Star Trek

Started by Avaitor, October 16, 2012, 05:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

This is going to sound puritan, but out of all the new and upcoming Star Trek shows, where's the one for families? Even DS9 was something a parent could watch with their children, while Discovery and Picard try a little too hard to attain that TV-MA rating. I know Nickelodeon's making a Star Trek, but that's not gonna be all-ages. That's going to be aimed squarely at kids, and any parent who's not already a Trekkie will probably feel as awkward watching it as they do most other Nick shows. Sounds narrow to make Star Treks for specific demographics (a Trek for kids, a Trek for adults, a Trek for Rick and Morty fans) instead of one with a wider reach.

Daikun

The trailer is out for the new animated CBS All Access series, Lower Decks. (This is separate from the series that's being made for Nickelodeon.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3RkBKedKWw

Daikun

The Nickelodeon series has a title.

Dr. Insomniac

Spoiler
[close]

It's like poetry. It rhymes.

Daikun

Daikun

Dr. Insomniac

Guess Discovery ended last week. All I really knew about the last season through osmosis was the Breen showed up and some guy from Enterprise appeared in the finale.

Maybe I just follow the wrong circles, but I read a bunch of Twitter users who do nothing but talk about sci-fi/fantasy, yet none of them really talk about Star Trek at all beyond an occasional remark. They talk about shit like Doctor Who, Furiosa, X-Men, House of the Dragon, Godzilla Minus One, that new A24 horror movie that's about fans of 90s cult shows, but almost never Trek. Even when I hear one of the new shows is good like Strange New Worlds, it's mostly a couple whispers and I have to go out of my way to find anybody talking about it.

Avaitor

I follow a couple of people who talk about Trek, but mostly older stuff and occasionally SNW when it airs. Discovery doesn't seem particularly well-liked, but it's probably not as hated as the first 2 seasons of Picard.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

I don't know what Trek's current place among SFF circles even is, to be honest. Last year, I assumed it had a quiet large audience if they were greenlighting so many shows, but Discovery ending, Prodigy's 1st season getting pulled, and that 4th Chris Pine movie still endlessly circling development hell proved otherwise.

I still haven't watched more than a couple SNW episodes even though I liked the second one I saw.