Your Top Favorite Animated Shows

Started by talonmalon333, October 01, 2012, 11:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Hey, Apocy rocks. :bleh: And what did Lube do this time?

Slim was a bit annoying but I thought he was alright. Marrow and Toad on the other hand...
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 23, 2014, 07:37:03 PMI was re-watching some Beyond and I still don't get the complaints around season 2. Max isn't that annoying, the plots center around more than just a handful of villains, and we get to see more of the world. Bringing Blight back would have been a waste. He went out like Shishio and that's where he should have stayed.

This.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on June 23, 2014, 09:54:40 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 23, 2014, 07:37:03 PMI was re-watching some Beyond and I still don't get the complaints around season 2. Max isn't that annoying, the plots center around more than just a handful of villains, and we get to see more of the world. Bringing Blight back would have been a waste. He went out like Shishio and that's where he should have stayed.

This.
I remember watching Earth Mover and wondering exactly how this season was lighter or less serious in tone.

Of all the DCAU shows, I think it's probably the most consistent.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 23, 2014, 10:35:24 PM

This.
I remember watching Earth Mover and wondering exactly how this season was lighter or less serious in tone.

:D So did that guy get her dad killed on purpose or what? I was kind of confused even though I'm guessing dad was just crazy.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 23, 2014, 11:49:36 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 23, 2014, 10:35:24 PM

This.

:D So did that guy get her dad killed on purpose or what? I was kind of confused even though I'm guessing dad was just crazy.
It was an accident. The father was just stewing in his hatred for so long that he probably eventually came to believe he killed him on purpose. Like Terry said, he was just a ghost- sort of a reference to what Bruce said about Mr. Freeze.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

As of now, I'm feeling (barring golden age stuff, of course)

10- Dexter's Laboratory/Johnny Bravo/The Powerpuff Girls/Sheep in the Big City (I can never choose between them!)
9- Rocko's Modern Life
8- Yu Yu Hakusho
7- Batman: The Animated Series
6- The Spectacular Spider-Man
5- Gargoyles
4- Archer
3- King of the Hill
2- Daria
1- Ed, Edd n' Eddy
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Avaitor on August 09, 2014, 01:47:48 PM
10- Dexter's Laboratory/Johnny Bravo/The Powerpuff Girls/Sheep in the Big City (I can never choose between them!)

Well, they are all equally great shows at their best, after all.  ;)

Great list. Right now mine'd be:

10- Futurama
9- Trigun
8- The Spectacular Spider-Man
7- The Simpsons
6- Gargoyles
5 - American Dad!
4- Maison Ikkoku
3- Ashita no Joe 2
2- King of the Hill
1- South Park

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Great list!

Quote from: Avaitor on August 09, 2014, 01:47:48 PM10- Dexter's Laboratory/Johnny Bravo/The Powerpuff Girls/Sheep in the Big City (I can never choose between them!)

I love all of those, and while it's true that DL, JB, and PPG went downhill in their later seasons, I still think that their prime seasons more than make up for the slack. I need to re-watch Sheep one of these days, though, but in its place I'd probably add Courage, myself.

Quote9- Rocko's Modern Life

Another show that I need to re-watch.

Quote8- Yu Yu Hakusho

As the only anime on your list, I'm glad to see that it's this one. I love this show in a way that it doesn't even matter to me that it's an anime. It's just a great cartoon, and the country of origin doesn't matter when a show is this good, IMO. ;)

Quote7- Batman: The Animated Series

Classic. I may prefer TBATB, but you'll never see me denying this show as one of the all-time greats.

Quote6- The Spectacular Spider-Man

Yeah, I think we pretty much both agree that this is the best superhero cartoon to date.

Quote5- Gargoyles

God I love this show to death. If I wasn't so biased, it'd probably be my favorite cartoon ever, but since I am, YYH is, but this is still ranked as my 2nd favorite (or sometimes 3rd, after Ashita no Joe 2, which I'm also hugely biased for), and it thoroughly stands the test of time.

Quote4- Archer

I only saw the first 2 seasons so far, but it's really grown on me. I could see it being right up there with South Park and Futurama for me when I watch more of it.

Quote3- King of the Hill

I need to watch more of this show as well. Sometimes I let on that I don't really care for it just to puss off Desensitized (for kicks), in case anyone was taking me too seriously, but I do honestly enjoy what I've seen of it.

Quote2- Daria

The only show on your list that I haven't seen any of. I need to change that, eventually.

Quote1- Ed, Edd n' Eddy

A classic. Also, I neglected to mention it, but I finally saw the movie about a year and a half ago, and I thought it was pretty fucking awesome. It felt like an episode of the show on steroids, which if you've ever seen the show is damn insane to comprehend, but it really worked out in a great way. I need to re-watch the show and the movie, eventually.

Avaitor

I haven't watched a whole lot of Sheep in the past bunch of years, but the one or two episodes I find online every once in a blue moon make me fall in love with it all over again. That's a show that REALLY needs a release stat!

And don't worry Spark, I'm planning to go through a (likely slow) rewatch of Trigun at some point. It's been way too long.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Oh, and great list as well, CX. :thumbup:

Mine would be:

10. Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
9. Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
8. South Park
7. Trigun
6. Batman: The Brave and the Bold
5. Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
4. The Spectacular Spider-Man
3. Ashita no Joe 2
2. Gargoyles
1. Yu Yu Hakusho

Avaitor

You guys really do have awesome lists!

Wow, I really need to catch up on my AnJ.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I believe that you also left off right before my favorite story arc of the manga, so there's always that as well. ;D

Avaitor

Quote from: Avaitor on August 09, 2014, 01:47:48 PM
As of now, I'm feeling (barring golden age stuff, of course)

9- Rocko's Modern Life
8- Yu Yu Hakusho
7- Batman: The Animated Series
6- The Spectacular Spider-Man
5- Gargoyles
4- Archer
3- King of the Hill
2- Daria
1- Ed, Edd n' Eddy
If I was to go to 20,

14- Neon Genesis Evangelion
15- DuckTales
16- Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heroes
17- Superman: The Animated Series
18- Full Metal Panic (particularly The Second Raid)
19- Batman: The Brave & the Bold
20- The Weekenders

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

20 - The Boondocks
19 - Home Movies
18 - Archer
17 - Batman: The Animated Series
16 - Batman: The Brave and the Bold
15 - Ranma 1/2
14 - Daria
13 - Urusei Yatsura
12 - Yu Yu Hakusho
11 - Dragon Ball
Quote from: Cartoon X on August 09, 2014, 02:01:50 PM
10- Futurama
9- Trigun
8- The Spectacular Spider-Man
7- The Simpsons
6- Gargoyles
5 - American Dad!
4- Maison Ikkoku
3- Ashita no Joe 2
2- King of the Hill
1- South Park

gunswordfist

i still can't combine my cartoon and anime lists.