JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, October 14, 2012, 02:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on November 05, 2016, 06:11:54 PM
Quote from: The Shadow Gentleman on November 05, 2016, 05:19:59 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on November 04, 2016, 03:32:10 PM
What in the world is happening. Part 4 is really something else.
It's pretty bizarre.

Well as far as JoJo's living up to its namesake goes, Buccellati alone puts anything from even part 4 to shame. Weirdest character introduction ever. Also, part 5 has a guy who's tricked into shooting himself in the face with a banana, so there's that as well.

Got nothing on Part 6.

Spoiler

[close]

gunswordfist

I love the first 3 episodes of Jojo so much.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Would be right at home next to Doraemon and Yokai Watch:>

Daxdiv

Quote from: LumRanmaYasha on November 07, 2016, 11:18:07 PM
Would be right at home next to Doraemon and Yokai Watch:>

tfw they haven't aired Doraemon in like forever.

We're not getting a 3rd season, are we?

LumRanmaYasha

Looks that way, unfortunately...

Daikun

Quote from: Daxdiv on November 09, 2016, 06:59:59 AMWe're not getting a 3rd season, are we?

Give it about 5 years and a deal with Netflix.

Spark Of Spirit

That was quite the insane arc. Were these events presented differently in the manga? It feels like the way the anime did it would feel choppy if you had to read it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Yeah, in the manga each of these fights happened sequentially and on different days rather than happening all at once and on the same day like they've done in the anime. They fought Superfly first, then Enigma Boy, then Hayato discovered Kira's true identity, and then the Cheap Trick stuff happened.

I really love how they've handled doing all of those at once. It allowed for more natural, smoother pacing, more time to linger on certain plot threads with more gripping hooks and cliffhangers in each episode, and added an ominous sense of mystery to the proceedings that made each encounter feel more pertinent and dramatic. Not to mention that emphasizing the passage of time like they've done is really clever foreshadowing and set-up for what's about to happen next.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Loved the remixed version of the opening. "Another One Bites The Dust" is easily one of my favorite sub-arcs in all of JoJo's.

LumRanmaYasha

I knew they were going to do something special for the opening for when Killer Queen Bites the Dust showed up, and they did not disappoint me. Definitely my new favorite opening of the series. Another One Bites the Dust is my all-time favorite "fight" in the series, and the anime has executed it even better than I could have hoped for.

Spark Of Spirit

What the heck, Hayato? Jotaro, Rohan, and Koichi, are RIGHT THERE! Go get them!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 09, 2016, 04:18:25 PM
What the heck, Hayato? Jotaro, Rohan, and Koichi, are RIGHT THERE! Go get them!

Because anime....

No, but seriously, while you could technically make he argument that Yoshikage Kira is blocking their path toward getting tI them, you'd think that th sound of explosions around the corner would at least alert the others to their presence. I've always kind of equated this to that strange manga logic that is set in place to allow the author to make the situation work in their own way once they've knowingly kind of writt themselves into a corner. I equate it to something along the lines of those infamous "5 minutes" on Namek from DBZ.

Spark Of Spirit

Watching Kira's dad go up in flames from his own son was quite satisfying. Can't wait to see how it finishes up next week.

Spark Of Spirit

And that's part 4.

I'd have to say it's the best part I've seen so far. Really enjoyed the cast of characters, and hope they show up again at some point, and the stand powers and encounters topped those of part 3. The tighter pacing of 39 episodes also kept it engaging throughout.

My final analysis:

4 > 2 > 3 > 1