Contemporary Horror Films (I've Ever Seen)

Started by No-Personality, September 18, 2012, 10:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm glad to see that Return of the Living Dead made the list. I only recently watched that movie but its easily one of the best films I've seen in its niche sub-genre of horror movies.

No-Personality

Currently editing / re-structuring
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Avaitor

I've seen about half of these, give or take, and I quite enjoy all of the choices you made of what I've seen. And of course, I'm growing more and more curious to find the rest. :thumbup:
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

It's good to see The Exorcist on your list. That one is probably my favorite horror film, and likely the scariest I've ever seen.

Keep up the good work.

No-Personality

Currently re-structuring.
and I love it.

Avaitor

Three more that I've seen- Nightmare on Elm Street, Videodrome, and Scream.

I like the first two, especially Videodrome, which is classic Croenberg. As for Scream... the less said about it, the better. Just not a fan.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on October 24, 2012, 11:04:14 PM

I like the first two, especially Videodrome, which is classic Croenberg. As for Scream... the less said about it, the better. Just not a fan.
>>Fan of Buffy, yet not a fan of Scream.

Avaitor

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on October 24, 2012, 11:07:05 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on October 24, 2012, 11:04:14 PM

>>Fan of Buffy, yet not a fan of Scream.
My tolerance on meta can only go so far.

That's why I wasn't so hot on Cabin in the Woods.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The first Scream wasn't THAT meta. I mean, it was undoubtedly meant to self-reference a lot of the slasher movie cliches of the time, but it didn't get as ridiculous with it as people claim. Wes Craven's New Nightmare and the Scream sequels were films that took the meta too far, or at least way more than Scream, IMO. At the very least I'd say that I personally enjoy it more than a Nightmare on Elm Street. I've stated earlier that I respect that Nightmare on Elm Street film, and it certainly belongs on a list like this, but on a personal level it just doesn't hold up for me and I can't bring myself to enjoy it for what it is. Don't get me wrong, I don't really love Scream (I don't even really like it that much), but I'd be lying if I said that I didn't enjoy watching it.

No-Personality

Just a note:

To draw out the suspense of what the Final 13 will be, the next couple days will be devoted to the Top 20 Honorable Mentions.

:whip:
and I love it.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: No-Personality on October 25, 2012, 12:16:13 AM
Just a note:

To draw out the suspense of what the Final 13 will be, the next couple days will be devoted to the Top 20 Honorable Mentions.

:whip:
:whuh:

Kiddington

Ah, Videodrome. Now that's a movie.

Too bad it's getting the shitty remake treatment like virtually everything else before it, but hey, I guess we'll wait and see how it turns out before rushing to judgement.

No-Personality

Due to the fact that I was going to originally do the 20 Honorable Mentions in a Video (with actual video clips rather than photots) and that my computer just plain sucks (there's clearly some sort of codec programming problem), they're going to have to wait 'til the end (maybe as late as November 1st).

Anyway... here's the Final 13 (in the form of a video on YouTube):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5APiVfAlyGo

Try to watch it in HD, it took me probably over an hour just for the video to save.
and I love it.

Dr. Insomniac