Your Top Favorite Animated Shows

Started by talonmalon333, October 01, 2012, 11:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 04, 2012, 06:26:31 AM
Pirates Of The Dark Water was dry (meaning it was BORING) while Swat Kats is still great. SK doesn't have to have the same quality as Batman or Gargoyles quality to be good.

7. Wolverine & The X-Men
6. Superman
5. Batman The Brave & The Bold
4. Batman Beyond
3. Legion Of Superheroes
2. Justice League
1. Batman TAS
Updated list:

11. Teen Titans
10. Static Shock
9. Wolverine & The X-Men
8. Young Justice
7. Green Lantern
6. Avengers EMH
5. Batman Beyond
4. Batman The Brave & The Bold
3. Legion Of Superheroes
2. Justice League
1. Batman TAS

I had to take down Superman since it's been WAY too long since I regularly watched the show. I added in YJ, GL and Avengers, since I watched much, if not all of them, this year. I also added Static and TT. I actually don't love Avengers as much as everyone else here but it's clearly better than Wolvie, YJ and GL. I put some thought into placing WATX and YJ but I remember YJ having more fun episodes. Green Lantern could have possibly beat Avengers if Season 2 wasn't a bit flat and predictable. Again, Season 1's unpredictability made it great. I didn't even have a clue that Razer would join the team. I need to rewatched all of BB (only missed like one episode but watching it all in order would help)...hell all of the top 5, without needing to waste time listing them. I've missed episodes from all and I plan on marathoning through all of them. I wish they would put LOSH on Netflix already...and the rest of the episodes for YJ and GL. I also need to watch all of Superman.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

If we're talking just superhero cartoons, here, then this is my list:

8. Superman: The Animated Series
7. Green Lantern: The Animated Series
6. Batman Beyond
5. Justice League/JLU
4. Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
3. Batman: The Animated Series
2. Batman: The Brave and the Bold
1. The Spectacular Spider-Man

LumRanmaYasha

Mine would be:

10. Young Justice
9. Green Lantern: The Animated Series
8. Beware the Batman
7. Superman: The Animated Series
6. Batman Beyond
5. Justice League/JLU

I haven't seen Legion of Superheroes, X-Men: Evolution, Wolverine and the X-Men, or Static Shock in a long time, so I don't know how I'd feel about them now. Teen Titans I'm hit and miss with these days, but I still like it for the most part. I put Young Justice on here just to round the list to ten series, but I do actually like it overall, even if the second season was too over-stuffed for it's own good. 

Spark Of Spirit

1. Batman: The Brave and the Bold
2. The Spectacular Spider-Man
4. Justice League/JLU
5. Batman Beyond
6. Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Those are the ones I really like.

I should probably get around to Green Lantern eventually.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

You should try Beware the Batman too.

Avaitor

1- The Spectacular Spider-Man
2- Batman: The Animated Series
3- Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
4- Justice League
5- Batman: The Brave & the Bold
6- Superman: The Animated Series
7- Batman Beyond
8- Green Lantern: TAS
9- X-Men: Evolution
10- Wolverine & the X-Men

I should definitely watch some B&TB again, though. I honestly haven't seen any of it since it ended. And it's funny, I used to prefer Beyond to Supes, but I really watch the latter more.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

I was re-watching some Beyond and I still don't get the complaints around season 2. Max isn't that annoying, the plots center around more than just a handful of villains, and we get to see more of the world. Bringing Blight back would have been a waste. He went out like Shishio and that's where he should have stayed.

I like all three X-Men series (the 90s one basically on nostalgia), but I don't think any of them are great. It's sort of annoying though, because they have the potential to be but get pulled back by something or the other.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

The Shadow Gentleman

1. Batman: The Animated Series
2. The Spectacular Spider-Man
3. Batman: The Brave & the Bold
4. Superman: The Animated Series
5. Justice League
6. Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Still a few I need to watch.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Cartoon X on June 23, 2014, 07:29:16 PM
Mine would be:

10. Young Justice
9. Green Lantern: The Animated Series
8. Beware the Batman
6. Batman Beyond
5. Justice League/JLU

I haven't seen Legion of Superheroes, X-Men: Evolution, Wolverine and the X-Men, or Static Shock in a long time, so I don't know how I'd feel about them now. Teen Titans I'm hit and miss with these days, but I still like it for the most part. I put Young Justice on here just to round the list to ten series, but I do actually like it overall, even if the second season was too over-stuffed for it's own good.
I saw a decent amount of episodes of Static Shock on Disney (oh, the irony) a few years ago, I believe. I felt the same about it like I did when they stopped showing it after its last episode.

I'm not going to bother with X-Men Evolution any time soon. The first season is probably the most boring superhero cartoon show season ever. Almost painful.

I thought Spark already watched GL. I swear he was one of the guys who recommended it to me.

Max isn't annoying. Well a little bit when she insists on tagging along with Terry just because but that's it. I didn't see the show in awhile and kind of forgot the characters so assumed Max was some annoying guy (?!) in a season I haven't watched and was perplexed when I realized it was just her. People need to aim that hate at Katara. :bleh:

And good, shadow knows what's the best.

Spark Of Spirit

I think what bothers me about all the X-Men show is that they always get convoluted. Like they have to throw in every famous plot and X-Man/villain and cram them in every nook and cranny.

I realize the X-Men have a long and storied history, but look at Earth's Mightiest Heroes-- they didn't have to reference every single thing about The Avengers' history. No, they focused on a core cast and went the whole nine yards. If they would do the same with X-Men, it would easily be something great. But of course, we all know the sorry state Marvel Animation is in now, so I doubt it will ever happen.

gunswordfist

Has Marvel animation ever been good? The time when they had Avengers and Wolverine on was probably their Golden Age. :D

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 23, 2014, 07:58:39 PM
Has Marvel animation ever been good? The time when they had Avengers and Wolverine on was probably their Golden Age. :D
Good point, but at least they were trying for quality at one point. I don't even think there's anyone working on Ultimate Spider-Man who even likes the show.

It's annoying to me because X-Men deserve their own EMH or BTAS, and it's just not going to happen.

gunswordfist

I'm glad I've only seen a few seconds of Ultimate Spider-Man.

Avaitor

I still maintain that W&TXM had the potential for greatness if the second season got made and fixed most of the problems from the first. Granted, Apocalypse was supposed to be a big part of it, but good writers have done better things with bad villains before.

But obviously, that didn't happen. Instead, Jeph Loeb happened.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

I think my biggest problem with Wolverine was that it started in mid-universe and expected everyone to know what was going on. I know starting from the beginning can be boring, but shows like TSSM and Batman Beyond (starting with Terry, I mean) show that it can be done.

Also didn't like Cyclops in that show. Say what you will about Evo, but I think he was the one character the show nailed perfectly. You can make a boy scout interesting, you just need good writing.

Quote from: Avaitor on June 23, 2014, 08:09:24 PM
Instead, Jeph Loeb happened.
Hence, my pessimism.