Greatest Anime Series (Voting)

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 27, 2012, 08:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on January 10, 2013, 07:25:58 PM
Sorry, not interested.
I'm sure you get that reaction from all the ladies.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Rynnec

Madoka Magica
Outlaw Star
Gundam 0080
Sailor Moon

Now if you'll excuse me:

Spark Of Spirit

If there's a tie I might change my vote.

:>
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

You know, if you guys always hype up Madoka to be the end all be all anime (or even the end all be all magical girl anime), then you're just going to turn people off from the series more than anything else. Hell, that almost turned me off from the series but I tried it anyways and enjoyed it. Its still not among my personal favorite anime, but one of the objectively better anime that I've seen in the last few years.

Foggle

I'd only give it like a 7-8/10 myself, and I've never hyped it up at all, but I just don't see how someone can say that Sailor Moon is better. That's all.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on January 10, 2013, 07:46:55 PM
I'd only give it like a 7-8/10 myself, and I've never hyped it up at all, but I just don't see how someone can say that Sailor Moon is better. That's all.
Because I don't like deconstructionist stories and I enjoy the canon story of Sailor Moon better.

See, I gave a reason.  ;)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on January 10, 2013, 07:46:55 PM

I was referring to a lot of its fans in general, rather than any single person.

But really, I think its a good series. I just didn't like it when I saw fans hyping it up as the best thing ever to obnoxious levels, but that really goes for ANY series that's popular, including ones that I like (such as Death Note back when it was at its most popular).

Avaitor

I can't rank what I haven't seen above what I have, and it's not like Sailor Moon is the worst thing on earth itself. Filler SM does little for me as an adult, but I can at least get a chuckle or two from it in moderation.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 10, 2013, 07:49:26 PM
Because I don't like deconstructionist stories and I enjoy the canon story of Sailor Moon better.

Madoka Magica isn't deconstructionist. I don't care for deconstructionist stories myself, so I could tell you if it really was one. Its just a magical girl anime that has a darker take on the aspects of the genre.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on January 10, 2013, 07:52:20 PM

Madoka Magica isn't deconstructionist. I don't care for deconstructionist stories myself, so I could tell you if it really was one. Its just a magical girl anime that has a darker take on the aspects of the genre.
I know, I'm just sayin'. I'm not a big fan of that sort of thing, though I do admit I think it does it better than, say, Naru Taru. But it's not a style I like.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 10, 2013, 07:55:34 PM
Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on January 10, 2013, 07:52:20 PM

I know, I'm just sayin'. I'm not a big fan of that sort of thing, though I do admit I think it does it better than, say, Naru Taru. But it's not a style I like.
And you're saying that about a show you haven't seen?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I should mention though that I DO typically prefer more straightforward, positive, and upbeat series that are most focused on being entertaining to watch rather than anything else. I just found Sailor Moon too redundant from what I had watched of it.

That said, all of my personal favorite series reflect my tastes in that regard. That means, one could argue that Madoka Magica is a "better" constructed anime than most of the anime that make up my top 10 favorites, if one did do that, I'd respectfully explain why I enjoy my favorite anime more and then kindly tell that person to go fuck them-self as, quite frankly, I don't give a rats ass what's considered better or not. :thumbup: