Greatest Anime Series (Voting)

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 27, 2012, 08:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Yeah, I'm passing too. And I thought you liked Baccano! at first, EK.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I did like the first few episodes, but then it just got a bit too over-complicated and contrived for my taste. I don't know how to describe it, but it just seemed too hell-bent on seeming smart and provocative that it almost felt like it was trying too hard to me. After a point, I didn't find any of the characters that interesting, and I didn't find myself really enjoying the show while I was watching it.

I can respect the anime and see why its such a big hit, but personally I may need to re-watch it again in full to get some more appreciation for it. For what it is, though, I just didn't like it that much my first time watching it.

Avaitor

That's fair. Like a lot of anime I've only watched years before, my memory on the show becomes a little more fuzzy each day, but I strongly remember Isaac and Miriam and that sick score. Everything else, not so much. I should probably rewatch it myself.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Rynnec

Seeing as I've only seen one of these shows, I'll have to pass on this one.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Assuming I tallied the scores up right (and if I didn't, consider it Lord Dalek's fault), We have a tie between Sailor Moon and City Hunter. Once again, we are in need of a tie-breaker, and I doubt anyone new will be voting for this round.

Baccano!- 10
City Hunter- 8
Sailor Moon- 8
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha- 4

Spark Of Spirit

I prefer SM, but I don't really mind either moving on.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

You have the power to make one move on if you want. Just alter your rankings to give either Sailor Moon or City Hunter 1 less point. Otherwise, we'll probably be stuck on this round all night, and for quite a while after that.

Spark Of Spirit

Okay, fine, I'll move City Hunter down one to get this moving,

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Alright, then! :thumbup:

Baccano!- 11
Sailor Moon- 8
City Hunter- 7
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha- 4

Baccano! and Sailor Moon move onto the next round.

Round 1, Match 13:

Bubblegum Crisis

vs.

Outlaw Star

vs.

Kids on the Slope

vs.

The Super Dimensional Fortress Macross

My Picks:

Outlaw Star (It can at least boast itself as being the funniest of the space western anime trilogy)
Kids on the Slope (Am I the only one who actually bothered to finish this show past the first episode? Its actually pretty good)
The Super Dimensional Fortress Macross (I did actually try this one, but like most mecha anime, its not really my cup of tea)
Bubblegum Crisis (Once again, this is another one that I just haven't seen before)

Spark Of Spirit

This is a tough one since they're all good.

Kids on the Slope - Yes, I watched beyond episode 1, it's really good.
The Super Dimensional Fortress Macross - I'm not big on most mecha anime, but this is one of the best.
Outlaw Star - This has sort of gotten overshadowed in recent years.
Bubblegum Crisis - This will probably lose, but I do have a soft spot for it.

Avaitor

Macross- Easily one of the best of its kind
Outlaw Star- Solid, but not a major favorite
Kids on the Slope- I saw the first... 3 or 4 episodes, I think? More than what I have to put in last.
Bubblegum Crisis- But it sure looks good!

New blog!

gunswordfist

Outlaw Star (Easily better than anything else listed. And no it hasn't been overshadowed because it's not like Bebop or Trigun. All 3 are clearly different.)
Not Tank Police
Slope
Not Big O so I don't care.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Insomniac

Lord Dalek

Robotech
Angel Links
A.D. Police
Cowboy Bebop