JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, October 14, 2012, 02:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

I LOVE the new opening myself. There are so many awesome easter eggs hidden everywhere in it, and the idea of using "breakdowns" to convey the movement of the characters and as a transitional tool between shots was brilliant. Those first 30 seconds where the singer was going "Breakdown Breakdown" while Kira is preparing to detonate "Bites the Dust" and the bit with everyone pointing up to the sky where all the dead protagonists/allies are pointing back down towards them were my favorite parts. It might just be my favorite opening of DiU, and probably top 3 for JoJo's openings in general.

As for the episode, it's definitely one of my favorite parts of DiU and was just as hilarious here. I was surprised they didn't finish off the dice game within this episode, but having it bleed into "Highway Star" should work out since those stories follow directly on top of each other anyways.

gunswordfist

Josuke showed a lot of personality this episode, which he has been lacking in the series!
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on September 30, 2016, 03:19:10 PM
Josuke showed a lot of personality this episode, which he has been lacking in the series!

Still way more than Jotaro.

Spark Of Spirit

Josuke's my second favorite Joestar after Joseph.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

VLordGTZ

While I do prefer Jotaro to Josuke, it's mainly do to his supporting role in Parts 4 & 6 rather than Part 3 itself.  Personally, my favorite JoJo is Johnny Joestar with Jolyne being a close second. 

Man, the new opening is amazing.  :swoon:

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Highway Star next week.

Daikun

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The new opening feels like a throwback to a classic 90's style anime opening in terms of the song choice. I love it! ;D

Also, did anyone else notice the sign in the background that said GW2001 with the logo of a beetle next to it, and pointing in the same direction as the "To Be Continued" arrow?

Part 5 confirmed!

VLordGTZ

Quote from: Daikun on October 01, 2016, 12:54:08 AM
Here's the Toonami promo (recorded from today's Pre-Flight).
Damn, that promo is awesome!  I'm definitely hyped to see HxH and JoJo on the same block.

Spark Of Spirit

Nice promo. Very classic Toonami.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Josuke Vs. Highway Star is another one of my favorite fights in all of JoJo's. The next episode is gonna be rad.

Spark Of Spirit

That was definitely worth the hype. I can see why it's so many people's favorite fight in the series. Josuke's childishness and quick thinking got him out of another jam. That was a pretty tough stand.

Also liked the ending. It turns out Koichi took his dog for a walk.  :D

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

What in the world is happening. Part 4 is really something else.

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on November 04, 2016, 03:32:10 PM
It's pretty bizarre.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: The Shadow Gentleman on November 05, 2016, 05:19:59 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on November 04, 2016, 03:32:10 PM
It's pretty bizarre.

Well as far as JoJo's living up to its namesake goes, Buccellati alone puts anything from even part 4 to shame. Weirdest character introduction ever. Also, part 5 has a guy who's tricked into shooting himself in the face with a banana, so there's that as well.