JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, October 14, 2012, 02:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

That was a really cool episode. Now I'm eager to see who this murderer is.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

So that's what Kira looks like?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on July 22, 2016, 12:55:53 PMThat was a really cool episode. Now I'm eager to see who this murderer is.

Probably one of the best WSJ villains ever....:humhumhum:

Spark Of Spirit

I almost died laughing when Josuke nearly fell out the window.

We're halfway through the series now, and it looks like things are about to get real soon.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Now that was a cliffhanger. Man, Kira is something else.

VLordGTZ

We have finally been formally introduced to my favorite JoJo villain and entered my favorite part of DiU.  I'm kinda glad that David Productions decided to switch around this story and "Dreams of Cinderella" because now we can go straight into "Sheer Heart Attack", and I'm pumped to see that animated!  ;D

LumRanmaYasha

I thought it was a missed opportunity that they didn't end the episode with....

Spoiler
Kira blowing Shigechi up, with it hard-cutting to black right after he explodes screaming "Help, Josuke!" Now that would have been a killer cliffhanger.
[close]

That throws my predictions for the pacing a bit off too. But still, it's really satisfying to finally see Kira in action! Really looking forward to seeing  "Sheer Heart Attack" play out in the next couple weeks.

The Shadow Gentleman

Spark Of Spirit

Yikes! That was intense. They just have to stop this guy now.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Love how they handled Shigechi's death and the effects of Kira's Kiler Queen bombs.

Now, prepare yourself for one of the best fights in all of JoJo's. Koichi and Jotaro Vs. Yoshikage Kira surpasses all of the best fights from SC for me (and there are some that I legitimately love from that part), and is on par with Joseph Vs. Esidisi and Joseph Vs. Wammu (Chariot Race) from BT, IMO. It's probably one of the most edge of your seat fights in all of Shonen Jump, at least from what I've read.

The Shadow Gentleman

Can't wait to see the ending animated.
Spoiler
[close]

LumRanmaYasha

Shigechi's death was so well-done. It always surprises me how sad I feel about his death considering he's such a minor character, but you really feel for his struggle to tell Josuke about Kira and protect his parents from him, and the scenes with him blowing up in the hallway while screaming Josuke's name and his spirit flying off into the sky while crumbling apart always get to me, as does Josuke and Okuyasu's frustration, not knowing whether to feel angry or mourn.

It was a really good move of them to switch this and "Yukako Yamagishi Wants to Be Cinderella" around so as to have the Kira plot flow smoothly between "Wants a Quiet Life" and "Sheer Heart Attack." It's a particularly great touch adding Aya Tsuji to be with the rest of the protagonists when they're learning about Shigechi's death and that there's a Stand-using serial murderer on the loose, especially considering something that happens later on.

I'm so pumped for "Sheer Heart Attack." It's one of the best fights in the part, and the best Koichi fight as well.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on September 02, 2016, 07:42:32 PM
Echoes Foo Fighters is best Stand.

Fixed.  :humhumhum:

Echoes is pretty awesome, though. This week was a defining episode for Koichi's character. Echoes Act 3 and Koichi defeating Sheer Heart Attack is one of my favorite moments in all of JoJo's.

The Shadow Gentleman