JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, October 14, 2012, 02:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VLordGTZ

The Part 2 anime didn't cut out anything of real significance, so I don't think that they'll be cutting out entire fights from Part 4. 

gunswordfist

I just assumed Stardust Crusaders was the longest part of JoJo. I also had no clue DiU would be Villain Of The Week..but then again, I know almost nothing about Part 4.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

VLordGTZ

Parts 3, 4, and 5 all have a Villain Of The Week type structure.  The series shifts to a more story and character driven narrative in Part 6 (and even more so in Parts 7 and 8). 

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 25, 2016, 10:46:29 PM
I was hoping that was the case since I much preferred the pacing in the first 2 parts to SC. Though I suppose it might also set the standard for future adaptions of the series meaning no other part might go beyond two or three cours.
Three cours should be fine for Parts 5 and 6 since they are roughly the same length as Part 3.  Part 7 is 24 volumes long though, so David Pro will need to make it at least fours cours when (and if) they get around to adapting it.

VLordGTZ

Very solid premiere for JoJo Part 4!  I love the music and overall aesthetic that David Pro is using for this season.  I'm looking forward to seeing the new OP and ED next week.   ;D

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It was a great premiere. The voice acting is spot-on and really helps bring the characters to life like how I imagined them sounding and moving in the manga. The OST also really fits the tone and aesthetic of this season. And most importantly, Josuke is a huge step-up from Jotaro as the new lead, since he's infinitely more likable, and as you can see, Jotaro is much more tolerable this season as a supporting character. I'm also pleased with Koichi Hirose's portrayal, as he's my personal favorite DiU character, followed closely behind by Okuyasu Nijimura and Yoshikage Kira.

I really can't wait to see how Echoes is showcased in the anime. Between parts 1-5 so far, Echoes Level 2 is my favorite Stand/Ability, but it was something that had a very meta nature to it that worked specifically well in manga form, so I'm curious to see how the anime portrays it.

Spark Of Spirit

I'm already really liking Josuke. His stand power is really cool, too.

Very different feel from the other parts, but that's what I enjoy about this series. Every part is different from the one before it. The art style, music, and direction, are all top notch, too.

Definitely looking forward to seeing where this goes!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Despite being another villain of the week arc, I feel that Diamond is Unbreakable manages to be more entertaining than Stardust Crusaders because the situations that the characters find themselves in are typically more interesting. What I mean is that while SC clearly didn't take itself too seriously and allowed itself to have fun, it still pretty much almost always put the heroes in a typical life-or-death situation, which could get a bit boring at times since you always knew what the ultimate outcome would be until the final two battles of the series with Vanilla Ice and DIO. While DiU has its share of encounters like that as well, it also has a lot of fun moments where the characters are just being themselves, and aren't necessarily in any deep peril that they need to get out of, and thus their interactions are genuinely more focused on being entertaining and comedic. Mini story-arcs like "Let's Go Out For Italian," "I Am an Alien," and "The Man on the Tower" are among my favorites in DiU, alongside some of the more serious ones like "Sheer Heart Attacks" and "Highway Star."

Also, any situation involving Kishibe Rohan is pure gold. While the characters himself isn't that likable, what makes him really fun is how he interacts with the rest of the cast in the series, especially in regard to his animosity towards/rivalry with Josuke.

Spark Of Spirit

I can easily see where Persona 4 got a lot of its beats from this part. The atmosphere of the town and the more laid back slice of life feel contrast nicely against the Gothic horror of part 1, the adventure comedy of part 2, and the world spanning trek of part 3.

Though I hope the fact that this part wasn't that popular when it originally ran affects the anime that much. I would like to at least get to Stone Ocean.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

VLordGTZ

Part 4 has grown a considerable following over the past few years, so I don't think it will face many problems in terms of popularity.  At this point, I think it's pretty safe to assume that David Pro will adapt up to the end Part 6 at the very least since that's the conclusion of the original timeline.

Dr. Insomniac

I want to believe in seeing Gyro Zeppeli in animated form.

VLordGTZ

The Shadow Gentleman

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, who wants to place bets on which Queen song they licensed for this season's ED credits?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on April 01, 2016, 06:27:21 PM
So, who wants to place bets on which Queen song they licensed for this season's ED credits?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4Z6gaa3xqY

The only choice.

The Shadow Gentleman