JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, October 14, 2012, 02:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I think I was probably cheering for Jotaro more in this episode more than I ever did in Part 3.

Seriously, that was an insane fight.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Hey, give Koichi his due credit as well. He was a total bad-ass in this fight! Especially when he psychologically taunted Yoshikage Kira despite it almost costing him his life.

That said, I also loved it when Jotaro stepped in to hold out until just before Josuke and Okuyasu arrived on the scene. He was way more compelling here than even his fight with DIO, IMO. In general, he's just a lot more likable in DiU.

And yeah, this is one of my favorite JoJo's fights. Even though the heroes make it out of this skirmish alive, it was no less intense. Given Araki's willingness to kill off his main/supporting characters of each arc without mercy, back when I first read this battle in the manga I really thought that Koichi was dead once Killer Queen punched him through the stomach, but felt genuine relief once Okuyasu said that he was still breathing. It takes a lot of genuine talent as a mangaka to keep you on the edge of your seat for a battle like this in the middle of the arc when general shonen tropes normally tell you that nothing too eventful should really be happening until the last act of the story. Yet Araki brilliantly throws a curveball at us and gives us a fight that's easily worthy of being a final battle, and it comes out of seemingly nowhere.

The Shadow Gentleman

Spark Of Spirit

That was an interesting twist. I'm curious to see how they'll take the remaining 14 episodes since Kira is just out of their reach.

Sort of tangentially related, but how many arrows are there? I know Araki pulled it out of his butt to explain where the Stand users from here and Part 3 came from, and yet I don't know if this really is the last one of if there are hundreds of others out there. It's a bit confusing.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'll be honest, I've never been a fan of the concept of the arrows. I didn't really need an explanation of where Stands came from, and....

Spoiler
having them used as a Deus-ex plot-device in part 5 was really anticlimactic, IMO.
[close]

Spark Of Spirit

This might also be grounds for spoilers, so don't answer it if you don't want to give away something important, but I've been curious for a while now.

Why didn't Jotaro bring Polnareff to Morioh with him?

I've been expecting him to show up, but it doesn't look like he will.

Dr. Insomniac

Spoiler
Too busy trying to assassinate a mob boss.
[close]

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Minor spoilers for Part 5:

Spoiler
And also taking up a side-job as a computer hacker.
[close]

Spark Of Spirit

"It's that shitbag Josuke."

Rohan is such a jerk.  ;D

The Shadow Gentleman

Dr. Insomniac

So... at least Miike's directing?

Lord Dalek

There are some franchises that were NEVER meant to be seen in live action. This is one of them.

Spark Of Spirit

That was one of the funniest episodes so far. Josuke and Rohan are quite the pair, and this alien business was quite unexpected.

I think the OP was stranger than the episode, though.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the series is now officially over 100 episodes long.