Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 27, 2012, 08:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Macross The Universe
The Children's Bell Curve
Firefly
Top 40 Trouble

Pharass

Macross: One of my favorite mecha anime.
Kids on the Slope: I've only seen a few episodes, but so far, it's really good.
Outlaw Star: Pretty good.
Bubblegum Crisis: Ditto.

Too bad I missed the previous match and that City Hunter is now out of the game. Oh, well.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The Super Dimensional Fortress Macross- 26
Outlaw Star- 22
Kids on the Slope- 21
Bubblegum Crisis- 11

The Super Dimensional Fortress Macross and Outlaw Star move onto the next round.

Round 1, Match 14:

Level E

vs.

Serial Experiments Lain

vs.

Dragon Ball

vs.

Hyouge Mono

My Picks:

Dragon Ball (A highlight of a period of time when Toei actually kind of, sort of cared what the fuck they put out)
Level E (This is what Togashi writes when he's either high or drunk....or both)
Serial Experiments Lain (Its OK; I honestly haven't seen it in years, though)
Hyouge Mono (I haven't seen it, and there of course always seems to be at least one of these types per match)

Dr. Insomniac

Hiragana That I Have Not Seen, But Will Rank On Top To Show That I Do Not Let Ignorance Get In The Way Of Apparent Quality
Digimon Tamers for adults
Vic Mignogna is blonde, we get it.
Stephanie Nadolny's drug money.

Foggle

Hiyogemonogatari
The Experiments Lied
Level 5
Bald Dragon

Lord Dalek

Who gets mononucleosis?
The Yoshitoshi ABe Show Season 1
Minus World
Saiyuki

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Pharass

Hyougemono: I hope we get more episodes of this show subbed soon, it's really good and Furuta is one of the more memorable anime - protagonists in recent years.
Serial Experiment Lain
Dragonball: Although the Dragonball manga was a huge favorite of mine back in the day, I've never really gotten around to watch the anime.
Level E: Heard of it, haven't seen it.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Foggle

Quote from: Pharass on January 06, 2013, 03:15:00 AM
Hyougemono: I hope we get more episodes of this show subbed soon, it's really good and Furuta is one of the more memorable anime - protagonists in recent years.
So glad to know other people here have seen this show! It's really good, and nearly defines the term "underrated". Doremi just uploaded episode 19, btw! :joy:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on January 05, 2013, 06:59:10 PM
Hiragana That I Have Not Seen, But Will Rank On Top To Show That I Do Not Let Ignorance Get In The Way Of Apparent Quality

I can't say I agree with that logic. If you haven't seen a show, you can't just assume that it meets your own criteria for quality. That's something that you'd actually have to watch the show for to see for yourself. But, whatever, its your vote.

Anyways, I'm going to tally up the rankings soon.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on January 06, 2013, 07:57:33 PM
Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on January 05, 2013, 06:59:10 PM

I can't say I agree with that logic. If you haven't seen a show, you can't just assume that it meets your own criteria for quality. That's something that you'd actually have to watch the show for to see for yourself. But, whatever, its your vote.
I feel that it is a more polite gesture than giving a show I haven't seen the last spot.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on January 06, 2013, 08:03:49 PM
I feel that it is a more polite gesture than giving a show I haven't seen the last spot.

Fair enough, but unless I absolutely hated a certain show that I have watched, I can't see myself ranking a show that I haven't seen above it. If its something like Inu-Yasha, then yes, I would know that there are certain shows that I haven't seen which I would definitely like better than that show without a shadow of a doubt, but in this case most of the anime nominated for this thread are good titles in their own rights; that much goes without saying. I'm just ranking the ones that I love and are among my favorites higher because I have seen and like them. I can't help the fact that I haven't seen everything in this competition (and really, who has?), but that's also a good way for me to discover new shows. For now, though, I just think of this thread as there for having fun. Its all about trying to see how far your favorite series will make it. Just because something doesn't make it to the next round doesn't mean its not still an amazing show (I mean, hell, some of my favorite series either barely made it through or didn't even make it through at all). At any rate, though, I'm not discrediting your opinion, just questioning how you could rank a show as the best in a certain match with the lack of an actual opinion on its content. Its no problem that you did, of course. :sweat:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Dragon Ball- 20
Hyouge Mono- 19
Serial Experiments Lain- 16
Level E- 14

Dragon Ball and Hyouge Mono move onto the next round.

Round 1, Match 15:

FLCL

vs.

Ergo Proxy

vs.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

vs.

Space Runaway Ideon

My Picks:

Puella Magi Madoka Magica (Easily one of the best anime that I have personally seen from the past few years)
Ergo Proxy (Certainly not a favorite, but I did manage to get something out of it....even if I'm not sure what that something is)
FLCL (I never cared for this series, but I at least like its visuals and animation)
Space Runaway Ideon (I haven't seen it)

Dr. Insomniac

That one where Charlotte ate that girl's head.
That one where a gun blew off Ashura's head.
That one where stuff came out of Naota's head.
That one where we had philosophy shoved down our heads.